SPOILER FREE Rebel Heart Tour thread

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

So this will mark my first time seeing Madonna live in the flesh. Unless I end up going to opening night in Miami (let's face it I probably will in the end or if not a NYC show) I have until October 5th to stay dickiplined © Janet Jackson.

Now I know I'm not the only one doing this. Who else is in?

For all those who have done it before please provide some tips. Tell us how you saw it through. We need to find ways to entertain ourselves. Ways to quench our thirst. I don't even want to have a sneak at the setlist. Nothing.

Although the setlist leaks and "themes" leak in advance, I'm going to opening night this time so they'll just be minor hints at best. If anything it'll get me more excited. So I'm not worried. Leaked audio or video or pics on the other hand, hell no.

This forum is pretty good about employing the spoiler warnings tho.

Guest bluejean

Stop making me want to go to Miami bitch!

Even if I'm in the nosebleeds I just know opening night will be the ultimate high. Knowing nothing at all, ugh. Amazing.

For MDNA, it was almost impossible to avoid spoilers. The tour was so controversial and made so many headlines before it even came to America that it was too hard to not know how she looked, what she sang, and what she did. You'd basically have had to just avoid the forum until your show date to avoid spoilers. It was such a huge tour and personally, I anticipated it more than any show before it.

She was rehearsing in Israel and some people snuck in to record the screens, and bam next thing you know we had striptease gifs from Human Nature, Candy Shop/Erotica and Vogue. From then on, fans got so excited that it was everywhere. In signatures, posted everywhere, etc.

THen they decided to professionally film 3 songs on opening night so then there was that.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, even having seen so many pics/gifs what not, I avoided video like the plague, and the tour was still a crazy experience when I saw it at Yankee Stadium. If you go to the opening show in Miami, this will all be irrelevant.

I had to stop reading parts of this forum and M news in general before seeing MDNA.

I think that's it better not know the set list or details from the show before seeing it.

Unfortunately, I did find out some info about MDNA concert, but for the most part it was a better experience not to know the show in advance.

Thats the only way I'd watch her show.

I'd stop coming on here until the day i see the show. and just avoid blogs and other news site coz you might see an article or something by mistake.

I also always plan to see the show closer to the beginning of the tour so that i can come back in here and enjoy the discussions.

If i can plan it to be at Miami I would, but with work being so unpredictable i wont know when i can take my leave until few months before the show. but I tell you waht, if i do make it to Miami, you'd easily spot me. I'll be wearing blue jeans, white shirt,hugging me so tight you know you made my muss burn.

:rotfl:

Abe can you please try to make it to Miami

Ai Papito Si, poner su churro todo el camino dentro de mí!

Guest Rachelle of London

Avoid the forum and Madonna articles. I did quite well for MDNA as my first show wasn't until July 17th and all I knew is that she opened with GGW and stripped during HN

Avoiding tour spoilers is just silly. It will be everywhere in the forum and it will be everywhere in the media. I suggest you log out of your forum account if you want to avoid spoilers. And while you're at it, turn off your TV, radio and internet connection and stop looking at newspapers and magazines. #nobodyknowsme

I don't know about visual spoilers but I will definitely read the setlist, briefly, beforehand. I don't want to leave the concert disappointed that she didn't do this song or that song

Guest bluejean

Avoiding tour spoilers is just silly. It will be everywhere in the forum and it will be everywhere in the media. I suggest you log out of your forum account if you want to avoid spoilers. And while you're at it, turn off your TV, radio and internet connection and stop looking at newspapers and magazines. #nobodyknowsme

All doable for those of us seeing her in the first month :lol:

I am going to try really, really hard to avoid spoilers this time around. I didn't see MDNA or S&S :ohmy:. This time, I have the best seats I've ever had for a Madonna concert and I want it to be the most magical experience of my life, which it could very well be considering how good RH is.

That's the only way I do it. I have seen CT, S&S and MDNA and I have been able to avoid almost all the spoilers. These were the only things I knew before seeing those shows:

- I knew she would be crucified on CT

- I knew Britney had done a some sort of a video for S&S

- I heard there would be guns on MDNA

That's it. I love the feeling when you have no idea what's coming next. It makes it all so much magical.

