Montreal 9/9 Bell Center: OPENING NIGHT - fan reviews only

graffitiheart

Well sorry to rain on everyone's (negativity & moaning parade) but based on these clips alone I already declare this tour better than Reinvention, Sticky, Who's That Girl, Virgin and possibly Confessions.

So yeah. I said that.

I just cant wait to see her next week. All the clips are amazing, and i love the heart and joy that is exuding through! less than a week!!!!!

What about MDNA, my precious? :bad:

MDNA is my 3rd favourite Madonna tour (BAT, TGS, MDNA and then DWT)! :nocomment:

Let's put it this way, I love it all. I love her when she's experimental and artsy and 'aggressive' and un-friendly to her back catalogue (MDNA, DWT) and I love her when she's all bubbly and lovely and plays all the hits (RIT, Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016) and I love everything in between.

I'm not here to fight. Not yet anyway. :queenbitch:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Oh my lord. Were you there? Did you have a measuring stick? If not, then drop it. The stage is massive - probably the most square footage of any of her stages and definitely the most "effective front row seats".

"an LED screen backdrop measuring 29.5 by 63 feet (HxW). Then this massive screen starts to open, and you move from impressed to amazed. The enormous wall is actually eight individual LED video columns, each measuring 29.5 by 7.87 feet (HxW). Each of these columns can rotate independently and reposition, creating louvered effects and a variety of different openings."

http://www.plsn.com/current-issue/41-production-profile/10037-design-gone-wild-madonnas-mdna-tour.html

I'd be surprised if the RH tour screens match that.

3rd? :bad: I never got to see TGS in person, so BA No.1 OBVS, MDNA remains No.2 for me...then RIT :nocomment: :nocomment: :nocomment:

:rotfl:

Well we all like to make fun of RIT but I think RH is clearly its sister tour in the same way that MDNA was DWT's sister tour. So yeah Tony the dresser got it spectacularly wrong.

I love how some butthurt queens are moaning about "Holiday" not being a "big" finale or whatever.. I mean for fuck's sake, for DWT's opening she basically stood there singing heart little heart out. That was it. This was her big return to the touring world stage after an 8 year break.

Also, aside from the theatricality of "Keep it Together" for BAT, her finales are always a big massive party type thing where she & the dancers let loose and have a bit of fun (and no "Hung Up" from Perfections doesn't count because she had already performed it in that setting about a million times before the tour anyway.)

#getschooled

Hani, let's face it, Perfections, Rebel Heart World Tour 2015-2016 and RIT are the Holy Trinity of Public Friendly Godonna tours. #truthtea

I feel like these tours were obviously at happy points in Madonna's life, and as a fan, I'm happy for her that she seems to be in a more carefree and positive place in her life now. It's also the first time since RIT that she seems to be openly appreciative of her fans (the fan art, etc.) and how their support has kept her going. Even if the album flopped, which was likely a wake-up call to her, I feel like this is her thank you to us. Many of these songs I was too young to remember live, and I never dreamed that I would ever get to hear them live. I'm going to be a mess in front of the heart stage next week. :inlove:

I cried literally all day whenever I think about "Rose". I have a special fondness for bitchy/moody Madonna , but she was so sweet last night, I just cant!! I hope I make it to Chicago, or im going to be so sad about it. :-(

This is your first warning. Keep things respectful when you attempt to discuss something with someone. Madonatribe is THATAWAY if you can't handle being civilized.

While it's true that the MDNA stage looked pathetic from a distance and was unsuitable in most of the outdoor venues. (thanks for admitting that) The SCREEN SIZE almost definitely took into account the fact that outside North America, outdoor shows were the order of the day. The budget for the staging for this tour would also have taken into account the sluggish ticket sales, and seeing as every cm costs $$$, it's no surprise that they are SLIGHTLY smaller, but that's a different discussion. Now off you go and bitch about Madonna's hair again...because that's so much more...interesting.

Wait. You tell me to be respectful then you turn around and talk like that? And slam another madonna fansite in the midst. Ironic. And you continued to prove my point with your rambling about all you know about stage productions. Thanks for helping me make my point. And yeah, Madonna's appearance is, like, important. Much more important than the supposed size of the screens that you just want to argue and argue about. LOL.

Well sorry to rain on everyone's (negativity & moaning parade) but based on these clips alone I already declare this tour better than Reinvention, Sticky, Who's That Girl, Virgin and possibly Confessions.

So yeah. I said that.

Agreed. It's pretty slick from the clips I've seen. Her voice sounds great, too. It'll be interesting to see the statistics behind the production.

Guest Rachelle of London

Anyone that calls the show scaled back seriously needs to be quiet. Even the press are calling the show a spectacle. Seriously

am i the only one who almost suffer a heart attack on LFL "cape moment" ???

the ovation after she removes it made me cry

Yeah it was cool! Maybe she is playing to that, you know, pretty much everyone knows The inccident so why not capitalize :)

Yeah it was cool! Maybe she is playing to that, you know, pretty much everyone knows The inccident so why not capitalize :)

totally agree!

for me it was an epic moment.

i'd prefer the album or grammy/brit versions although