Madonna at Tidal presentation [merged]

Anybody else tried Tidal? I've subscribed and I must say it looks great! I had Spotify for a while and I'm not a big fan. I'm definitely going to make the switch to Tidal! :clap:

Spotify looks horrible :ugh: But it's gonna take a lot more than Jay-Z to displace it.

There's so many loose ends in Spotify. I would subscribe to tidal, but I like only having to pay $5 a month for a student subscription

Also, is Prince's music videos on tidal??

If tidal is truly tanking, it sucks M was there at the start.

Glad though bey and jay z finally had a failure in the public eye even though no one will criticize them because not PC. The media would have torn up tidal if it was a creation of mostly rich whites.

don't really care one way or the other about tidal. but she did look really beautiful at the launch event

Yes. That vid, those looks, that table moment... I don't care if this flops, i just love that she was there.

no spotify take all the money they earn from artists/songwriters while giving almost nothing back!

That's not true. Spotify keeps 30% and 70% goes to the rightsholders.

They can only give back what they earn. And if most of your customers are only using the free of charge version of your product then hardly any money is left to share once they have deducted all their costs from the revenues they make from advertising.

Free of charge is the reason for their "success" and that's alarming because it is business model that only works at the expense of some people involved. And those are the artists. Spotify probably believes that giving artists, especially young, unknown artists a platform is enough of a reward. Why pay them? The most laughable thing I read a few days ago was that Spotify is worth more than the whole recording industry. Allegedly 8 billion dollars. I guess those evaluations come from investment banks already preparing the IPO. Once again there is this huge number that is not based on any reasonable figure. Like revenue or profit. It's the same shit going on when Twitter went public. "Worth" a few bllion and has yet to file one cent of profit. How the rules of capitalism have changed. Working profitable? Who cares? All what counts is your market capitalization. It's all a big fraud with a few people cashing in big time. Sooner or later, Twitter, Facebook, Uber, AirBnB or those social media and shared economy companies will fail because the products they offer are just not that profitable to justify their worth. Of course, thanks to the billions they made from IPOs and other funding they have now bought companies that actually produce something to safe their asses when their main business falters. This system stinks. But back to Spotify at its bigger worth than the whole recording industry. Well, let's see what happens if performing rights organizations revoke the licences for their artists all of a sudden and just because they can. What is Spotify going to stream?

Of course, todays customers that want everything for free without even thinking who is going to pay for all of this are lashing out at TIDAL because they have no free version. Although it has been properly explained why. Instead they attack Jay-Z and others because they are rich. I guess the overall ignorance about this topic is working very much in favor of Spotify. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the articles about TIDALs failure and the tweets attacking TIDAL are coming from sources related to Spotify or another competitor.

I heard spotify gives almost nothing to the artists. spotify is FREE. yes they got paid members but not enough to cover up the losses artists make of not getting $/song.

ok, I see raider of the lost ark already explained it :) and much better than myself