Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Not angry whatsoever. Just a little bemused that you and certain others keep going on about people IN HERE accusing Madonna of agreeing with all of Thatcher's policies, when, as I've just said, no-one here has said that at all. What's happening on social media sites, blogs, whatever else, has no bearing on the people who are giving their views in this topic.

No I was trying think of why people would be upset. I didn't clarify that I believe the majority here fall into the angry and resentful. Why would people make that much of a deal out of it if there wasn't any kind of emotion or fear going on?

I am not going to repeat the thoughts in here on Madonna's judgement or intellect but is that what made you react in a negative way? (not angry)

I believe she says and does things to make people think and it puts her in a very vunerable position but I think that is something to be admired and is very courageous.

I am not going on with it other then to not have it dismissed as something trivial as just Madonna having a "moment."

As far hurt and anger and resentment for a person who got away with making a law that imposed on human

rights in my country and they weren't spoken about with anything but contempt. I would be angry.

No I was trying think of why people would be upset. I didn't clarify that I believe the majority here fall into the angry and resentful. Why would people make that much of a deal out of it if there wasn't any kind of emotion or fear going on?

I am not going to repeat the thoughts in here on Madonna's judgement or intellect but is that what made you react in a negative way? (not angry)

I believe she says and does things to make people think and it puts her in a very vunerable position but I think that is something to be admired and is very courageous.

I am not going on with it other then to not have it dismissed as something trivial as just Madonna having a "moment."

As far hurt and anger and resentment for a person who got away with making a law that imposed on human

rights in my country and they weren't spoken about with anything but contempt. I would be angry.

As far as this particular issue goes, taking MADONNA out of the equation for a second. Thatcher is one of the most divisive and hated figures in this country. Just the mention of her name sends many people into a diatribe. There were indeed street parties held when she finally died alone, holed up in the London Ritz. Whole cities, communities, industries, families decimated by this woman's economic policies, many of them still recovering from it to this very day. A woman who scoffed at the idea of "society" A woman who introduced the first anti gay legislation in over a century that DIRECTLY affected the 30something year old men that make up the majority of Madonna's UK fanbase,. Thatcher also had an innate dislike of women, sneering at the idea of womens liberation and early feminism. You ask "why are people so angry?"

Now, no matter what point you may think Madonna was making or not, whether you expect fans and or non fans to take things on face value as just loving Madonna for her music and being a popstar they love, or "getting" the whole intellectualized ironic package, or just digging the provocateur, or how hard you think people should think about whatever abstract point Madonna is or isn't making. It's not for you or anyone else to say how some Madonna fans (and i'm talking about fans not dire social media trolls) react to that. A nice picture hashtagged with #rebelheart (of which Thatcher was NOT) and a "thankyou" to Thatcher for the words that Madonna may or may not agree with or take solace from or identify with...yes, a perfectly acceptable quote that SOME may see as coming from another 'misunderstood' woman from history, and the resulting fallout proving some some other abstract point, badly made as it was or wasn't, or as 'eye-raw-nick' as some may try and make it, what it WAS, and I'll say it over and over ...was an ILL-ADVISED posting to make.

To her credit, Madonna understood that and deleted as she should have.

Really It's looking like this discussion has been exhausted by now with the same points being made. Still no new "scandal" to over-analyze yet?

Turns out mlvcpr was previously banned as therealalejandro and other accounts . *FLUSH*

Glinda you are certainly welcome and appreciated here and shouldn't leave.

Thank you for keeping the cool here Hector. :bow: :bow: :bow:

It's something that has been said in a few different way by a few different people, the fact that she chose such a polarizing and notorious political figure is textbook Madonna, but I don't think she was in the mood for another fallout.

So true. She's a brilliant troll. :laugh:

madonnaciudades.jpg

She looks SO cute here.

Perhaps being a Yank does sway my opinion or perhaps if the post had come from a known bigot i would've reacted different.....idk. Still, things seem to get taken far too seriously on social media. What I mean is, people seemingly trying to get angry about something......anything. I thought the same thing when Mike Tyson made that Hitler comment and it caused a bit of a stir. It feels like people are increasingly becoming incapable of using rationalization before reacting. Just because they could've referenced more "politically correct" people to get their points across shouldn't negate common sense. It pains me to think that after all Madonna has done for promoting human rights, equality etc that someone would actually think she supports everything Thatcher did politically because she admires a quote by her. And a black man supporting a Nazi?? It's like really people?? Lol

In regard to Madonna and social media.......mind you I'm not on social media so......to me it seems like she gets misunderstood just like she does in her art. I'm certainly not equating an Instagram post to the LAP or RH album but still, her point of views, the way she conveys her message are misunderstood and always have been. Apparently no matter how she expresses her views, it causes a bit of a stir.

Brilliant post Kurt!!!!!!!! :clap:

It's scary to see where we are going in society...

When did she unfollow Timor?

He posted a picture with olga. Few weeks ago. Could be an old photo.

yesterday i think.

When did she unfollow Timor?

He posted a picture with olga. Few weeks ago. Could be an old photo.

It happened recently, maybe he did something to piss her off who knows, she still follows her former fuck toy jesus luz. Is she gonna date yet another dancer now that she's going on tour? i don't like those twinks, she needs a real man :(

MOVE ON already . Jesus.

Sorry, didn't mean to drag anything out...some of us come into these threads a little late in the conversation...

Plus, I was more so reacting to Kurt's comments about social media and reaction in a general sense.

I actually was going to give a thumbs up to your last post on 'you know who' (the Thatch) above...lots of things I didn't know about that woman. It helps put the whole situation in a better context for those of us here in the US.

Have to say, I was super disappointed with Madonna for posting this. I also grew up in the 80s and lived through Thatcher's regime and, honestly, it wasn't fun at all. At a time when AIDS hysteria was at its height, her Section 28 policy served to fuel fear around HIV, as well as stigmatise and demonise gay men, even more than they already were. Thatcher wasn't revolutionary, much less a 'rebel' - she was the face of the establishment, who just happened to be a woman.

Oh, and what's with all the criticism of political correctness? If you're LGBT, a woman, belong to an racial/ethnic minority or have a disability, then political correctness is a good thing. Language has always been used to oppress minorities and keep them in their place, and political correctness seeks to address that in order to level the playing field.

People often place political correctness in direct opposition to freedom of speech when, in fact, there's no reason why the former can't inform the latter. Is it really so difficult to be sensitive to others whilst expressing your own opinion? Attacking political correctness does not make you a free speech warrior but, rather, it places you cheek by jowl with the reactionary Right and assists them in preserving their privilege.

Assuming M fan base and herself are left leaning, unsure why she would post Thatcher who's polarizing and hated. :confused:

Personally, don't care at all, but wow can't avoid controversy!

Theres your answer.

Sorry, didn't mean to drag anything out...some of us come into these threads a little late in the conversation...

Plus, I was more so reacting to Kurt's comments about social media and reaction in a general sense.

I actually was going to give a thumbs up to your last post on 'you know who' above...lots of things I didn't know about that woman. It helps put the whole situation in a better context for those of us here in the US.

Fair enough, but it has at this point just become repetitive on all sides.

I do see that there's a disconnect within the discussion with some people talking about the "outside" world, social media reactions etc and others referring to actual fans within the discussion here like myself who disagree with Madonna's posting despite all the arguments for and against. There's probably a need for a dedicated "social media reactions to Madonna" thread.

Meryl Streep and her whitewashed movie do have a lot to answer for!