Montreal 9/9 Bell Center: OPENING NIGHT - fan reviews only

graffitiheart

I thought the cape thing was genius. She's like um yeah I'm still doing this performance tbh

I love it! She was like "yeah, I fell on stage because of the cape... Now bring me a longer one!"

LOVE HER!

I'm actually surprised that Chaz Buzan didn't join this tour. I love him and he was there for all the Rebel Heart promos !

What's that nonsense about slowing down??? From what I ve seen the choreo is spot on.I love her dancing in BS DAD CS LIB LAV HOLIDAY. The whole show seems to be very thetrical but not in a sterile way. I am loving the moments were she just sings and interacts with the people

Anyone that calls the show scaled back seriously needs to be quiet. Even the press are calling the show a spectacle. Seriously

I don't understand the issue with the screen size...the MDNA screens were slightly thinner and taller, while the RHT screens seem to be slightly shorter in height, but slightly wider.

Considering those screens cost a fortune...I don't think cost was necessarily an issue (as these are huge). It was probably just a matter of aesthetics and design for this particular show. And considering that most of the dates are in arenas only, they designed for such.

Let alone there is a massive screen built into the floor (where basically the cubes were last time), that raises to various levels and also has another platform to perform on.

MDNA was grand and tall...while RHT tour feels wider and extends farther out into the audience (design-wise).

If anything, I say we should be glad that the lighting is at least strong (we know how Jaime King is... :newspaper: ).

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't understand the issue with the screen size...the MDNA screens were slightly thinner and taller, while the RHT screens seem to be slightly shorter in height, but slightly wider.

Considering those screens cost a fortune...I don't think cost was necessarily an issue (as these are huge). It was probably just a matter of aesthetics and design for this particular show. And considering that most of the dates are in arenas only, they designed for such.

Let alone there is a massive screen built into the floor (where basically the cubes were last time), that raises to various levels and also has another platform to perform on.

MDNA was grand and tall...while RHT tour feels wider and extends farther out into the audience (design-wise).

If anything, I say we should be glad that the lighting is at least strong (we know how Jaime King is... :newspaper: ).

This x10,000,000

The screens look good. They're just wider to me. I'm no expert but they're brill.

Who's slowing down? Is she moving like a 57 yr old amongst dancers less than half her age?

https://instagram.com/p/7cJVthwTaJ/

Exactly. She dances quite a bit in the show...it's just more free form. But there are great numbers like this that show she still gettin' down when she wants.

And for the record, Candy Shop is a real highlight. It's actually that great intro+Music+Candy Shop that flow as one whole performance. And it really works if you see the right videos.

And that arrangement of Candy Shop is FUNKY AS HELL!!!! YES!!!! (I want that Studio Demo now!!!!) I think it's the best rendition of the song so far.

I mean, she get's down in this number. Chelle, you're gonna LIVE for this!!!

No, I have EYES and there's this little thing called perspective, and my brother-in-law works in the industry, and I'm interested in such things. Were you there? And again, for you people that think Madge has to have the biggest and best everything....this is an arena tour on an arena budget. Unlike MDNA, it's not gonna be plonked into a field or a stadium. It shows, and it's PERFECTLY FINE. Carry on.

Exactly, those MDNA LED lifts and the inflatable roof were brand new very complex technology, that alone probably costed almost as much as the new stage, and the new screens look a little bit bigger in height to the S&S ones, they're obviously not as big the MDNA ones, they still look amazing though but it's pretty easy to see

Exactly, those MDNA LED lifts and the inflatable roof were brand new very complex technology, that alone probably costed almost as much as the new stage, and the new screens look a little bit bigger in height to the S&S ones, they're obviously not as big the MDNA ones, they still look amazing though but it's pretty easy to see

Don't forget...while MDNA had the "matrix" as the designers called it (the video cubes) built into the stage...RHT has nearly the same size area (if not larger) act as a full video screen built into stage floor where the cubes were last time...which rotates up and down to be a screen and stage platform, with another small platform built on top of it (where they do numbers like Material Girl).

So, this stage is quite similar in it's complexity... it's just brought down in height, but feels wider, with the action extended much farther out into the audience.

Don't forget...while MDNA had the "matrix" as the designers called it (the video cubes) built into the stage...RHT has nearly the same size area (if not larger) act as a full video screen built into stage floor where the cubes were last time...which rotates up and down to be a screen and stage platform, with another small platform built on top of it (where they do numbers like Material Girl).

So, this stage is quite similar in it's complexity... it's just brought down in height, but feels wider, with the action extended much farther out into the audience.

I agree. It's an incredible stage, less grandiose and more intimate but I actually think the wider screen is good for those on the side...they can see the screens better

I agree. It's an incredible stage, less grandiose and more intimate but I actually think the wider screen is good for those on the side...they can see the screens better

Yeah, I noticed you can see the screens better. The MDNA ones were more angled on the sides..while these face forward more.

watching this video. SO beautiful but what is Niki doing there? playing with the fans :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

love her

WTG is performance of LIFE. Her vocals are fantastic and she seems really happy singing along with the fans. Love her

am i the only one who almost suffer a heart attack on LFL "cape moment" ???

the ovation after she removes it made me cry

I was having an anxiety attack during the cape moment but I think some one was on stage with her untying it not sure could've just been my eyes