Madonna at Tidal presentation [merged]

Exactly! Remember paying $20 for a CD of 12 songs? Now, $20 for a month of basically unlimited songs from an unlimited number of artists is seen as "greedy"? Seems a little......well, greedy to complain about that. It's irrelevant how much $$$ these artists already have, this is their work and they deserve to be compensated for it.

Cheap hoes wants everything free these days. :lol:

It's amazing how the public has been manipulated by big companies. Like the one guy from Daft Punk said in the ad, "we are not products," and that is how artists have been treated. Not just by companies but by fans. No wonder they get along so well. The fans get what they want and someone somewhere is getting rich off of using these artists and their work. Like Madonna said, nothing is free, someone somwhere is getting paid.

People are insane talking about how rich the artist is. Excuse me what is the cap on how much your allowed to have in you're bank account before it's okay for you to get ripped off for your work? I am not a business person by any stretch. I'm bored by money. I'm bored by business discussions, but I am interested in people. It amazes me how entitled people have become. They truly have no interest in knowing what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. For people who are so insulting of people with money, the only thing they care about is their own damn pockets. Everyone just makes up their own reality today and are manipulated to be angry at the wrong people. Some people are genuine but there is a ton of hypocrisy out there. They don't want to pay someone else for their work but would be furious if they didn't get paid for theirs.

I love the idea of everyone sharing everything but that is not a reality for anyone unless you want to retreat from the world.

I still buy CDs of my favorites, but I also stream all the time for free.

I can understand people being extremely resistant to the idea of paying for any music, especially younger kids who see this as a foreign concept. :laugh:

I'm also surprised to see their being a backlash against anything associated with Jay Z and Bey since they represent "real" artists.

People rather make rich people who don't produce music just because they make billions giving them someone else's work for free than attists making the music. This way of thinking is spreading so fast that one day, very soon you're gonna be asked to work for free as well and it will be too late. Some people will tell you you are greedy to protest.

People rather make rich people who don't produce music just because they make billions giving them someone else's work for free than attists making the music. This way of thinking is spreading so fast that one day, very soon you're gonna be asked to work for free as well and it will be too late. Some people will tell you you are greedy to protest.

actually, in Spain is already happening.If you have any complain about your job, the hours, the salary, your bosses not respecting your workers´rights, people, a lot of people will tell you that ast least you have a job and that you have to accept everything that you bosses tell you and you are stupid or greedy, or selfish, if you protest

Im looking on the upside. Maybe we will get better videos for 3rd/4th singles, also I bet Madge thinks 'another school for Malawi' and she doesnt have to do anything, just sign a piece of paper.

Its better for M to decide where to put her money instead of some suit from spotify going to the bank.

Guest PRPapi

It's amazing how the public has been manipulated by big companies. Like the one guy from Daft Punk said in the ad, "we are not products," and that is how artists have been treated. Not just by companies but by fans. No wonder they get along so well. The fans get what they want and someone somewhere is getting rich off of using these artists and their work. Like Madonna said, nothing is free, someone somwhere is getting paid.

People are insane talking about how rich the artist is. Excuse me what is the cap on how much your allowed to have in your bank account before it's okay for you to get ripped off for your work? I am not a business person by any stretch. I'm bored by money. I'm bored by business discussions, but I am interested in people. It amazes me how entitled people have become. They truly have no interest in knowing what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. For people who are so insulting of people with money, the only thing they care about is their own damn pockets. Everyone just makes up their own reality today and are manipulated to be angry at the wrong people. Some people are genuine but there is a ton of hypocrisy out there. They don't want to pay someone else for their work but would be furious if they didn't get paid for theirs.

I love the idea of everyone sharing everything but that is not a reality for anyone unless you want to retreat from the world.

I agree 100% with everythifng you just said. Preach it, sistah!

And, everything that is being said is, also, true: this younger generation is ridiculously entitled and have grown up in an environment promoting free ownership of music. Also, unfortunately, many poor people immediately hate on those with money and throw logic and reason out the window when it comes to them, as a result. And, they have been used to getting help, hand-me-downs, aid and assistance from either the government or those who have money. So, for them to, seemingly, have to start paying for something they've been getting for free is a huge insult to them and is seen as yet another "rich getting richer, poor getting poorer" scenario.

