12 Headlines We'd Read if Madonna Were an Older Man

Mozo1

Love this. Found it via boyculture.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-toussaint/12-headlines-wed-read-if-madonna-were-an-older-man_b_6911464.html

Madonna gets a lot of heat for behaving in a way many believe is inappropriate for a woman over 50. Men who are also "of a certain age" often behave in rebel fashion, but are usually lauded for their actions. Here, the headlines we'd read if Madonna practiced what many older men preach.

1: Harrison Ford, Private Plane Pilot. On March 5, the 72-year-old actor crashed his World War II-era plane. The story made headlines around the world, all honoring how well he managed to handle the accident and hoping for his speedy recovery.

Madonna's Headline
No longer High, Flying or Adored, Madonna Crashes on the Runway and the Charts

2: Paul Newman, Racecar Driving. An avid racecar fan, at 70 years of age, the late actor became the oldest driver in a winning Daytona team.

Madonna's Headline
B*** on Wheels: Desperate Madonna Still Thinks She's in the Race

3: Iggy Pop, Shirtless. The 67-year-old rock icon is still posing shirtless, to the admiration of fans all over the world.

Madonna's Headline
Icky Pop: GrandMadonna's Topless Photo Looks Like a Map of the Old Stars Homes

4: Tom Cruise, Fencing. In addition to doing his own movie stunts, the 52-year-old actor is a huge fencing fan.

Madonna's Headline
Right of Light Saber: Madonna Learns How to, Literally, Stab Her Friends in the Back

5: Russell Crowe, Knitting. The 50-year-old bad boy likes to knit in his spare time. Even gladiators need to get in touch with their feminine side.

Madonna's Headline
Unapologetic Stitch: Will Madonna Knit Baby Booties for Her Next Boyfriend?

6: Brad Pitt, Motorcycle Riding. Everyone's favorite Hollywood Dad, Pitt is a serious motorcycle enthusiast, even at 51 years of age.

Madonna's Headline
Motorcycle Mama's Message to Her Children: Biking Is Fine!

7: Sean Penn, Surfing. The 54-year-old actor and ex-husband of Madge stays in magnificent shape, in part by surfing.

Madonna's Headline
Drowned World: Madonna Desperately Tries to Stay Afloat

8: Johnny Depp, Owning and Island. The 51-year-old American actor resides in France and owns an island in the Bahamas.

Madonna's Headline
From British to Bahamian, Madonna's Un-American Ambitions

9: Sting, Tantric Sex. Everyone's favorite ex-teacher, Sting, 63, has been practicing Tantric sex for years.

Madonna's Headline
Chanteuse on the Loose: Madonna's Sexual Stretch Marks

10: George Clooney, Sports. The "Sexiest Man Alive," 53-year-old Clooney's an avid baseball, basketball, and football fanatic.

Madonna's Headline
No Longer in a League of Her Own, Madonna Strikes Out on the Playing Field, Dribbles in Public, and Chases After Tight Ends

11: Denzel Washington, Boxing. At 60, the two-time Academy Award winner still boxes to keep in shape.

Madonna's Headline
Former Musical Heavyweight Madonna Now Hits Below the Belt

12: Kevin Costner, Horseback Riding. The 60-year-old star is an established equestrian and does his own riding in films. Here's hoping he's always careful.

Madonna's Headline
Madonna owns... wait, she fell off her horse in 2005, leaving her with a broken hand, busted collarbone and three cracked ribs. One very popular New York Newspaper wrote it..."Madonna Falls Off Her High Horse."

... If Madonna did it, you'd read all about it.

Pretty much spot on. It was only a while back, I saw something relatable to this in the NW magazine. There was a nasty article about Madonna - being too old, having a young boyfriend and being "desperate, irrelevant, an old hag" etc. She actually looked gorgeous in the photos but the word Grandma etc was used even though she is not a grandmother. In the exact same magazine, there was an article about her ex husband Sean Penn dating Scarlett Johansson. The article thought they were a wonderful couple and called Sean a "silver fox" yet in the photos he looked dreadful. They praised him up for attracting Scarlett. The hypocrisy and sexism stood out big time.

It's the best thing I have read in God knows how long. I had to tweet it to Guy and some others. Please tweet to fucking bloggers and entertainment handles. yeah, it may be pointless but someone will read it and maybe it will resonate.

Pretty much spot on. It was only a while back, I saw something relatable to this in the NW magazine. There was a nasty article about Madonna - being too old, having a young boyfriend and being "desperate, irrelevant, an old hag" etc. She actually looked gorgeous in the photos but the word Grandma etc was used even though she is not a grandmother.

In the exact same magazine, there was an article about her ex husband Sean Penn dating Scarlett Johansson. The article thought they were a wonderful couple and called Sean a "silver fox" yet in the photos he looked dreadful. They praised him up for attracting Scarlett. The hypocrisy and sexism stood out big time.

This, Quite alarming indeed

Sean Penn has aged awfully and was never the outstandingly handsome type anyway, he smokes and drinks and looks haggard most of the time but heaven forbid Madonna who looks 100 times better is to be praised for sleeping with guys the age of Scarlett Johanson

People make fun of the Rolling Stones all the time.

I just heard on the radio that they are touring again this summer. They were joking about Metamucil and Depends being sponsors, taking them out of their assisted living facility, etc.

In ten years, media will be praising this is part of M career as "pushing boundaries" & "uncompromising"

No, they will not.

I suspect that she'll only receive praise once she's died. Even then, I have my doubts.

No, they will not.

I suspect that she'll only receive praise once she's died. Even then, I have my doubts.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. The things Madonna did in the 80's - becoming a force behind the scenes with her recording contracts, being sexy, feminine and powerful all at the same time, supporting rights for people with Aids ( still remember nasty articles about Madonna and Elizabeth Taylor re this ) and generally talking about being ambitious without shame. Today others do these things and are praised while Madonna is accused of being desperate and copying them. I do think though when she is gone - what a dreadful thought - people will however acknowledge her in a massive way.