MESSIAH

I am dead. DEAD. I don't know how to recover, and the strength has gone from my legs.

All other pop singers would cut off one of their fingers to write a melody this beautiful.

The lyrics, the vocals, the orchestra. Crying.

I think you and I have the same tastes! This song is sooo beautiful!! Majestic. Mysterious. Lyrically intriguing. Musically gorgeous, orchestral and epic. Killer chorus. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more love on here but it seems like this track has been overshadowed by some of the louder and controversial stuff.

I think you and I have the same tastes! This song is sooo beautiful!! Majestic. Mysterious. Lyrically intriguing. Musically gorgeous, orchestral and epic. Killer chorus. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more love on here but it seems like this track has been overshadowed by some of the louder and controversial stuff.

We absolutely do! And you described everything I live about it so eloquently. I'll talk up this song until the day I die.

From the moment this title was revealed, I had a strong feeling that it would be a ballad near the end of the album. Then when we learned about the orchestra, my excitement grew. I just knew this would end up a favorite of mine.

It's everything I allowed myself to hope it would be and then some. It's perfection in the form of a song. Some of my favorite things are the way that it opens with piano and ends with an orchestra; the juxtaposition of Madonna's lower register on the verses with her high register on the chorus; the mystical, fairy tale quality of the lyrics which I will analyze for years to come; the chorus melody, one of her all time greatest; the timeless, epic feel of the song; and the final heartbeat that leads into the title track, another favorite of mine.

A Madonna masterpiece in 3:22.

I am dead. DEAD. I don't know how to recover, and the strength has gone from my legs.

All other pop singers would cut off one of their fingers to write a melody this beautiful.

The lyrics, the vocals, the orchestra. Crying.

i can't in tears

i haven't been able to relate to Madonna songs as much as I have on RH. It's like she took all of my deepest thoughts and put them into song.

I won't make it out alive after the concert.

I love it. "Frozen" meets "Die Another Day"... so dark and hypnotic...a

Till you wake up and you find

That you love me too

The sorcery of it all :wow:

I'll cast a spell that you can't undo :stir::angry::voodoo::queenbitch:

tumblr_nho0bfaZ7z1qaah2vo5_250.gif

into-the-woods-10.gif

And yes I love it!

What an epic song! I loved the dark,mysterious lyrics when we first saw the snippet of them and when I heard it would also have an orchestra, I knew I would be in love. The piano at the beginning is gorgeous and as everyone has mentioned, her voice absolutely shines. This song deserves to be in a movie or on the stage. It has that big sweeping dramatic feel . Love it!!!

Live to Tell 2.0. Brilliant. Rebel Heart seems to draw from the past in all of the right ways. Reflective, relate-able, and relevant.

Does anyone hear mixing issues during 1:51 (I light a candle...)? That part sounds fuzzy and it's due to overamplification. At first I thought it was my earphones being faulty but then I played it out loud and I still hear the error.

I love this song.

The more I hear it the more I'm convinced it should've been on the Maleficent soundtrack! :-p

Aside from the sorceress reference, the lyrics are so on point.

I am the promise that you cannot keep -> betrayel

I am the earth under your feet -> Protector of the Moors

Weave you a blanket of silver and gold, I'll keep you warm do as I'm told -> Maleficent watching over Aurora during the curse

I'll cast a spell that you can't undo -> obvious no?

till you wake up and you find that you love me too -> true love's kiss

I could go on :-p lol

I feel overwhelmed with all the delights on this album. I keep singing the praises of JOA, HW, IO, WAOM, and RH.

And this. Well, I think that this stands out as one of the most divine recordings of her career. It's one of those songs that comes to you like a precious gift. Perfection in 3:22.

The piano intro sets the tone. The lyrics are mystical and open to interpretation. She could be singing to a man she desires, or to a higher power.

Two things I feel strongly about: 1. When she sings "I don't want to get to the end of my days, saying I wasn't amazed," that line is one of her greatest vocals ever. That high note on amazed, and the way she holds it :dramatic:

And 2. The chorus melody is one of the finest she's ever written.

This song is everything. It's Madonna singing with an orchestra for God's sake :inlove:

Can't believe this album is going to send three songs into my all time Madonna Top 20.

And so it came to pass that on this twenty-seventh of March, in the year of Our Queen 2015, Messiah won an epic four way battle with Joan of Arc, Inside Out, and Wash All Over Me to become my official number one track from Rebel Heart, also landing at Number 10 on my all time Madonna countdown :inlove:

Each time I play it, well, it just gets better.