Thing is, on what are they listening to this streaming music? Isn't it on a relatively expensive, electronic device you had to pay for? What would happen if streaming music or file-sharing was never invented? Wouldn't you, then, have to count on getting your free music by listening to the radio? And, what would happen if you loved a song so much that you wanted to own it for yourself? You'd have to go and, GASP, BUY it! And, as so many have said, what would happen if, at pay day, employees of a company opened up their envelopes and saw their paychecks reading $0.00? A riot would ensue! But, somehow, it's ok for artists not to be paid for their work? I don't think so.

Also, not being able to make money off their work does create an environment where artists either don't have the time or lose their interest in pursuing their art, thereby drastically limiting the amount of quality art out there, which would allow for more crap "art" to be available to the masses, significantly influencing what is mentally perceived and accepted as true art. SO many affects!

Thing is, you want free music? Listen to the radio. You want the LUXURY of being able to own music and manipulate what you listen to and when? Then, you gotsta BUY the music. Plain and simple.

And, everything that is being said is, also, true: this younger generation is ridiculously entitled and have grown up in an environment promoting free ownership of music. Also, unfortunately, many poor people immediately hate on those with money and throw logic and reason out the window when it comes to them, as a result. And, they have been used to getting help, hand-me-downs, aid and assistance from either the government or those who have money. So, for them to, seemingly, have to start paying for something they've been getting for free is a huge insult to them and is seen as yet another "rich getting richer, poor getting poorer" scenario.

Thing is, on what are they listening to this streaming music? Isn't it on a relatively expensive, electronic device you had to pay for? What would happen if streaming music or file-sharing was never invented? Wouldn't you, then, have to count on getting your free music by listening to the radio? And, what would happen if you loved a song so much that you wanted to own it for yourself? You'd have to go and, GASP, BUY it! And, as so many have said, what would happen if, at pay day, employees of a company opened up their envelopes and saw their paychecks reading $0.00? A riot would ensue! But, somehow, it's ok for artists not to be paid for their work? I don't think so.

Also, not being able to make money off their work does create an environment where artists either don't have the time or lose their interest in pursuing their art, thereby drastically limiting the amount of quality art out there, which would allow for more crap "art" to be available to the masses, significantly influencing what is mentally perceived and accepted as true art. SO many affects!

Thing is, you want free music? Listen to the radio. You want the LUXURY of being able to own music and manipulate what you listen to and when? Then, you gotsta BUY the music. Plain and simple.

NAIL ON HEAD!

Both you and Larkspur.

A work colleague just posted this on FB, really want to jump on his back but other work colleagues have liked it!!

"I want nothing more than for Tidal to fail. Bunch of self righteous, out of touch bellends!"

People are insane talking about how rich the artist is. Excuse me what is the cap on how much your allowed to have in you're bank account before it's okay for you to get ripped off for your work? I am not a business person by any stretch. I'm bored by money. I'm bored by business discussions, but I am interested in people. It amazes me how entitled people have become. They truly have no interest in knowing what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. For people who are so insulting of people with money, the only thing they care about is their own damn pockets. Everyone just makes up their own reality today and are manipulated to be angry at the wrong people. Some people are genuine but there is a ton of hypocrisy out there. They don't want to pay someone else for their work but would be furious if they didn't get paid for theirs.

Beautifully said. Couldn't agree more.

Why are you all and then for that matter focusing on the consumers? Since when is it our fault that these streaming services are cheating them out of their money? Pandora has existed for years and nobody has said a word about it, if you're mad come at the creators of spotify who aren't paying you enough. IF consumers want to BUY your music they will based off of how much they enjoy it. Most of spotify users like myself listen to other artists who I don't like enough to actually spend tons of money on their singles and albums. It's that simple. It's reslly pissing me off that consumers like me who take advantage of the services for non selfish reasons are being blamed.

Guest PRPapi

Why are you all and then for that matter focusing on the consumers? Since when is it our fault that these streaming services are cheating them out of their money? Pandora has existed for years and nobody has said a word about it, if you're mad come at the creators of spotify who aren't paying you enough. IF consumers want to BUY your music they will based off of how much they enjoy it. Most of spotify users like myself listen to other artists who I don't like enough to actually spend tons of money on their singles and albums. It's that simple. It's reslly pissing me off that consumers like me who take advantage of the services for non selfish reasons are being blamed.

