Rebel Heart is a masterpiece. It's as if Confessions and Hard Candy fucked and gave us their child. So good. Lyrically amazing, the production is top notch and it's so FUN despite also having many deep/personal songs. And I'm not trying to compare RH to any of her past albums because the album really does stand on its own.

What more could we ask for? It's AMAZING. And don't get me started on the album cover

:dramatic:

I nearly fainted when I first seen it....like did she REALLY just blow the MDNA cover out of the water like that so easily? Only Madonna!

:smooch:

I wanted to share my love for this album once again. So brilliant even with its beautiful scars it is so good. Released versions, demos, unreleased tracks, leaked whatever, i even like some remixes now that i finally had the time to really listen to them. A lot of them are trash but there are very good ones (most of the Tidal exclusives).

could you name them?

The Tour is having an effect and people seem to be discovering this album.

As of Wednesday morning, it is up to #24 on Canadian Itunes.

Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

After seven months of playing this album non stop, I've been obsessively going through her back catalog this past week.

I think the reason Rebel Heart resonates with so many of us is that it's full of the classic, effortless melodies and hooks that define her greatest work. Living For Love, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Iconic, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me. This is prime Madonna.

After seven months of playing this album non stop, I've been obsessively going through her back catalog this past week.

I think the reason Rebel Heart resonates with so many of us is that it's full of the classic, effortless melodies and hooks that define her greatest work. Living For Love, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Iconic, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me. This is prime Madonna.

Definitely some of the songs could fit right in on some of her 80s albums, esp True Blue and LAP. Esp some of the demo versions. They have the classic melodies, but still also have that little tweak that keeps them current. I would add Rebel Heart (song), DP, UB, Body Shop, VVV and HBC to your list (and probably remove Iconic)

Definitely some of the songs could fit right in on some of her 80s albums, esp True Blue and LAP. Esp some of the demo versions. They have the classic melodies, but still also have that little tweak that keeps them current. I would add Rebel Heart (song), DP, UB, Body Shop, VVV and HBC to your list (and probably remove Iconic)

I agree with you 100 percent! I would have listed basically the whole album but thought I might lose credibility :laugh:

I really love most of the songs on Rebel Heart but it's too long for a classic album.

I usually skip past my least favourites these days... ( illuminati, bitch I'm madonna, sex, holy water)

Body Shop is IMO the best Madonna song in a very long time, also adore devil pray, unapologetic bitch, messiah, wash all over me & inside out.

Not a big fan of kanyes production, think she should have gone with someone else...

I really love most of the songs on Rebel Heart but it's too long for a classic album.

I usually skip past my least favourites these days... ( illuminati, bitch I'm madonna, sex, holy water)

Body Shop is IMO the best Madonna song in a very long time, also adore devil pray, unapologetic bitch, messiah, wash all over me & inside out.

Not a big fan of kanyes production, think she should have gone with someone else...

really? those are amazing songs and best on the album.

More and more lately I wish this had of been 2 separate albums...

A Rebel album and a Heart album.

I just don't think the songs gel well together, and I end up disliking the Rebel songs because of it.

If all the Rebel/Sex songs were on one album I think I'd enjoy them more.

For me the Heart songs are superior in every way and make the Rebel ones sound tacky in between them...

More and more lately I wish this had of been 2 separate albums...

A Rebel album and a Heart album.

I just don't think the songs gel well together, and I end up disliking the Rebel songs because of it.

If all the Rebel/Sex songs were on one album I think I'd enjoy them more.

For me the Heart songs are superior in every way and make the Rebel ones sound tacky in between them...

Let's be real you wouldn't even listen to the Rebel record more than 3 times :rotfl:

I love how the rebel/heart songs intertwine on this record. I had the same concern at first because I hated the flow of the first 4 tracks but overall RH makes me realize how amazing an eclectic album can be. The contrast between her rebel/heart sides creates a very dynamic listening experience while the production tights every together with a very somber/industrial/post-apocalyptic vibe. The transitions of Joan Of Arc-Iconic-HBC-Body Shop really highlight her complex character. She's a conqueror yet she's still vulnerable, she's heartbroken but she yearns to get healed, she's an icon but she's also a normal human being.

This record is everything Madonna is: there is Erotica Madonna, Confessions Madonna, Ray of Light Madonna, True Blue Madonna.

It encompasses all that she is, her work, her ideas, her themes.

It's not disjointed, it's varied and I have never enjoyed a Madonna album as much.

Edited by Stereo

This record is everything Madonna is: there is Erotica Madonna, Confessions Madonna, Ray of Light Madonna, Erotica Madonna, True Blue Madonna.

It's not disjointed, it's varied and I have never enjoyed a Madonna as much.

I agree with this.

This record is everything Madonna is: there is Erotica Madonna, Confessions Madonna, Ray of Light Madonna, True Blue Madonna.

It's not disjointed, it's varied and I have never enjoyed a Madonna album as much.

Which is why it's her best album ever and I wonder if she'll ever be able to top it?

I listen to the album every day!

When I went to see her concert last week, a friend of mine has been with me. She never was a Madonna-Fan.

After the concert, she was really enthusiastic. Yesterday my friend called me to say, that she bought rebel heart and fell in love with Madonna! :-) She really enjoys Madonnas new songs.

I love rebel heart!

When I went to see her concert last week, a friend of mine has been with me. She never was a Madonna-Fan.

After the concert, she was really enthusiastic. Yesterday my friend called me to say, that she bought rebel heart and fell in love with Madonna! :-) She really enjoys Madonnas new songs.

I love rebel heart!

That is great. It should happen more often. This album is so great. Sonething for everybody.

I played RH non stop from March through October. Finally gave it a break for a few weeks, amd when I came back to it, I was bowled over once again by the effortless melodies and true genius of the album as a whole.

I love rebel heart!

Same happened with my sister. I took her to cologne concert. After the show the first thing she DEMANDED was, where the merchadnise store was, because she saw someone with t.shirts.

I will not forget how she reacted at the store, literally she wanted everything :laugh:

One day later, she got RH album, which she likes very much and also all 3 greatist hits albums. But that wasnt enough, she also lend all albums from M . She just became a loon :dead: