The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

I feel like all price points have increased - I remember the upper levels being just $60 when they're now $110, and lower level seats that were $180ish for MDNA are now $380.

Yes I agree. Tickets for level 4 the upper tier for the London show are £120. That's just ridiculous. Those seats should be no more than £80. Tickets are definitely moving a lot slower the U.S.

I think it some of it has to do with all the late starts on MDNA and the setlist which a lot of casual fans disliked.

I would imagine they will add more date in NY, Vegas and LA.

:chuckle:

however i wasn't expecting a much different situations...as you said, no 4minutes, no superbowl (and tickets went on sale immediately after, not after 1 month). grammy is a total different thing and it's not the LFL downloads skyrocketed immediately after....however i'm optimistic and even if more slowly, they will sell...

this is the map i was talking about...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-brooklyn-new-york-09-19-2015/event/00004E569A891B86?artistid=768011&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=artist_msg-0_00004E569A891B86

barclay arena...look at sections 1-26....if i was living in NYC and checking the site, after seeing those prices i'd just :roadrunner:

wow, those prices are... :manson:

no wonder there're so many seats available. You can feed a whole family for half a year with one ticket :drama:

It's odd when I got my tickets today I had people going "well she would be worth it she is a legend" etc

I am now broke till payday :(

Tickets are definitely pricier this time around. They've put a lot more seats into VIP presale -- much of which remains unsold because of ungodly prices. The "cheap" seats got a big price bump and it seems like you can't get in for under $100 no matter how far away you are.

Crossing my fingers that some halfway decent tickets come on sale when they open up general admission / non-VIP sales next week in Boston, or else I'll be skipping this tour :(

Guest ziggy

wow, those prices are... :manson:

no wonder there're so many seats available. You can feed a whole family for half a year with one ticket :drama:

What the fuck – up to nearly 7000 dollars a seat – this is sheer insanity. I don't get this at all.

Edited by ziggy

Tickets are almost exactly the same price (sans resale) as they have been for the last three tours.

are you talking about US or europe...??? have you seen how they're priced?

i think, as someone else said, that, with the excuse of the long catwalk they put a lot of tickets at insane prices with too much vip packages...

What the fuck – up to nearly 7000 dollars a seat – this is sheer insanity. I don't get this at all.

All these really expensive seats are resale tickets from touts. US Ticketmaster is weird and shows resale tickets in with the normal tickets. Turn off 'resale' at the top and you'll see how well she's really selling how how much the tickets actually cost at face value.

excluding vip packages the top price is nearly the same BUT they've expanded price level 1 coverage for more of MSG this time which was already expanded on mdna! next tour the whole venue will be price level 1! :semifunny:

excluding vip packages the top price is nearly the same BUT they've expanded price level 1 coverage for more of MSG this time which was already expanded on mdna! next tour the whole venue will be price level 1! :semifunny:

This is exactly what i've been noticing. While price level one is pretty much the same, it has been expanded to more seats - and further back - thanks to the catwalk/runway and heart stage going back as far as it does. I think the entire floor is price level 1 if I'm not mistaken. There's less variety of seats at the "lower" prices. The set up is borderline "In the round".

All these really expensive seats are resale tickets from touts. US Ticketmaster is weird and shows resale tickets in with the normal tickets. Turn off 'resale' at the top and you'll see how well she's really selling how how much the tickets actually cost at face value.

oh yes, thanks...didn't have noticed....actually seems that those resellers have bought half the arena.... :voodoo::voodoo:

Guest ziggy

Ah I see. Thanks.

I'm quite certain that no additional date will be added in Herning (Denmark).

Tickets went on general sale last Monday and it's still possible to get 8 adjacent seats in all seated blocks.

The floor (GA standing) hasn't sold out either.

Guest ziggy

I'm quite certain that no additional date will be added in Herning (Denmark).

Tickets went on general sale last Monday and it's still possible to get 8 adjacent seats in all seated blocks.

The floor (GA standing) hasn't sold out either.

Yeah, and there are early entry tickets left as well. I don't know why she's doing her Denmark gig in a small town in the middle of nowhere instead of, say, Copenhagen. People are not going to line up for tickets to this one when there are so many more tempting spots to see her at, at close vicinity.

