WASH ALL OVER ME

• 1 month later...

Can I confess that I now prefer the demo over the album version? :lmao:

I think the most prefer the dance version of this song, but I like more the album version. I like the chorus, its so dramatic and emotional. It could have been a movie soundtrack or so

I think the most prefer the dance version of this song, but I like more the album version. I like the chorus, its so dramatic and emotional. It could have been a movie soundtrack or so

exactly. The demo does not fit in at all with the tone of the album. Album version is euphoric.

From what I have read this year, most people preferred the demo of Rebel Heart but the album version of WAOM. I know there were a few people who vocally preferred the WAOM demo, but it seems like the consensus is for the album version.

I'll never understand the love for the demo version. The strings intro and the piano chords are cute but that breakdown is horrendously cheesy and 2012 and it has the exact same grating 808 beat on GGW. The RH demo is the only production that Avicii gets it right

I'll never understand the love for the demo version. The strings intro and the piano chords are cute but that breakdown is horrendously cheesy and 2012 and it has the exact same grating 808 beat on GGW. The RH demo is the only production that Avicii gets it right

I agree with everything you said. The demo version did nothing for me whereas I consider the album version one of her best ballads ever!

thats how i feel about it. love the violins intro but the chorus is.. ugh.. so typical and generic

• 3 weeks later...

Loved the demo a lot when I first heard it a year ago. The album dropped and at first I was slightly disappointed with the final cut.

WAOM album version is very dramatic, a beautiful ballad with great harmony, would be perfect as the soundtrack to an apocalyptic movie or TV show like The Walking Dead - saying this with the best intention as a compliment as I truly believe it's an excellent piece of music writing, lyrics and melody.

I think I equally love both versions now.

So do I.

OMG me friggin too- more than ever!! Sorry...a year later I'm still thinking WTF was *she* thinking in castrating both WOM and RH...songs that were flawless, polished, instant and absolute mega smash quality/potential!

Loved the demo a lot when I first heard it a year ago. The album dropped and at first I was slightly disappointed with the final cut.

WAOM album version is very dramatic, a beautiful ballad with great harmony, would be perfect as the soundtrack to an apocalyptic movie or TV show like The Walking Dead - saying this with the best intention as a compliment as I truly believe it's an excellent piece of music writing, lyrics and melody.

I think I equally love both versions now.

I agree

I wonder how much depends on what you heard first.

For me, the album version is easily one of her all time best songs: spellbinding and gorgeous.

When I finally listened to the demo, it sounded silly to me, like one of those remixes they did so often in the 90s to make Celine Dion ballads danceable for instance.

I would also be curious as to whether people who don't like the album version tend to dislike her ballads in general.

It sounds like people who heard the demo first think she ruined it, but to me hearing the album version first, there is no way this was meant to be a dance song.

We may never know ... but we can all be happy with our preferred version.

I wonder how much depends on what you heard first.

For me, the album version is easily one of her all time best songs: spellbinding and gorgeous.

When I finally listened to the demo, it sounded silly to me, like one of those remixes they did so often in the 90s to make Celine Dion ballads danceable for instance.

I would also be curious as to whether people who don't like the album version tend to dislike her ballads in general.

It sounds like people who heard the demo first think she ruined it, but to me hearing the album version first, there is no way this was meant to be a dance song.

We may never know ...

Good point!

I heard the demo first, was genuinely impressed with it. It took me some time to love the final cut album version after I had heard the Avicii's version of WAOM first, now I love them both in their unique ways. Probably the biggest disappointment is knowing that such an amazing song, whether in its official ballad form or its unofficial unreleased dance beat, is not going to be performed live.

What a pity.

I can imagine for those who didn't hear the demos first, listening to WAOM final album version for the first time and then Avicii's dance demo might have probably sounded a bit silly....