HOLY WATER

she spoiled us with this album. so many songs! something for everyone.

i would have left this off the standard and put it on super deluxe. but its not my album!!!

Yes. This one should have been on deluxe only, whilst "Rebel Heart" or "Messiah" should have been on standard :thumbsup:

But yes, too many great songs in this era! Not that I'm complaining.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes. This one should have been on deluxe only, whilst "Rebel Heart" or "Messiah" should have been on standard :thumbsup:

But yes, too many great songs in this era! Not that I'm complaining.

totally.

because its not bad, its just a bit corny. the beat is awesome and its really catchy.

i NEVER complain about too many madonna songs!!! :rotfl:

in fact...

MORE MORE MORE!!!

Shut up stupid cunts, stupid sluts, stupid harlots you all, this song is ONE OF THE BEST. :thumbsdown:

Calm your tits! These people disliking it aren't trolls. Give them time they might grow to like it later on!

this is probably my least favourite song form the album, but that said i woudl still give it 8/10. I love the underlying groove, the lyrics are fun, even the quirky vogue sample gets me going. the new yeezus lines are sublime. the only bits I dont like are the banging sticks sound throughout (its annoying) and the segments leading up to vogue need to have a continuous beat throughout (the pauses make it sound like vogue was cut and paste into in rather than being a part of it).

Love this song it's a jam, the instrumentals & music is amazing. If you forget about the lyrics & just go with it this song is a club/dance floor killer!

THIS SONG IS THE BEST "Rebel" SONG ON THE ALBUM.

Yes, it is. It's sexy, it's cheeky, it's pure Madonna. The juxtaposition of religious imagery and sex is what Madonna, the artist is all about. hell, even her name and the brand "Madonna" stands for exactly this metaphor.

The production is sublime and the song is damn catchy. The lyrics are slightly silly but they're not happy-go-lucky silly. They're pervert-donna at her best. Holy Water is her essence, in the most literal sense.

are you kidding me?! Holy Water is fucking perfect!

when I first read that it was going to be included on the album and after I heard the demo i thought "wtf?!"

but the final version has blown me away!

I love the "bless yourself and genuflect" line. This was a grower for me so I can see how some people might not be too keen on it. I definitely think this will be on tour.

Shut up stupid cunts, stupid sluts, stupid harlots you all, this song is ONE OF THE BEST. :thumbsdown:

Calm down girlfriend. Not everyone like the actual Holy Water or whatever she's implying here. :lol:

I think Cuntyé did a great job on this track! The bridge, vogue sampling and everything! Imagine her squirting her Holy Water in the concert. :lol:

this is probably my least favourite song form the album, but that said i woudl still give it 8/10. I love the underlying groove, the lyrics are fun, even the quirky vogue sample gets me going. the new yeezus lines are sublime. the only bits I dont like are the banging sticks sound throughout (its annoying) and the segments leading up to vogue need to have a continuous beat throughout (the pauses make it sound like vogue was cut and paste into in rather than being a part of it).

Vogue was indeed cut and pasted. So no surprise there :lmao:

So many great lines here!

"Bitch get off my pole!"

"Kiss it better. Kiss it better. Don't it taste like holy water?"

"Yeezus loves my pussy best."

the genuflect line...

"You can't buy this in no luxury store."

"drink my precious alcohol

You look so thirsty, I think you need it"

"There's something you gotta hit

It's sacred and immaculate

I can let you in heaven's door

I promise you it's not a sin

Find salvation deep within

We can do it here on the floor"

They're all up there with "My sugar is raw, sticky, and sweet!" :inlove:

Guest Pud Whacker

"drink my precious alcohol

You look so thirsty, I think you need it"

"There's something you gotta hit

It's sacred and immaculate

I can let you in heaven's door

I promise you it's not a sin

Find salvation deep within

We can do it here on the floor"

They're all up there with "My sugar is raw, sticky, and sweet!" :inlove:

MY SUGAR IS RAW!!!

