S.E.X.

Grillzrap that is all. Love the sleezy slurpy way she raps with them in her mouth, it makes the song.

It's in my top 3 Madonna songs ever!

!!! Wow!

Find the top 5 tracks thread a couple pages back, and vote for S.E.X. It needs some love in a big way.

What’s that song saying?

It’s kind of a social commentary about the way everybody hooks up now and the lack of intimacy. When I made my “Sex” book I was being incredibly ironic, but I was also saying, “Look, it’s not only a man’s place to objectify a woman -- a woman can objectify herself too.” In the song “S.E.X.,” when I do the sort of rap in the middle and I do the list, I made myself sound like I have a lisp. Go back and listen to it. It’s meant to be ironic -- even though there’s some very handy items on that list.

Hmm. I didn't realize she had framed the song this way. It's funny because it sort of reminded me of What A Way To Wanna Be from Shania Twain's Up! album..in the sense that what she's saying is a little trivial and silly but it's supposed to be that way because she's poking a little bit of fun in the song.

This really isn't my favorite from the album...but I think it's a big improvement from the demo version, especially in making the decision to omit "there's nothing wrong with...NOTHING WRONG WITH...sex!!!!" So bad. :chuckle:

What’s that song saying?

It’s kind of a social commentary about the way everybody hooks up now and the lack of intimacy. When I made my “Sex” book I was being incredibly ironic, but I was also saying, “Look, it’s not only a man’s place to objectify a woman -- a woman can objectify herself too.” In the song “S.E.X.,” when I do the sort of rap in the middle and I do the list, I made myself sound like I have a lisp. Go back and listen to it. It’s meant to be ironic -- even though there’s some very handy items on that list.

“Holy Water” does that a little bit too. The double entendres are so over the top.

At this point all my songs about sex have to be tongue in cheek. There’s no other way I can approach it. Since exploring sexuality has been such a big part of my career as an artist, I felt like I wanted to address it, but almost from a voyeuristic way, like I’m on the outside looking in.

In a way these songs don’t even seem interested in pleasure. “S.E.X.” talks about breaking the bed, but you don’t sound like you’re having much fun.

Hmm.

There’s a loneliness to it, which I suppose is the voyeurism.

I don’t think love is involved. But remember that I did the record with Kanye, and he has a very specific point of view about sexuality, which I find amusing. It’s not meant to be sexy.

What if a listener doesn’t grasp that?

Well, let’s face it: There’s lot of subtleties in life that are hard for most people to grasp. Don’t you think?

:clap:

Queen!

What’s that song saying?

“Holy Water” does that a little bit too. The double entendres are so over the top.

At this point all my songs about sex have to be tongue in cheek. There’s no other way I can approach it. Since exploring sexuality has been such a big part of my career as an artist, I felt like I wanted to address it, but almost from a voyeuristic way, like I’m on the outside looking in.

In a way these songs don’t even seem interested in pleasure. “S.E.X.” talks about breaking the bed, but you don’t sound like you’re having much fun.

Hmm.

There’s a loneliness to it, which I suppose is the voyeurism.

I don’t think love is involved. But remember that I did the record with Kanye, and he has a very specific point of view about sexuality, which I find amusing. It’s not meant to be sexy.

What if a listener doesn’t grasp that?

Well, let’s face it: There’s lot of subtleties in life that are hard for most people to grasp. Don’t you think?

She seems so well-spoken.

Song is growing on me. It's a great combination of edgy/ominous production and tongue in cheek lyrics. Plus a solid hook or two and strong vocal!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I read so much crap about this song I was excepting a dumpy smelly unmelodic crap track. I really don't get what could be so bad about this track. I love it personally. You got a bad attituuuuuude...

rawww mEEAT :lmao:

This makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey.

Either in it's current form, or re-done, it would fit the theme of the movie.

And she sounds hot in the song, which I think will get me a bit of side-eye. But she does.

Edited by Sheena

This makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey.

Either in it's current form, or re-done, it would fit the theme of the movie.

And she sounds hot in the song, which I think will get me a bit of side-eye. But she does.

This song is too much for the movie, Madonna would put Christian Grey to shame (and make him her bitch tbh)

And I think she sounds hot too, even if she wanted this to be a funny/tongue in cheek song, she does sound sexy. I guess she can't help it lol

Ok, so basically I NEED a S.E.X. video in my life. I want her to read the Sex book to a bunch of 5 year olds in a scene. She would make shocked faces while the kids roll their eyes like saying "we've seen worse things than that" and also I want to see Madonna in a nurse costume!!!!

I noticed that each time I get to the spoken word bridge a huge grin breaks out on my face! I love her so!

Don't you love her wicked laugh right before she starts the "rap"?

Ok, so basically I NEED a S.E.X. video in my life. I want her to read the Sex book to a bunch of 5 year olds in a scene. She would make shocked faces while the kids roll their eyes like saying "we've seen worse things than that" and also I want to see Madonna in a nurse costume!!!!

2s84xa1.jpg

Yes! Love how dramatic the production on this song sounds.

And I live for the fact that this leads into Messiah! Some have said it's jarring, but I think it's the essence of Madonna: many sides, many facets, many styles. The rebel and the heart.

And I live for the fact that this leads into Messiah! Some have said it's jarring, but I think it's the essence of Madonna: many sides, many facets, many styles. The rebel and the heart.

I find it perfect! I also like how the chaotic sound Iconic goes right into the piano for HC.