Nobody's blaming YOU, the consumer (which, in actuality, is US since we're ALL consumers). Don't take it so personally. We're blaming the illogical, non-sensical, backward, hypocritical way of thinking that a musician's work shouldn't compensated by those who enjoy it. You can't have supply without demand. A company wouldn't exist if it doesn't have consumers that buy their services. Similarly, Spotify, Slacker, Pandora, etc. (streaming services that I pay for and enjoy, as well) wouldn't exist if people weren't listening. So, yes, PART of the blame DOES go on the consumer. You can't have one without the other. Ultimately, yes, the companies are the ones who profit most and hold most of the responsibility of rightfully compensating their artists, but everyone, including consumers, have to shoulder some of the responsibility, too. All in all, the music industry is needs a complete overhaul, and that's what they're trying to do.

Nobody's blaming YOU, the consumer (which, in actuality, is US since we're ALL consumers). Don't take it so personally. We're blaming the illogical, non-sensical, backward, hypocritical way of thinking that a musician's work shouldn't compensated by those who enjoy it. You can't have supply without demand. A company wouldn't exist if it doesn't have consumers that buy their services. Similarly, Spotify, Slacker, Pandora, etc. (streaming services that I pay for and enjoy, as well) wouldn't exist if people weren't listening. So, yes, PART of the blame DOES go on the consumer. You can't have one without the other. Ultimately, yes, the companies are the ones who profit most and hold most of the responsibility of rightfully compensating their artists, but everyone, including consumers, have to shoulder some of the responsibility, too. All in all, the music industry is needs a complete overhaul, and that's what they're trying to do.

Exactly, start consuming ethically. People don't mind where their clothes are made and the conditions people who make them work under as long as they are affordable then one day the factory collapses and you learn that children were making your slut shirt for a dollar per month. You feel sorry...for 5 minutes and then go buy another slut t shirt.

Guest Medoner

I mean i do get it. It cant get to the point when everyone just waits for albums to hit a free streamer. But they shouldve presented and introduced us to the whole thing so differently. Unless u dig a litlle deep, u think all these people are fucking terrible

God, I love you!!

Right On , For someone who had been buying physical cd's in support of artists i love since time immemorial I just feel like if the aim of Tidal is to help and encourage the artist to do his/her work and wouldn't feel shortchanged then Tidal's aims would have been worth the price they will be charging. And for crying out loud if one doesn't like the service then don't get it and stop moaning and complaining . Heck Get a torrent if you cant afford it. lol

People love to hate nowadays and the hate and envy the musicians that set Tidal because it reminds them they are not getting anywhere near as rich/famous/popular as them... They love a fallen star/trainwreck to remind them they are in a sense above that public figure... That's why we had Evita/ROL revival and Madonna doesn't come back big since Music. They want her to fail, but she is beyond that. Even when falling on the Brits she comes back winning in the end. In that sense she is the perfect target for people's hate. And obviously she aint the only one...

This is what Lily Allen tweeted:

"A REAL REVOLUTION YEAH...........GUYS............GUYS.............USHER?..........MADGE....... DAFT PUNKS ?? GUYS ???????? *WAVES AT YACHT* "

"sending traffic to torrent sites. up and coming (not yet millionaires) artists are going to suffer as a result."

"WE COULD JUST STRIKE TILL THE LABELS GIVE US OUR FAIR SHARE OF STREAMING REVENUE,NOT TAKE ADVANCES, NOT DELIVER MUSIC, FOR THE FUTURE ARTIST"

And Marina and the diamonds:

"My aim isn't to criticise. But I think artists should speak out about it. The question I'm left with is "is it about money or artistry?"

not everyone has £240 a year to spend on streaming music."

If Tidal was bought and owned by some indie artists, would people think differently? I think so. And that's fucked up.

"To make the rich even richer"

I fucking hate that statement. It's so stupid and totally misses the point of the whole idea.

The rich get richer because they focus their lives in taking opportunities, providing value, and innovation. Mean while, the poor gets poorer because all they do is whine.

She should take advantage of that 20$ cos no one is buyign her music.

iBgjc2C1_bigger.jpegMarina DiamandisVerified account ‏@MarinasDiamonds

My problem with Tidal is that its "game changers" don't represent a broad spectrum of the artist community. If it was truly about giving

Also, the hashtag #TidalforALL? As if everyone in the world will be getting Tidal for free on our new government music program. Lol

CBijF3LWEAABswy.png