Holy Water is one of my least favorites... Not that I hate it, it's fun and new, but exactly like Bitch I'm Madonna I think I will skip it most of the time. It's really strange in the middle of ballads... Maybe I prefer the "heart" side of Madonna :laugh:

I absolutely LOOOOVVEE IT!!!!! It has multiple killer hooks and God damn catchy sound!! That bass!!!

And that Vogue reference is cherry on the top.

OK, so I just listened to this for the first time. No demo, no nothing, and its..... sort of amazing?

The lyrics are not as cringeworthy as I was expecting, the production is legit incredible, and she also sounds really good?

And even though its mostly a fun/silly ditty, the fact that she's making a song like this, dominating a man, is fucking political! Sing it sister!

Yes, it is. It's sexy, it's cheeky, it's pure Madonna. The juxtaposition of religious imagery and sex is what Madonna, the artist is all about. hell, even her name and the brand "Madonna" stands for exactly this metaphor.

The production is sublime and the song is damn catchy. The lyrics are slightly silly but they're not happy-go-lucky silly. They're pervert-donna at her best. Holy Water is her essence, in the most literal sense.

I agree so much. Only MADONNA could do this song. The unholy bitch with a holy name! Comparing her pussy juices to holy water is pure genius, of course the Mother of God's pussy would taste like it. Fuck the people who think it's immature or sounds like something a teenager would sing. It's supposed to be funny, cheeky, but also GENIUS!!!

Get with it, everyone. Holy Water is FIRE.

She's the one and only who can bring pussy juice to the next level. Wondering she's writing a song about ass juice.

Poke it harder. Make it loose.

The song of the GODS.

jennifer-lewis-passing-out.gifjennifer-lewis-passing-out.gif

I have been waiting for Ms. Dita to rear her nasty-ass head once again...and finally, after all this time, bitch arrives with an anthem of LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, this is the highlight of not only the 'rebel' side, but perhaps the whole album (for me), dare I say, yes...

And not only sassy, sexy and ironic...but funky as well. (and the Vogue sample...don't even get me started........)

I agree so much. Only MADONNA could do this song. The unholy bitch with a holy name! Comparing her pussy juices to holy water is pure genius, of course the Mother of God's pussy would taste like it. Fuck the people who think it's immature or sounds like something a teenager would sing. It's supposed to be funny, cheeky, but also GENIUS!!!

Get with it, everyone. Holy Water is FIRE.

giphy.gif

This is quintessential Madonna.

Considering how bland and safe and boring Pop music has become, and how safe even former Icons of sex and sleaze like Prince have become... thank GOD someone is still making sassy, fun, sexy, provocative shit like this!!!!!

Fuck. I want more. And for the people who think it's "trash", "vulgar", "not cool", etc..... I hope she does an exploration of the pussy concept album at 72 just to fuck with y'all.

Serve me Dita. Serve me.

The song of the GODS.

jennifer-lewis-passing-out.gifjennifer-lewis-passing-out.gif

I have been waiting for Ms. Dita to rear her nasty-ass head once again...and finally, after all this time, bitch arrives with an anthem of LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, this is the highlight of not only the 'rebel' side, but perhaps the whole album (for me), dare I say, yes...

And not only sassy, sexy and ironic...but funky as well. (and the Vogue sample...don't even get me started........)

giphy.gif

This is quintessential Madonna.

Considering how bland and safe and boring Pop music has become, and how safe even former Icons of sex and sleaze like Prince have become... thank GOD someone is still making sassy, fun, sexy, provocative shit like this!!!!!

Fuck. I want more. And for the people who think it's "trash", "vulgar", "not cool", etc..... I hope she does an exploration of the pussy concept album at 72 just to fuck with y'all.

Serve me Dita. Serve me.

OMG!

"The Sacred Box"

jennifer-lewis-passing-out.gif