Is anybody else obsessed with the remix of LAV from the Confessions Tour??

beachprance

So I stumbled across this "studio" version of Like A Virgin from The Confessions Tour on Soundcloud, and it reminded me how obsessed I am with this. The beat is so modern and fits the theme of the tour/album perfect.

Here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/feelmusicisbetter/like-a-virgin

Am I the only one who adores this version of LAV? Especially her riding the horse OMG

tumblr_lzxny6TMtV1roj4fio1_500.gif

Love this version, I've just rediscovered it, very handy at the gym.

I feel like they made a HUGE mistake not remixing all of the tracks on Celebration in a similar way as this remix! It's just AMAZING! Keeps true to the original spirit of the song, but updates the sound! :D

The break in the middle is just perfect. I know it sounds bad, but sometimes the old songs just sound bland. Especially in the case of Like a Virgin. You hear it so many times, and the lyrics are great and so is the melody, but it has a boring feel to it. Remixes like this one give it new life. I say the same for Justify My Love on the MDNA Tour.

Yes I have always thought she gave it that something extra with this version.. Usually she re-does this song as a slow ballad when on tour but for the first time she re did it with an amazing Price remix!

I love it, even though for me it's not the stand-out performance from the confessions tour (I am more obsessed with Paradise (Not For Me) and Erotica, I think they are among the best she's ever done).

That said I love how she made LAV fit in really well with the tone of the Confessions album, and it even sounded more mature somehow while still being upbeat and great to dance to. I still prefer the Blond Ambition version but I love love love this one too. She's unmatched when it comes to reinventing her own material

Guest Rocco Papa

The break in the middle is just perfect. I know it sounds bad, but sometimes the old songs just sound bland. Especially in the case of Like a Virgin. You hear it so many times, and the lyrics are great and so is the melody, but it has a boring feel to it. Remixes like this one give it new life. I say the same for Justify My Love on the MDNA Tour.

The break in the middle is my favorite part!! Madonna and Stuart Price were a match made in Heaven. They did some amazing things during the Confessions era. The Erotica remix for this tour was perfection as well!! I was blown away when I first heard it!!

I think this was a stand out from the Confessions Tour because after years and years of saying she would never ever perform it, she finally did...and her showing X rays of her bones after that nasty horse fall in 2005 as a backdrop for it,is just so Madonna

Yes, it's amazing!!!! Fantastic reinvention keeping the original vibe of the song... I was still constantly listening to it up until 2010 I think haha.

I even did this little edit that doesn't have the beginning of the "Jump" transition in the end. It just fades kinda nice actually. :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zqf317

Oh God, I remember watching videos from opening night online and being ecstatic over this remix. It gets me so pumped up at the gym too, especially when I'm running. Great performance in general, but I didn't like watching the poor horses falling. :(

I just love how the Confessions tour was so consistent in it's sound and didn't waver off into unnecessary territory unless it was warranted. For example, I HATE the new version of Open Your Heart that was performed on MDNA, but I love remixes like this. That version of OYH was so off and just terrible, even though she had good intentions, it wasn't my favorite. I know some of you like it though.

I wish I had gone to this tour, it seems as though it was the ultimate disco dance party. :Disco_Ball:

I just love how the Confessions tour was so consistent in it's sound and didn't waver off into unnecessary territory unless it was warranted.

that was the genius of having Stuart do most of the album (he remixed the B&A and Mirwais tracks as well didn't he?), and then be musical director: we got the strongest sonically cohesive era, which combined with amazing, simple styling, makes Confessions so powerful. In reality it wasn't all that, but the full, across the board, cultural assault of it all makes it so much more than the sum of its parts.

that was the genius of having Stuart do most of the album (he remixed the B&A and Mirwais tracks as well didn't he?), and then be musical director: we got the strongest sonically cohesive era, which combined with amazing, simple styling, makes Confessions so powerful. In reality it wasn't all that, but the full, across the board, cultural assault of it all makes it so much more than the sum of its parts.

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to get out, thank you. It's kinda like William Orbit and Ray of Light if you think about it. Her albums really shine when she picks one consistent producer for her projects. They're more solid overall. (Not saying her albums with multiple producers aren't great). Bedtime Stories was able to pull off having multiple producers flawlessly, and it looks like Rebel Heart is following in it's footsteps.