Bedtime stories

promise to try

Found this upside down one in a used CD section & someone tried to "fix" it.

I wouldn't have known about it if the Madonna & Bedtime Stories didn't look so funny.

I happily bought it!

madonnabedtimetrays_zpsef009225.png

First CD = First US pressing from October 1994

Second CD* = All US pressings from 1995-2009ish (when it went out of print)

It's the more common US sleeve for the album and a horrendous scan of it with a white border was used in the 2012 complete albums box.

* (ignore the tray, was illustrating something else with that scan. all trays should be either 'bedtime blue' or, after 2005, white.)

madonnabedtimetrays_zpsef009225.png

First CD = First US pressing from October 1994

Second CD* = All US pressings from 1995-2009ish (when it went out of print)

It's the more common US sleeve for the album and a horrendous scan of it with a white border was used in the 2012 complete albums box.

* (ignore the tray, was illustrating something else with that scan. all trays should be either 'bedtime blue' or, after 2005, white.)

so maybe if I try it in the US...or ebay, yes ebay, thank you

Definitely scour eBay. I believe this was ONLY a US release. Never have seen another country with the "upside down" cover (which is actually closer to the orientation of the original photo than the internationally common "right side up" sleeve.)

Happy hunting!

I've never seen the second pressing irl - does that mean every copy I've come across was printed in 1994? Gosh

If you're in Toronto, I believe your sleeve stayed "right side up".

IT ONLY CHANGED TO "UPSIDE DOWN" IN THE US!

do I need paypal for ebay? or can I pay with card?

Paypal is best for eBay. It's the most used payment method on eBay and it's very safe. I use it all the time. You don't want to give an eBay seller your card information!

ok, I´ll create an account: thank you!

No problem! You can add your credit card to your paypal account and that's how you send the money when shopping on eBay! You just sign in and approve the purchase! :)

I have the upside down cova. You can tell that's how the photo was meant to be taken. Flip it over, so Madonna's face is right side up, and it looks super awkward IMO.

I agree! You can tell there's gravy on her face and it makes her eyes extra watery or something.