Edited by ziggy

I honestly think she has priced the tickets way too high for her own good. I just searched for New York (MSG) tickets - a ticket for the 100 levels (NOT on the floor) is 400 fucking Dollars!! I love Madge *have been a BIG fan since 1989* but I am not at all surprised that people wont pay 400 bucks for a seat that is NOT on the floor. No wonder I can still get 6 seats in a row in section 103, which is right in front of the stage even now.

I think its a bad decision on her part - she should price the tickets cheaper, fill more seats, do more shows - and get her music heard by even non hardcore fans (so that she remains relevant).

At these prices only superfans are likely to see her - and so she does not expand her fanbase much. She is shooting herself in the foot with some of these prices.

Again - before you guys tell me to fuck off or call me a troll - I have been a loyal Madge fan (and still am), but 'sometimes I gotta call it like it is'

Yeah, and there are early entry tickets left as well. I don't know why she's doing her Denmark gig in a small town in the middle of nowhere instead of, say, Copenhagen. People are not going to line up for tickets to this one when there are so many more tempting spots to see her at, at close vicinity.

The thing is that Jyske Bank Boxen is the only indoor arena in Denmark that is big enough for M's show.

The only other possible venue would be the Parken stadium. And the last time Madonna played there (MDNA Tour), she sold only 29K ticket (60% of the tickets available). So I can see why they wanted to avoid Parken this time around.

Guest ziggy

The thing is that Jyske Bank Boxen is the only indoor arena in Denmark that is big enough for M's show.

The only other possible venue would be the Parken stadium. And the last time Madonna played there (MDNA Tour), she sold only 29K ticket (60% of the tickets available). So I can see why they wanted to avoid Parken this time around.

Oh allrighty then. I believe she also took the Confessions Tour to Horsens.

It's weird she has such a hard time selling tickets in Denmark. Her album is topping your iTunes chart for the umpteenth consecutive day.

Guest Rachelle of London

I honestly think she has priced the tickets way too high for her own good. I just searched for New York (MSG) tickets - a ticket for the 100 levels (NOT on the floor) is 400 fucking Dollars!! I love Madge *have been a BIG fan since 1989* but I am not at all surprised that people wont pay 400 bucks for a seat that is NOT on the floor. No wonder I can still get 6 seats in a row in section 103, which is right in front of the stage even now.

I think its a bad decision on her part - she should price the tickets cheaper, fill more seats, do more shows - and get her music heard by even non hardcore fans (so that she remains relevant).

At these prices only superfans are likely to see her - and so she does not expand her fanbase much. She is shooting herself in the foot with some of these prices.

Again - before you guys tell me to fuck off or call me a troll - I have been a loyal Madge fan (and still am), but 'sometimes I gotta call it like it is'

Isn't it bad that fans have to make disclaimers on their posts these days. Sigh

And I agree with you. I'm glad it seems they are lowering some of the prices on ticketmaster. It's actually a joke what they think non fans will pay.

Oh allrighty then. I believe she also took the Confessions Tour to Horsens.

It's weird she has such a hard time selling tickets in Denmark. Her album is topping your iTunes chart for the umpteenth consecutive day.

Yeh, but Horsens show was at an outdoor venue (i.e. a muddy field in the middle of nowhere), which probably wouldn't be suitable for a November show.

Besides, the fact that Madonna's previous Danish shows have all received negative to mixed reviews from the Danish press doesn't help either.

I think if a lot of us complain directly to Guy and Live nation about these high prices, they gonna have half empty arenas if they don't lower them. So let's bombard them!

totally agree!!

MSG has always had those prices since Confessions for level 100 (lower bowl) though. MDNA was an exception. Have you ever been there before? New Yorkers can afford it and will pay for it. They just don't always/often buy tickets so far in advance.

As for whether it's a bad decision on her part, for her it isn't. She wants to do as few shows as possible. It's physically draining to do more, and there isn't enough time on the calendar for all of the geographic locations as it is. She wants to save energy and time so she can go to places like Australia that haven't seen her in decades. It's time to reward the fans (Australian ones), not the non hardcore fans. Most of the general public stopped being able to afford her shows years ago anyway.

Ticketmaster has now lowered some of the prices for the Barclays show. Haha seems I should have waited to buy tickets, but you never know how things are going to shake out

Level 100 for Barclays is mid-bowl, so those prices did need to be lowered. I doubt people are aware that those got lowered, but they should sell better now.

oh god Edmonton added second show, but announced it too soon, presale is today! ffs.

the first one sold out in seconds and so will this one, so there goes my second chance in life! lol.god. :(