NYC Sept. 16

FreeMySoul

Loving this thread! Glad everyone had a blast. I'm still recovering from last night.

I LOVED everything. Every fucking thing. M is perfect. I loved the whole flamenco medley, "Body Shop" (so fucking cool), "La Vie en Rose" (sooo beautiful and touching), "Holiday", "Music" (that old Hollywood intro....perfection!), "S.E.X.", "Heartbreak City/Love Don't Live Here Anymore" (such a cool mash-up), etc. I just ADORED the whole damn show.

Madonna's voice was clear and strong, she looked beautiful, danced her butt off and along with her awesome/beautiful dancers, she put on a state of the art show.

I mean how can you not love this woman?! She's so amazing and inspiring.

I've seen tons of artists live but M has to be in my top 3. Possibly my favorite ever actually.

No one puts on a show like Madonna!

Welcome! I hope you have a great time tonight (I'm positive you will!!!).

So happy you had such a great time :thumbsup:

Guest Rocco Papa

Hey whatsup everyone :) I just joined and this is my first post :p I'm seeing Madonna at Madison Square Garden tonight omg I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!! This is my first time seeing her live omg I'm 20 and I've been a fan of Madonna my whole life and I grew up listening to her and I'm finally gonna see the QUEEN OF POP live omgggggg I CANT WAIT!! Just wanted to post in here to introduce myself and say hi! I hope everyone has fun tonight omfg it's gonna be crazy and so much fun I'm gonna pee my pants from being so excited oh my fucking God!!!!!

Welcome! I hope you have a good time tonight!! :kiss2:

Loving this thread! Glad everyone had a blast. I'm still recovering from last night.

I LOVED everything. Every fucking thing. M is perfect. I loved the whole flamenco medley, "Body Shop" (so fucking cool), "La Vie en Rose" (sooo beautiful and touching), "Holiday", "Music" (that old Hollywood intro....perfection!), "S.E.X.", "Heartbreak City/Love Don't Live Here Anymore" (such a cool mash-up), etc. I just ADORED the whole damn show.

Madonna's voice was clear and strong, she looked beautiful, danced her butt off and along with her awesome/beautiful dancers, she put on a state of the art show.

I've seen tons of artists live but M has to be in my top 3. Possibly my favorite ever actually.

Fantastic, glad you had an incredible time Strawberry Bounce. :thumbsup:

I'm just getting around to posting because I've been in a Madonna induced coma since last night's show...and OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING! I'm so excited for everyone seeing it tonight and everyone getting to see it in the future. I am already having withdrawals and am seriously considering going to another show!

Amy Schumer was hysterical and completely killed her set. The crowd reaction to her was amazing. I've never really seen an opener get a standing ovation like she received after her set. It's weird to think of comedy before a concert but it worked so well and really got the crowd's energy going.

The entire show was amazing from start to finish. When she dropped down in the cage from the heavens above I lost my shit. Holy Water/Vogue is incredibly exciting to witness live. I could go on and on about my favorite moments, but my absolute favorite moment was actually True Blue. I was not expecting to be so moved by this performance but I was completely blown away by it. It's not the super cheery 80s version and all of Madonna's heartbreak comes through in this song. So many couples at MSG were swaying and kissing during it but you could tell the song sort of hurts Madonna due to all the heartache she has experienced throughout her life. I remember right before she started singing she said "Oh to be innocent." It was of the many times I cried hahaha! I also was blown away by her voice on LDLHA and La Vie En Rose.

Once again I hope everyone enjoys themselves as much as I did!!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

I'm just getting around to posting because I've been in a Madonna induced coma since last night's show...and OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING! I'm so excited for everyone seeing it tonight and everyone getting to see it in the future. I am already having withdrawals and am seriously considering going to another show!

Amy Schumer was hysterical and completely killed her set. The crowd reaction to her was amazing. I've never really seen an opener get a standing ovation like she received after her set. It's weird to think of comedy before a concert but it worked so well and really got the crowd's energy going.

The entire show was amazing from start to finish. When she dropped down in the cage from the heavens above I lost my shit. Holy Water/Vogue is incredibly exciting to witness live. I could go on and on about my favorite moments, but my absolute favorite moment was actually True Blue. I was not expecting to be so moved by this performance but I was completely blown away by it. It's not the super cheery 80s version and all of Madonna's heartbreak comes through in this song. So many couples at MSG were swaying and kissing during it but you could tell the song sort of hurts Madonna due to all the heartache she has experienced throughout her life. I remember right before she started singing she said "Oh to be innocent." It was of the many times I cried hahaha! I also was blown away by her voice on LDLHA and La Vie En Rose.

Once again I hope everyone enjoys themselves as much as I did!!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

I was at last night's show also and agree completely with everything you said. This may have been may favorite concert ever! The highlights for me were La Vie En Rose, Body Shop, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Rebel Heart, Deeper and Deeper and Music. Devil Pray was cool and Unapologetic Bitch was so much fun! The interlude to Messiah was poetry in words and dance. The music really blew me away that I wasn't able to take in everything. I feel like I need to see the show again so that I can take in all the visuals.

Guest Pud Whacker

Welcome! I hope you have a great time tonight (I'm positive you will!!!).

The Greatest Star That Ever Lived...

Thanks! I really did. Everyone should see her live at least once in their lives! Such an experience.

Have you gotten your tickets yet Jazzy?

Heavens yes. Can't wait for March ! Until then, just loving reading all the fan's reviews.

Just got back from NYC and omg, it was incredible!

She literally killed it, and I find her natural performance skills breath-taking. And such passion, 30 years into her career!

Favorite moments include Iconic, Holy Water, Deeper And Deeper, LDLHA (though I wish she'd sing it in full), Like A Virgin, Rebel Heart, Music and Holiday!

My only gripe would be the interludes. Not a big fan of having some old videos with new music playing over them. She's spoiled us with gems such as Paradise and Bedtime Story, that these videos just felt kind of rushed. But oh well, the performers during the interludes were great and the rest of the show was amazing!

LDLHA is one of my favourite performances from RH :D

amazing vocals

Mine too! It's not an easy song to sing, most of her vast catalogue isn't, but she pulled it off brilliantly. So proud to be a fan of someone who actually earns every penny she makes.

I love reading everyone's reactions to the opening MSG show!!!! A coworker of mine was at Thursday's show and him and I couldn't stop talking about. He said he was just a casual Madonna fan but loved the show. M is so fucking smart. Winning back the general public one stop at a time.

Edited by tycole6