Absolutemadonna (forum) was also a good place to be around tours because people were very careful about spoilers. But I think I didn't go to the forum last time around, and I might log out from here too. Last forum didn't have any gifs and this one is full of them :laugh:

I also need to unfollow her on IG during the tour. That's a bummer, because I will surely miss many many great Madonna moments..

But yeah. I wish I didn't need to wait till October..

Seeing as this will be the first time I will see her live I am going to try not to see any spoilers as I think that will make the show even more special. That will be hard thoug as I'll have to stop following all the MADONNA news I get on FB and stop going on all the M forums. But as I am seeing it a bout a month into the tour I think it's highly unlikely I won't have seen some stuff.

It will be definitely easier for North American fans to avoid spoilers since she is playing this continent first.

An added bonus for European, and hopefully Australian fans is how she might add more songs to the set list again.

M appears to be into performing various tracks right now, and hopefully that diversity somehow translates into a varied and surprising setlist!!

Guest bluejean

I think it will. MDNA delivered the following additions in various cities:

Love Spent

Holiday

Everybody

Music

Give It 2 Me/Gangnam Style

Music

Give It 2 Me incorporated into Celebration

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Spanish Lesson

Going to try avoiding too much info this time too. For serious MNation addicts... if you still want to browse sections of the board before your date, one thing you can do to avoid visual spoilers is block images in your browser. There are browser extensions for it or you can look up how to do it manually.

I think it will. MDNA delivered the following additions in various cities:

Love Spent

Holiday

Everybody

Music

Give It 2 Me/Gangnam Style

Music

Give It 2 Me incorporated into Celebration

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Spanish Lesson

I was pretty good at avoiding most MDNA spoilers but the one thing I did want to know is if she'd perform Holiday, since it was my first M concert and I always wanted to see it live. I was kind of sad when told it wasn't in the setlist, but when she actually played it in Toronto I nearly had a heart attack! Best moment ever! :dramatic:

• 4 weeks later...

I am thrilled to see her first two shows in Miami. I will not be overcome by the spoilers. I don't mind knowing the set list but I don't want to watch bootleg versions of the entire show like MDNA and Sticky and Sweet. I remember going to Who's that Girl Tour as a boy and I had no clue what to expect. It was my first M concert....to be honest.....my first concert period. Oh the magic when she appeared behind the light screen and began Open Your Heart (my favorite Madonna song in 1987). I had absolutely no clue what was going to happen or even the songs that she was going to perform. I remember that experience fondly and wish to not have that experience spoiled. I can't wait. I am preparing my Rebel Heart for the greatest show on earth.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to avoid spoilers both in SS2008 and MDNA. It was extra hard considering South America was both times the last leg and Buenos Aires and Cordoba were of the few last concerts. But I made it. I mean, I wanted to avoid everything but you end up knowing a few things. In both ocassions I knew the songs but didn't know the order, for example when Like A Prayer started in SS I couldn't figure what song it was and when she started with the first verse it MELTED MY BRAIN. I remember back in 08 madonnalicious had a spoiler free version of their web so it was great, you got to hear all of the non tour related news. In 2012 madonnatribe started with a non spoiler version too but once she moved the tour out of Europe they scrapped it (the website is italian). I can honestly tell that getting to your show and not having seen nor a video nor an audio is MIND FUCKING BLOWING. It's the highest natural drug I've felt and probably the biggest fix I can get as a fan, the Madonna thing I enjoy the most. It requires a strong force of will for a fan but it's manageable and it's totally worth it. If and when she confirms South America for February as rumors say I will try and do this again, this time for the longest time of the three. I can't wait to not spoil myself!

• 2 months later...
Guest bluejean

Okay ladies... It's TIME.

A month to go, it's time for me to stop reading the spoiler thread in prep for the tour!

I don't even know if I can do it but I'm going to at least TRY. Who else is doing this?