Tour rumours/preparations

Nikki

Guest Hunterlas

Thanks VogueMusic for not talking out of your ass and bringing actual "FACTS" to the conversation.

Haven't read the MTribe article but I saw on Twitter that Jamie is the creative/art director rather than the actual tour director, aka a similar role to what he did on MDNA.

Guest eroticerotic

I think David will make an appearance, he seems to be into dancing especially with Loic, Madonna's dancer.

David's got the dancing talent for sure!

Guest Rachelle of London

Creative director is like what Christopher Ciccone did back in the day. Isn't Jamie Kimg listed as producer for MDNA as well. I don't mind his work at all.

Jamie produced some great stuff but im glad Laprise, Cirque and Moment Factory were involved in MDNA. It seemed different in a great way with brilliant visuals and a different atmosphere. The addition of the moving stage and the other stage props gave it another dimension. I think Jamie was getting a bit stale with the 4 section routine with everything on big screens. I hope she uses everyone from MDNA :)

Agree MDNA tour felt fresher in some respect because the four section routine was starting to feel a little tired by S & S. Keeping fingers crossed M will collaborate with different people who will help bring it up a notch with new ideas. Hope does not over do it with big screens.

Guest Hunterlas

You can bitch all you want, Madonna has NEVER done a mediocre tour... Her "weakest" efforts have been nothing less than great productions. Im not worried at all who the fuck is or isnt the creative director. This will be a MADONNA SHOW, dont let any credits fool you.

Don't really know yet how to feel about S.E.X.

Love the song and I don't see her doing bad, but I guess I'm too anxious about yet another spot being taken on the precious set list :/ What about you guys?

Confirmed :

Living For Love

S.E.X

Holy Water

Ghosttown

Very likely :

Joan Of Arc

Bitch I'm Madonna

Rebel Heart

Devil Pray

Shit we almost have the entire setlist from the RH album...and it's not enough! I don't know what I'll do with myself if she doesn't perform Best Night, Inside Out, Messiah, Heartbreakcity, Body Shop, Unapologetic Bitch... there are so many she might leave out god noooooooooooo :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

fan made, isn't it ?

Yes you're right. There's a signature on the left.

I'm wondering when we'll see some tour art. For MDNA there was just the random poster in the white suit and they just called it the madonna tour at the start. I hope this is more coordinated.

Guest Hunterlas

The SEX "before, during and after" answer seemed more like a joke to me.... Like not wanting to reveal anything and going for funny by saying that.

Guest Rachelle of London

The SEX "before, during and after" answer seemed more like a joke to me.... Like not wanting to reveal anything and going for funny by saying that.

I agree

Even though I want her to perform sex more than anything it sounded like a joke about having sex

I hope she pulls a DWT setlist-wise and performs mostly RH material

I would love to hear most of the album too as it has so many good songs. I doubt this will happen, it's more likely we will get a Re-Invention style tour due to the lacklustre sales eg. American Life. I want a lot of classics as well as new stuff. A good mix keeps everyone happy, the fans and the general public. The only reason she got away with the DWT set list was because she hadn't toured in 8 years and everyone wanted to see her. I want a good balance of both :)

I think Rebel Heart is a terrific album that most fans enjoy so there is no need to go to the extreme of doing a Re-invention Tour setlist. However, I don't think a DWT setlist of almost all new songs would be a great idea either. I think she needs to hit a happy medium of a good number of Rebel Heart songs mixed in with classics, as well as a few surprise older songs that haven't been performed very often.

I think the mix on the last two tours was good and not going to either extreme so she should stick with that.

Guest Hunterlas

I think Rebel Heart is a terrific album that most fans enjoy so there is no need to go to the extreme of doing a Re-invention Tour setlist

No need to go to the extreme?!? How dramatic of you. Seriously. The Re-Invention Tour had 7 songs from American Life. I feel thats very fair, thats actually the way it should be if you ask me. Madonna have a vast catalogue of songs, if she were to sing 7 songs from her latest album and the rest songs from her previous glorious records, this should be not be taken as bad news... Seriusly, I dont get you people.

i agree, i'd prefer another song to be performed from rebelheart than s e x .....there are better songs than that one on the album imo and there's only sofew she can perform on tour as she willbe doing most likely half rebel heart / half big hits..

It's surprising that she's mentioned performing S.E.X., since it's essentially "just" a bonus track on the Deluxe edition. Then again, so is "Rebel Heart", so who knows what she's planning?

For RIT, she performed six new tracks (seven, including part of "Intervention"), a whopping 17 old tracks and one cover.

For Confessions, we got 9 new tracks and 9 old ones.

For S&S, it was 9 new and 12 old (8 new and 13 old for S&S 2.0).

For MDNA, it was 12 new (10 from MDNA) and 11 old.

She's touring markets that she hasn't visited for over 20 years (or ever) this time around. Guy really should be planting the seed that she should aim for a 60/40 split old versus new (a la S&S 2.0). If she's a massive critical and commercial success in the new markets, then there will be demand for her to tour there in the future (easing the market saturation that she seems to be experiencing in some European and US cities). A show where only the die-hards know 3/4 of the setlist will not earn her critical acclaim, unfortunately.

8/9 RH tracks and 13 bona fide classics would keep everyone happy. Of course, some will complain that their favourite RH track wasn't played, but just as I've recovered from her not performing "Push" live, I'm sure they'll recover from not hearing their favourite track ;)

I think the balance between old and new is actually just right on the last couple of tours. She actually does quite a few older songs, more than a lot of people who haven't seen her think. The problem comes in more when she tries to reinvent the songs a little too much sometimes. A lot of casual fans want to hear them more like the originals and not in unrecognizable or radically reinvented versions. I know she gets bored with singing them like the originals but I think maybe she could not go overboard with the reinventions but just modernize a little bit.

Look how much people liked hearing her sing Dress You Up with Ellen in the bathroom with the original backing track.

I think S.E.X. would fit in well with the pole dancing section. Perhaps she could blend S.E.X. and Holy Water together in a mash up for that section so we get to hear a part of each but without performing all of each in their entirety.