When did they stop producing madonna´s cassettes??

promise to try

cassettesingles.jpg

We're cassette singles really available back in 84 or are they repressings after cassette singles took off in the late eighties. I only ever remember seeing them in Australia from about 88 same with 3 inch cd singles.

This thread made me go hunting. I had a clear out and threw a lot of stuff away (I had to) but I found a tape in my little boys writing 'Madonna radio interview' I wonder what it is? I don't own a tape player. It looks like its been written by an 8 year old.

I have a few cassettes in an ever growing collection. Another Suitcase In Another Hall being one example which I found in a second hand record store for $5 <3 I also remember finding the Singapore pressing of True Blue album on cassette for the first time in a charity store for 50 cents.

These are mine :superman:

10723862_1497861623802978_489802827_n.jp

wow! you have hard candy!!!

I have music,ghv2, american life, and you can dance: I think I gave the other cassettes to my sister,but Im not sure.I started buying cds with erotica, so the 80s' cassettes are part of my memories.I want them back!I bet my sister lost them!

I chased them on Ebay for a few months, the hardest to get was, of course, Hard Candy which was sent from Indonesia (COADF is also from there). American Life is from Malaysia.

I started collecting cassettes in the early 2000s, that's the way I got to know Madonna in the first place cause CDs were still quite expensive here in Chile. After 15 years I can say I got all her albums in this lovely format. There are also the 80's releases made in Chile that don't appear on those MadonnaUnderground pics. They have all the titles songs translated into Spanish, I think this happened in Argentina too.

I've got a few British cassingles from the ROL and MUSIC eras.

Oh god, I love cassettes! Yes, they look incredibly cute! The last time I saw stores still selling cassettes was around 2002. I remember seeing the GHV2 cassette. I never bought a Madonna cassette, but I remember being obssesed, for some reason, with the alternate design of Ray of Light with the letters on top of her. Lovely!

They also remind me of when I started listening to Madonna back in 1997 and I would do my Madonna mix tapes with hand drawn artwork and stuff... Great times! :D

cassettesingles.jpg

WOW. This brings back A LOT of memories. Those BackTrax singles! I totally forgot about them. I think my earliest cassingle is Cherish, but I have every one that followed. The Hanky Panky maxi was the first Madonna anything I ever owned. Awww, cassingles :inlove:

did you really NEVER heard of Lies In Your Eyes?

a supposed track by M from Vision Quest that's been around forever. It's not M but it def has a Madonna feel to it:

did you really NEVER heard of Lies In Your Eyes?

a supposed track by M from Vision Quest that's been around forever. It's not M but it def has a Madonna feel to it:

Is it me or it doesn't sounds like Madonna at all?

It's a Shift 1's song.