What oldies are you almost CERTAIN she will perform?

CJM

Human Nature and Candy Shop. LOL I want her to do Nothing Fails, Bad Girl and Skin

Guest ziggy

Take a Bow is long due, and it matches the current matadora persona and look that she's likely to take on her stage. The opportunity is much too perfect to miss.

Edited by ziggy

Not to rain on parades but just because a song fits a theme perfectly doesn't mean M is going to oblige lol. I remember when DWT rumors that turned out to be true were circulating and nobody believed them because "Nothing Really Matters" was not in the Geisha section

nothing really matters

easy ride

bedtime story

hollywood

falling free

bad girl

erotica

rescue me

i also hope for jean paul gaultier costumes

It depends on whether she's choosing the setlist with Australia/Asia in mind, or if a bunch of stuff will be added to those shows to provide a better roundup of her career. For those shows, she pretty much has to include:

VOGUE

LAP

EY

Music

Hung Up

Ray of Light

Holiday

La Isla Bonita

And let's be honest, she'll probably include most of these in the regular tour anyway. The ones in bold she skipped last time around and we know she loves them.

I hope Frozen and Don't Tell Me are included too, but the new album is so good I don't really care!

Most importantly, I hope she doesn't reinvent these. They've been reinvented enough and the originals would be perfect. Give me Hung Up and give it to me straight, please!

Truly there are too many great new songs this time so I think she'll do 14 full tracks from the new album and possibly 6-8 oldies. Which really means 2-3 songs from each decade (notwithstanding "elements" and "samples" incorporated into the 14 new tracks). Say she'll do 7 oldies, I'm sure one of those will be an interlude (dancers or video) so really that means about 6 proper oldies, i.e. 2 songs from each decade. Which means:

80s:

La Isla Bonita

Material Girl

90s:

Ray of Light

Deeper and Deeper

00s:

Music

Die Another Day

Fin.

Express Yourself

Vogue

Human Nature

Like a Prayer

Like a Virgin

A fun topic a moderator can start up, since I don't have the ability to start a topic is one where we can all make our own versions of a setlist and video interlude themes for the tour. It'll be really cool and interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

I need Holiday to come back, but it won't be as a medley with Celebration since she already did that for S&S leg 2. Crazy for You also needs to make a return, but I fear it won't with so many ballads on Rebel Heart already that need to be sung. :cries:

i like your topic and predictions carly...

for me she'll do

like a prayer

deeper and deeper

ray of light

don't tell me

probably two or three more....still have to think about them

Guest Rachelle of London

Deeper and deeper has been predicted so many times and during Amsterdam soundcheck last time M was so happy when singing it with the fans. I think she prob misses performing it.

I bet on Take A bow for sure.

Visuals of TAB can easily be incorporated with the bullfighting segment. A video interlude or an updated version of the song I'm sure will be included.

Her biggest hit on hot 100 never performed on your before, if not now then when?

Guest ziggy

I bet on Take A bow for sure.

Visuals of TAB can easily be incorporated with the bullfighting segment. A video interlude or an updated version of the song I'm sure will be included.

Her biggest hit on hot 100 never performed on your before, if not now then when?

Exactement. This is just how the stars are aligned right now.

Really the only one I think she *might* perform is TAB and if not that perhaps You'll See. Maybe Secret too because it meshes well with the "urban" sound of the new album. I actually think it would sound pretty kickass and compliment Devil Pray a lot.

I think she might incorporate "Madonna" by Drake somewhere, kind of like how she did with Eurythmics "Here Comes the Rain Again" and "Rain" on S&S. It would mix well with JML maybe for an interlude before "Best Night" and "S.E.X."

In terms of other hits she might choose (keeping in mind what she has performed on the last few tours) I think we might get:

* Express Yourself (because it's like a feminist/empowerment song. "Don't go for second best" etc)

* Hung Up (she seems to like performing it so I think we'll get a new arrangement for it, maybe something with a heavy drum sound)

* Holiday or Music (But probably not both)

* Borderline or Crazy for You (Just to give the fans a little something)

* La Isla Bonita (Might work with a Matador/Spanish theme, particularly a slower version closer to the original. I don't think the Diplo dub plate really matters as I think she chooses songs based on themes more than anything else)

* Candy Shop or Miles Away (Just because I know she likes to troll us with random "hits")

I dont know about Vogue. I imagine she'd be like "But I sing a few lines of it in Holy Water. Isn't THAT enough?!" ( :queenbitch: ) But the 2 Asian girls with her seem to be big into vogueing so that might be influential in having it on tour.

That's my thoughts. I'm happy for her to do a bulk of RH, but I do hope we get some great old tracks that we really haven't heard too many times during the last few tours. (Seriously if that's what you want to hear go watch the old tours on youtube.)

Guest ziggy

* Hung Up (she seems to like performing it so I think we'll get a new arrangement for it, maybe something with a heavy drum sound)

For whatever reason, her reinventions of Hung Up have been consistently underwhelming though. Confessions Tour aside, she has not managed to give the song the wings it deserves. I hope she finds a way to do it proper justice this time.

The song is pure disco heaven ear candy perfection, it's a signature hit, it's a juggernaut, it's freaking Hung Up, and it deserves to shine.

Really the only one I think she *might* perform is TAB and if not that perhaps You'll See.

She has the biggest amount of new ballads in nearly two decades, it is extremely unlikely she's going to do ballads from the 1990s she never performs.