HOLY WATER

uhhhh.......

i can kind of agree with the reviewers with this one. i thought from what i read that everyone was being prudish about the song. but after listening. i get it. it's just not up to par with the rest of the album. it doesn't help that it comes straight after heartbreakcity and body shop.

i don't want to be awful but this song reminds me of something off christina's bionic :lol:

i do like the futuristic sounds during "bitch get off my pole" and before the chorus. and i love "YEEZUS LOVES MY PUSSY BEST". it's a shame these things and the concept of "holy water" didn't get a better song to shine on :(

(i hope she doesn't perform this on tour )

TO THOSE THAT LOVE THIS SONG: FANGIRL AWAY IN THIS THREAD. sorry for upsetting you :lol:

One of my faves, unapologetic bitch is not in only one song. Bless yourself and genuflect!!!

I do love aspects of it...Oh and I do get her sense of humor, I just don't like the song as much as the others...would have prefered Never let you go or Nothing lasts forever but I never skip it while listening to the album though...however, I wouldn't cut my veins if it never existed... :laugh: ...

I tried so hard but this is the only song I don't like on the album. Nothing to do with not getting Madonna's sense of humour as others keep accusing everyone of that does not like the song. I just don't think it has a good melody or lyrics. The "bitch, get off my pole" is funny though. However, for those that love it, that is all great and keep enjoying it.

I tried so hard but this is the only song I don't like on the album. Nothing to do with not getting Madonna's sense of humour as others keep accusing everyone of that does not like the song. I just don't think it has a good melody or lyrics. The "bitch, get off my pole" is funny though. However, for those that love it, that is all great and keep enjoying it.

+1

I don't mind listening to it, but it's my one skip track of the 23 songs. It's cute but not very sonically or lyrically interesting. I'd just prefer to get on to the better stuff.

+1

Nothing to do with not getting Madonna's sense of humour as others keep accusing everyone of that does not like the song. I just don't think it has a good melody or lyrics.

:thumbsup:

This was the first of the demos I wasn't completely crazy about. By the time the final version leaked, I had started to warm up to the demo just a little.......this final version though is golden to me. I think some will come around to this one later......especially if it's on the tour. :)

The production is flawless on this. I'm shocked at some of the dislike... This is an instant classic madonna track. It's killer. I guess it is more younger sounding..

The last two comments say "not for the kiddies" and "i guess it is more younger sounding.."

age has nothing to do with peoples opinions.

I had this song stuck in my head today. I like it, but just don't care for the "Vogue" clips. My favorite part is the "don't it taste like holy water, like holy water..." sung higher. :)

I love "Holy Water"! It's fun,outrageous,silly,sleazy and totally Madonna :) Really impressed with what Kanye did to that stripped-down demo.One of my Top 5 favorites from the album.

Fans still not getting Madonna's sense of humor.

yeah,I think alot of people don't 'get' the humor of this song.In the RS interview,Madonna comments on the humor aspect of the song.It's clearly meant to be tongue in cheek (no pun intended,lol)