Glasgow - The Hydro - 20th Dec - last show before Xmas

Kim

Obviously the Scots prefer to walk the walk than talk the talk, but we need a thread for what will obviously be the best UK gig of the tour :scotland: Being the last show of the leg (or maybe even the whole tour depending on how Madge feels :bad: ) she's sure to put that little bit extra into this performance just before the holidays. Hopefully she learned a lesson from the grueling MDNA trek. Anyway, after an inexplicable absence, Madge finally plays one of the UK's biggest, most influential music cities.

The SSE Hydro Arena opened in 2013, and within 15 months was ranked by Pollstar as the second-busiest live entertainment arena in the world. Custom-built for concerts, and with a fairly intimate 12,000 capacity when in all-seated (Boo!!) configuration ($$$!!), the coliseum-like seating structure promises a decent view from just about every seat in the house. Note that the round floor is wider and shorter than most traditional arenas, which will bring Madonna closer than ever to most of those in the tiered seating, especially when utilising the catwalk. Note also that the top tier of seating is VERY steep for those with height/vertigo issues (and those taking their old granny along!)

23k3m82.jpg

9bci1y.jpg

2mwv1co.jpg

2qmzoy0.gif

See you there, bitches! :wow:

I really wanna go to this show.

Go Go Go! I'm panicking already about getting good seats :dramatic: I think just about anywhere on the compact floor will give a decent view unless you're at the very outer sides.

Dying right now because the venue looks like LIFE itself.

I am seriously considering it Kimmie babe, but seeing as I'm already doing Antwerp, Londonx1 and Brum, Glasgeee as well may be problematic for in terms of booking time off work (SICK PEOPLE GET SICKER BEFORE CHRISTMAS) and my bank account :(

Yeeeeesssssss I'll be there!! Travelling up from Manchester.

Yaaaas!

Antwerp, Londonx1 and Brum, Glasgeee as well may be problematic for in terms of booking time off work (SICK PEOPLE GET SICKER BEFORE CHRISTMAS) and my bank account :(

No comment :nocomment: Even the Belgians in here don't wanna go to that Antwerp show :bad: We all know what London crowds are like (and they just get worse each time it seems) Brum might be ok because it's a small venue, but it took an age to sell-out last time and was full of old grumpy couples (so I read on here). No offence to any of the lovely people from those cities :angel: Anyway, who actually WORKS Christmas week? Santa hat and Quality Street time surely? (ok, maybe not for dentists)

Now this is a Sunday night, and I really do think it will sell well and quickly, so was hoping they'd add Saturday 19th which would be ideal BUT those clowns TEXAS are playing the 18th so I guess there's not enough time to get their set-up out and Madge's in, so maybe they'll add the 21st but I doubt it....

No comment :nocomment: even the Belgians in here don't wanna go to that Antwerp show :bad: We all know what London crowds are like (and they just get worse each time it seems) Brum might be ok because it's a small venue, but it took an age to sell-out last time and was full of old grumpy couples (so I read on here). No offence to any of the lovely people from those cities :angel: Anyway, who actually WORKS Christmas week? Santa hat and Quality Street time surely? (ok, maybe not for dentists)

Now this is a Sunday night, and I really do think it will sell well and quickly, so was hoping they'd add Saturday 19th which would be ideal BUT those clowns TEXAS are playing the 18th so I guess there's not enough time to get their set-up out and Madge's in, so maybe they'll add the 21st but I doubt it....

Darling in a perverse sense that's why I picked Antwerp: since most people won't go I'll be able to get close to the Queen! London isn't booked yet but since she'll be doing three shows (yes it's not been confirmed yet but everyone knows she will) it would be a bit silly not to go to one of those shows as it is so close. Brum would be fun as it's small and I would like to meet Chelle and all the other new friends I've made in the BOYCOTT RADIO 1 FACEBOOK GROUP ( :shy: ). As for work, babe I'm no longer doing 'bread and butter' dentistry - but we can discuss that by PM because I've had a few stalking incidents on this forum!

