God damn it, Felicity Huffman...

Mattress

On Seth Meyer's late night show she was reminiscing about taking over Madonna's role in Speed-The-Plow once she left in 1988 and said "And this is back when Madonna was as big as Lady Gaga".

:megamanson:REALLY?!

I really want to like her but what a dumbass thing to say. No one has ever been as big as Madonna is today, let alone as big as Madonna was back then, EXCEPT MADONNA. I feel like a woman of Felicity's age should know such things and ceasefire on the blatant -- albeit out of touch -- pandering to today's youth market.

Not cool. Loved her in Transamerica, though.

wow, so sad to see poor Felicity being so out of touch with reality. How can LG be as big as M THEN when she barely is NOWADAY? One has to look even at the sales of MDNA and Artpop.

Is Felicity a Gaga fan ? Just noticed that some Gaga fans like to always paint Gaga as being better, bigger and more influential than Madonna. Would have thought Felicity was too old for that kind of garbage but who knows. Just seems such an ignorant and pointless comment to make otherwise.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh look theres the woman that won all those awards for Desperate Housewives because her husband is William H Macy.

Team Eva Longoria anyday :lmao: Eva is a big Madonna fan and her and Felicity dont get on!

Laughing at dumb people being so pathetically out of touch with reality. The brat just wishes she ever reached Madonna's level of fame and relevance in her 50s let alone Madonna's 1987 fame when she was the then "new" phenomenon. 3 years into her career Gags saw the biggest backlash and down slide ever. Even Gooberella's 6-month Bad Romace peak days fame is a watered down version of the peak global Madonna mania 1985-1991

I think l will forgive her for not being up to date on the queen of pop diva title, she is an actress so Gaga is likely a current reference point since the Oscars.

Clueless. Period. Dont think she was shading at all intentionally but this is the same woman who was on a major awards show a few years ago and kept stumbling and stumbling while reading the teleprompter like she was drunk, stoned, or couldn't read (or all of the above)! Was painful to watch and surprised the media wasn't all over it the next day. It's prob. somewhere on You Tube. Woman doesnt seem too bright. LOL.

Guest Pud Whacker

Who is she?

shes a nothing. she played a tranhole in a film.

in her defense, shes speaking to a much younger generation that sees Lady Ugly as a controversial star of her day.

On Seth Meyer's late night show she was reminiscing about taking over Madonna's role in Speed-The-Plow once she left in 1988 and said "And this is back when Madonna was as big as Lady Gaga".

:megamanson:REALLY?!

I really want to like her but what a dumbass thing to say. No one has ever been as big as Madonna is today, let alone as big as Madonna was back then, EXCEPT MADONNA. I feel like a woman of Felicity's age should know such things and ceasefire on the blatant -- albeit out of touch -- pandering to today's youth market.

Michael Jackson? The Beatles?

Of female stars, Bitchney Tears and Goober came closest (i.e. far away) from Madonna in her imperial phase, pop culture wise. Both flamed out early. Like Noel Gallagher said, you only get 5 years.

Nobody has been as big as Madonna since she has been a star. I doubt any female star has been beforehand too. Personally, I think the big 4 music superstars of all time are Madonna, Elvis Presley, The Beatles and Michael Jackson. I almost put Frank Sinatra in there as well. Michael faded a lot before he died but he and Madonna ruled the 80's in a way that no one has ruled any decade since. Madonna also has been a superstar for 30 years which is amazing in so many ways.

There have been big stars of course since the 80's but I just don't think any of them dominated as superstars like Madonna. In fact, none really come close. Lady Gaga had a huge 2 years but still never had the type of Madonna mania and fame. Felicity should know this if she knows anything about the music landscape.