25th Anniversary of VOGUE

Platinum Gold

What an amazing song. Truly one of her greatest. I always listen to the 12" version, it does it justice!

Oh, and Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is an awful album :)

*THE* definitive Madonna song and the greatest example of pop music as art form in modern times.

tumblr_max7vw5IKn1qhua0no1_500.gif

I remember Vogue coming out of the blue. At the end of the Chart Show they had the 'coming next week' clips and the Vogue video just appeared! It was just the rap part so I had no idea how the whole song sounded. It was completely unexpected so such a great surprise.

Just found this on a Russian site. Slam and Jose celebrate Vogue's anniversary!

Awesome!

Her most iconic song. L

Was it a last minute decision to put it on I'm Breathless? Or was it always known ever since the singles release that it would be on there?

Was it a last minute decision to put it on I'm Breathless? Or was it always known ever since the singles release that it would be on there?

I've heard it said a lot that it was like a last minute thing to add it to the end of IB... but then in the Howard Stern interview, she talks about the creation of Vogue, and made it sound like it actually was, at the very least, supposed to be a part of Dick Tracy. So perhaps it was intended for something more related to the film, but ultimately ended up on the "inspired by" soundtrack.

I think it's also been said that it almost ended up as just a b-side to something, and almost didn't even make it onto IB.

I've heard it said a lot that it was like a last minute thing to add it to the end of IB... but then in the Howard Stern interview, she talks about the creation of Vogue, and made it sound like it actually was, at the very least, inspired by the Dick Tracy project. So perhaps it was intended for something more related to the film, but ultimately ended up on the "inspired by" soundtrack.

I think it's also been said that it almost ended up as just a b-side to something, and almost didn't even make it onto IB.

It sounds really odd that she would record a new song for a b-side.... Unless she was already recording I'm Breathless and just threw together "Vogue" during that process and they later decided to make it a single.

Yeah, that's what we previously knew about it. It was recorded to be a b-side for keep it together, since oh father didn't perform so well, but was too good to be wasted as a just a b-side.

I don't think M was entirely lying on Howard, I have no doubt that Warren being a big Hollywood icon might have influenced her when writing the song, but it just doesn't add up to what we previously knew.

Every bitch in the game wishes they had one song that was a fraction of the impact/success/iconography of a song like "Vogue".

Heavens yes. Easily one of the most iconic, original and magnificent songs of all time. Vogue was more than just a song, it is an event and an anthem that has never been matched by anyone since.

Sticky And Sweet Tour 2009

This performance was the closest I ever came to being sexually aroused by her. :lol: Of course, I think she's beautiful and all that, but being very, very gay and all, women don't do much for me. This is borderline hot.

Vogue is just beyond a classic. It's a cultural phenomenon and sums up in 5 minutes the awe and glory that is Madonna.

"Vogue" is probably my all time favorite Madonna song - when I hear "Madonna", I think "Vogue".

Interesting. People often point to Vogue as the definitive Madonna song but it's hard to say if there really is just one, she has quite a few to choose from. In one of my classes at uni someone, during a presentation, described Madonna as "a pop singer most famous for her song 'Material Girl'" :chuckle:

Anyway, if a "definitive" song exists, I would say Vogue is definitely a top contender. It needs no explanation, it is simply a timeless classic that will be played and danced to for generations to come, probably for as long as there's music on earth.

Interesting. People often point to Vogue as the definitive Madonna song but it's hard to say if there really is just one, she has quite a few to choose from. In one of my classes at uni someone, during a presentation, described Madonna as "a pop singer most famous for her song 'Material Girl'" :chuckle:

Anyway, if a "definitive" song exists, I would say Vogue is definitely a top contender. It needs no explanation, it is simply a timeless classic that will be played and danced to for generations to come, probably for as long as there's music on earth.

I definitely think she has more than one song that could be considered the "definitive" Madonna song - She has so many iconic hits but there's just something about "Vogue"....