They need to get rid of those TEXAS jokers but I guess they only have Glasgeee now that Spain and the rest of the UK wouldn't piss on the lovely Sharleen even if she was on fire! :(

Darling in a perverse sense that's why I picked Antwerp: since most people won't go I'll be able to get close to the Queen! London isn't booked yet but since she'll be doing three shows (yes it's not been confirmed yet but everyone knows she will) it would be a bit silly not to go to one of those shows as it is so close. Brum would be fun as it's small and I would like to meet Chelle and all the other new friends I've made in the BOYCOTT RADIO 1 FACEBOOK GROUP ( :shy: ). As for work, babe I'm no longer doing 'bread and butter' dentistry - but we can discuss that by PM because I've had a few stalking incidents on this forum!

They need to get rid of those TEXAS jokers but I guess they only have Glasgeee now that Spain and the rest of the UK wouldn't piss on the lovely Sharleen even if she was on fire! :(

Oh I know, I'm just being a little mischief-maker about those places. If they were my nearest shows then obviously I'd go. I mean I traveled to London countless times to see Her Madge.

Oh dear, 'stalking' would appear to be the IN-THING lately!!

Oh and it's Glasgay darling, Glasgay with a 'z' (or Glesga if you're a bit rough like loomer!) Just WHERE is he anyway?

Oh and it's Glasgay darling, Glasgay with a 'z' (or Glesga if you're a bit rough like loomer!) Just WHERE is he anyway?

:shock::hurt:

I'm here! I was waiting for this thread to show up.. I'm so glad she's finally playing here and it's great it's so close to Xmas.. should be pretty special. :dramatic::wow:

Hi looms! I knew that would work :bad:

Oh and yeah, those TEXAS c*nts are playing a little concert-hall midyear that I doubt has even sold out yet, so why they've booked an arena is anyone's guess. It'll be one of those reduced capacity black curtain gigs if anything, and if THAT'S preventing a second Madge gig, then....

I just bought the icon live pass for this show but when my confirmation email came through it gave me the code but said the code for VIP packages was for Montreal and Philadelphia even though I'd clicked on the glasgow show to buy the pass. Does this mean I won't b able to buy VIP seats for glasgow? Can anyone help me please - feel the panic starting to rise!

I just bought the icon live pass for this show but when my confirmation email came through it gave me the code but said the code for VIP packages was for Montreal and Philadelphia even though I'd clicked on the glasgow show to buy the pass. Does this mean I won't b able to buy VIP seats for glasgow? Can anyone help me please - feel the panic starting to rise!

Your live pass for next week can be used for any of the cities that are listed for that week, it's not just for one city. I'm guessing instead of listing the 15 or so cities for week#2 in the email, they just put those two for whatever reason. If you're really worried, you should have access to the tour forums on Icon now, and maybe others there can put your mind at ease...

Guest bluejean

Do we think she'll do a medley of Christmas songs?

Santa Baby

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Joy To The World

Silent Night

Do we think she'll do a medley of Christmas songs?

Santa Baby

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Joy To The World

Silent Night

WHY would she sing those when she could sing..

Sleigh of Light

Like a Virgin Mary

Hung Up the decorations

Little Donkey

Oh Father Christmas

Angel

etc...

:santa:

Thanks for your reply Kim. I did kinda think that might be the case but then my mind went into overdrive! It's just the way it's worded - 'VIP package code ................for Montreal and Philadelphia events' - that's making me a bit concerned. I've posted over at the icon boards to see if anyone over there can shed any more light on this. Thanks again for your reply - stressful times 😜

Edited by wolfie24

Anyone here buy the Live Pass for Glasgow? I've noticed Ticketmaster don't have Tuesdays presale listed for Glasgow on their website but they do for the other 3 UK shows. Hope that's not a bad omen - I don't want problems trying to get tickets, my nerves are being tested as it is! :huh:

and how much do the 001-012 section cost?

My guess is £190 for 004 to 009 and £120 for 001-003 and 010-012, however, being rip-off merchants, LN will probably have reserved all the really good seats for those ridiculous packages they're selling.

I don't know what's going on in front of the heart stage here. That is a weird and long looking mixing desk if that's what it's meant to be.

This is where I am going, Im currently sitting in work sick to my stomach about the prospect of getting tickets. Why is it so stressful

I have no idea what ones to go for, it looks like the packages are the only way to get a decent seat. Rude