Is Rebel Heart Your Top 5 M Album?

but when is it not too soon though? My ranking always changes (except the top 3 spot) so it doesn't matter when we're doing it. It's not like most of us just heard the record.

Well I'm saying this for the people who have listened the album since yesterday. Just my 2 cents.

Well I'm saying this for the people who have listened the album since yesterday. Just my 2 cents.

Some/Most of us been listening to the album for more than a month now though. So I say, rank 'em!!!!

My Top 5 is:

1 - Like A Prayer

2 - Madonna

3 - Confessions on a Dancefloor

4 - Rebel Heart

5 - American Life

So yes - just in my top 5 :)

I guess many frickle gays adjusted their ranking because the first single flopped

So predictable..

After listening to the tracks for 3 month it adjusted independently. Another main reason is imo that the final album mixes of some tracks are no longer potential hit singles (RH & WAOM).

Edited by BetteDavisDub

Been listening to the album for a month. The songs I loved I still love. The song that were stinkers are still stinkers. Was hoping some would grow on me. The 3 in red are interchangeable because I like and dislike them for different reasons.

Like A Prayer
Ray of Light
Confessions
True Blue
Erotica
Bedtime Stories
Madonna
Rebel Heart
American Life
MDNA
Music
Like A Virgin
Hard Candy

1. Like A Prayer

2. Ray of Light

3. Confessions on a Dance Floor

4. Erotica

5. Madonna

6. American Life

7. True Blue

8. Music

9. Rebel Heart

10. Like A Virgin

11. Hard Candy

12. Bedtime Stories

13. MDNA

She hasn't ever put out a bad album tho, so ranking them is almost painful.

1. ROL (cohesive, solid lyrics, innovative for its time, a journey from beginning to end, wouldn't change a thing about it)

2. COADF (cohesive, solid lyrics for the most part, a journey from beginning to end, wouldn't change a thing about it)

3. Madonna (cohesive, consistent, aged extremely well, full of classics, wouldn't change a thing about it)

4. LAP (not as cohesive as the three above but with gems all over, solid lyrics, great range, near perfection)

5. TB (more than half of it are 5 of the greatest pop songs of all time, how many other albums can claim that?)

6. BS (introspective and uneven but somewhat cohesive, it is a grower)

7. Rebel Heart*

8. Erotica (could have used some editing, some of it hasn't aged as well but solid overall)

*Based on the Super Deluxe Version and its current sequence/tracklist, I would say that it could use some editing like Erotica and that it is uneven but somewhat cohesive like Bedtime Stories. I think it is a grower and it may go up after the dust has settled. But, as with Erotica, if I were to rearrange it and cut some tracks, it would be much higher in my ranking. My own version of RH would be #2 in my ranking right now. But I'm glad I get to enjoy all of these songs even if they don't quite flow in my opinion.

Hmmm. I think so, yes. At least it is one of her albums I would definitely throw on and listen to all the way through. (Not counting hits collections)

Others are: Music, Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories. The others I would pick and choose.

My own version of RH would be #2 in my ranking right now. But I'm glad I get to enjoy all of these songs even if they don't quite flow in my opinion.

Feeling the same way right now...if RH would have been cut into 11 or 12 solid tracks, it would have easily been (for me) in the same level as LAP or ROL

Feeling the same way right now...if RH would have been cut into 11 or 12 solid tracks, it would have easily been (for me) in the same level as LAP or ROL

Phil-Dunphy.gif

1.Erotica

1.Ray Of light

3.COADF

4.Music

5.Like A Prayer

6.Rebel Heart

7.Bedtime Stories

8. Madonna

9.American Life

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Like A Virgin

13. Hard Candy

1. ROL (cohesive, solid lyrics, innovative for its time, a journey from beginning to end, wouldn't change a thing about it)

2. COADF (cohesive, solid lyrics for the most part, a journey from beginning to end, wouldn't change a thing about it)

3. Madonna (cohesive, consistent, aged extremely well, full of classics, wouldn't change a thing about it)

4. LAP (not as cohesive as the three above but with gems all over, solid lyrics, great range, near perfection)

5. TB (more than half of it are 5 of the greatest pop songs of all time, how many other albums can claim that?)

6. BS (introspective and uneven but somewhat cohesive, it is a grower)

7. Rebel Heart*

8. Erotica (could have used some editing, some of it hasn't aged as well but solid overall)

*Based on the Super Deluxe Version and its current sequence/tracklist, I would say that it could use some editing like Erotica and that it is uneven but somewhat cohesive like Bedtime Stories. I think it is a grower and it may go up after the dust has settled. But, as with Erotica, if I were to rearrange it and cut some tracks, it would be much higher in my ranking. My own version of RH would be #2 in my ranking right now. But I'm glad I get to enjoy all of these songs even if they don't quite flow in my opinion.

Another cohesive freak like me ! :popcorn2:

Why would you consider the SD version for ranking purpose while saying it needs editing?

tumblr_miuwukSCUN1rf3jmmo6_250.gif

To me RH is a 14-track album of eclectic styles with a cohesive production undertone so I think it kinda works?

Oh yes, definitely! So far it has not entered the "untouchable three but it might actually replace COADF after a while. I love every single track on the album and that has never been the case with any Madonna album. I can't get into Messiah, but being a 19-track album this is quite impressive.

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Rebel Heart

American Life

Music

True Blue

Madonna

Bedtime Stories

Hard Candy

Erotica

MDNA

Like a Virgin

I wonder what everyone's ranking would be had the demos not leaked 3 months before the album's release.

Waaaaaaay too early for this!!! I refrain from making such lists already because I know I can't judge objectively yet!!!

BUT I definitely feel that this one is something very, very special. I haven't been that blown away from a M album on the first listen since Confessions. And it just invites me to listen to it again and again because I feel like there's still so many things to discover.

So yeah, Top 5 is likely this time around!

Now excuse me while I go back listening to it again :dramatic:

1 True Blue

2 Erotica

3 Like A Prayer

4 Ray Of Light

5 Confessions Of A Dancefloor

6 Like A Virgin

7 Rebel Heart

8 Bedtime Stories

9 Music

10 American Life

11 MDNA

12 Madonna

13 Hard Candy

I only know (for sure) THREE things on this first day:

- it's light years ahead of Hard Candy and MDNA. THIS here is Madonna I adore!!!

- definitely top5

- American Life and Music are still untouchable.

I love the honesty in here.

Hmmm, hard to say right now but Rebel Heart has definitely knocked albums like MDNA, Hard Candy, Bedtime Stories, LAV and AL down a notch on my list.

It might very well be in my top five or six, it is so freaking good!

Hmmm, hard to say right now but Rebel Heart has definitely knocked albums like MDNA, Hard Candy, Bedtime Stories, LAV and AL down a notch on my list.

It might very well be in my top five or six, it is so freaking good!

In my opinion RH is the best album since ROL and outdated COADF because it has continuous strong tracks. COAD has the best huge hit but much more filler tracks. they subtract its quality a little. COADF also isn't as much diversified. It has great singles but the instrumentation and style is a little bit boring if you listen to it for a longer time.

Rebel Heart

Ray Of Light

Confessions On A DanceFloor

MDNA (A few dumb songs, but dark and some of her best work)

Music

True Blue

Madonna

Erotica

Like A Prayer

Like A Virgin

Bedtime Stories

American Life

Hard Candy

Edited by lrnzi

1. Like a Prayer

2. Ray of Light