Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Sorry to drag it on......I just read the posts after the one I quoted.

So will the pic today stir up anything? Is she likening herself to Jesus......again? This bitch and her ego. Let's talk about the Messiah Complex.

You flops can go and make your own Thatcher thread. I'm deleting anymore of this shite. PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

Thank you! A Thatcher thread will be so much fun.

queenbored.gif

I can't wait to avoid it.

bored-gif-gifs.gif

It happened recently, maybe he did something to piss her off who knows, she still follows her former fuck toy jesus luz. Is she gonna date yet another dancer now that she's going on tour? i don't like those twinks, she needs a real man :(

I like Jesus

Was looking forward to having a civilized conversation with Kim but then read more and then people worrying about what you think and then I'm like ugh he's so annoying. Why is everyone so concerned about what you think?

Like oh your bothered by the conversation. Who cares, and I say that in a very nice way.

Was looking forward to having a civilized conversation with Kim but then read more and then people worrying about what you think and then I'm like ugh he's so annoying. Why is everyone so concerned about what you think?

Like oh your bothered by the conversation. Who cares, and I say that in a very nice way.

You most of all you mean?

Probably cos I spent a while deleting about 15 posts of Thatcher shite from the topic while you took your 1 hour break from the forum.

Take your passive-aggressive crap and stick it Larkspur. I told you once before to stay away from me and then foolishly made the mistake of directly answering you.

Back to MADONNA'S INSTAGRAM.

As far as this particular issue goes, taking MADONNA out of the equation for a second. Thatcher is one of the most divisive and hated figures in this country. Just the mention of her name sends many people into a diatribe. There were indeed street parties held when she finally died alone, holed up in the London Ritz. Whole cities, communities, industries, families decimated by this woman's economic policies, many of them still recovering from it to this very day. A woman who scoffed at the idea of "society" A woman who introduced the first anti gay legislation in over a century that DIRECTLY affected the 30something year old men that make up the majority of Madonna's UK fanbase,. Thatcher also had an innate dislike of women, sneering at the idea of womens liberation and early feminism. You ask "why are people so angry?"

Now, no matter what point you may think Madonna was making or not, whether you expect fans and or non fans to take things on face value as just loving Madonna for her music and being a popstar they love, or "getting" the whole intellectualized ironic package, or just digging the provocateur, or how hard you think people should think about whatever abstract point Madonna is or isn't making. It's not for you or anyone else to say how some Madonna fans (and i'm talking about fans not dire social media trolls) react to that. A nice picture hashtagged with #rebelheart (of which Thatcher was NOT) and a "thankyou" to Thatcher for the words that Madonna may or may not agree with or take solace from or identify with...yes, a perfectly acceptable quote that SOME may see as coming from another 'misunderstood' woman from history, and the resulting fallout proving some some other abstract point, badly made as it was or wasn't, or as 'eye-raw-nick' as some may try and make it, what it WAS, and I'll say it over and over ...was an ILL-ADVISED posting to make.

To her credit, Madonna understood that and deleted as she should have.

Really It's looking like this discussion has been exhausted by now with the same points being made. Still no new "scandal" to over-analyze yet?

If people aren't breaking any forum rules, why should you take it upon yourself to say what people should discuss?

Not to mention shutting down the discussion and saying it's been exhausted *after* you've put in your essay-long 'history' lesson. I do like you as a poster, but as far as I'm aware moderators are here to keep things civil and ensure forum rules are adhered to, not use their permissions to win arguments and censor other people's opinions.

Wrong. There is no argument, there is no competition, just a constant merry-go-round while people who want to discuss MADONNA'S INSTAGRAM are cast aside That post is a repeat of what I've already said as is many of the posts surrounding it. If YOU want to at least TRY and wriggle a mention of Madonna into your arguments, instead of just your political rhetoric that we all already know off by heart by now anyway, then maybe they wouldn't have been deleted.

As I said, feel free to create a "social media reactions to Madonna thread" or a Thatcher thread in the politics forum (that you obviously won't even see having been banned from there) and talk in circles to your heart's content.

BACK TO MADONNA'S INSTAGRAM

Wrong. There is no argument, there is no competition, just a constant merry-go-round while people who want to discuss MADONNA'S INSTAGRAM are cast aside That post is a repeat of what I've already said as is many of the posts surrounding it. If YOU want to at least TRY and wriggle a mention of Madonna into your arguments, instead of just your political rhetoric that we all already know off by heart by now anyway, then maybe they wouldn't have been deleted.

As I said, feel free to create a "social media reactions to Madonna thread" and talk in circles to your heart's content in it.

BACK TO MADONNA'S INSTAGRAM

Are you saying that people who want to discuss Madonna's Instagram (except this one post that we're not allowed to discuss) are being prevented from posting by all the millions of Thatcher posts? Surely that comes under the same category as songs selling out on iTunes! And further undermined by the fact that you deleted everyone else's posts but kept your own three paragraph account of Thatcher's career for all to see. That's not being a moderator, it's taking your ball away.

Kim deletes what he doesn't like?! Um... :rotfl:

No, Kim takes the discussion away from Thatcher and back to Madonna.

As for "what on earth is going on?" Having just come from the Coachella thread, I should really be asking you that.

No, Kim takes the discussion away from Thatcher and back to Madonna.

As for "what on earth is going on?" Having just come from the Coachella thread, I should really be asking you that.

But only after you've had YOUR say on Thatcher. Then the discussion closes.

Guest Pud Whacker

Are you saying that people who want to discuss Madonna's Instagram (except this one post that we're not allowed to discuss) are being prevented from posting by all the millions of Thatcher posts? Surely that comes under the same category as songs selling out on iTunes! And further undermined by the fact that you deleted everyone else's posts but kept your own three paragraph account of Thatcher's career for all to see. That's not being a moderator, it's taking your ball away.

Does hector know about this?!!

Nope. Posts didn't start getting deleted (by me) until long after I made that post. Yes, people are complaining about the constant back and forth about politics that doesn't belong in this thread. I've responded to said complaints. I 'm quite willing to sit here and call out Thatcher all day and night.

Whoever thought we'd get to a time when Madonna's fans want to censor her. When they say 'She saw better of it and deleted it, good'. We love Madonna outraging people as long as it's not us. Just appallingly intolerant.

You already know you're on your last legs. Hector tells you every time you pop your head up. This has nothing to do with "defending Madonna". You haven't had anything, good or bad to say about Madonna and/or her work in years. Just give it up .

You already know you're on your last legs. Hector tells you every time you pop your head up. This has nothing to do with "defending Madonna". You haven't had anything, good or bad to say about Madonna and/or her work in years. Just give it up .

I don't need to give it up do I, you can just delete everything you don't like.