NYC Sept. 16

FreeMySoul

I think it was close to 10

but up until that point there's still a lot of people not finding their seats.

Men's room was really busy at my section. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

ive always been very emotional in the mornings (later in the afternoon is a different story! :lol: ) and everything is bringing me to tears today, from a kid making a clock on GMA to this:

Holiday, performed with the stars and stripes rampant, is a victory lap. Madonna had said: “I’m feeling pretty nostalgic tonight … I performed here 30 years ago.” Her Madison Square Garden concert seems simultaneously like the latest stage of a 32-year durational performance art piece about stardom and an affirmation that there is simply no other performer like her. Tonight, Madonna kills it.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/17/madonna-at-madison-square-garden-review-rebel-heart-tour-no-other-performer-like-her?CMP=twt_gu

ive always been very emotional in the mornings (later in the afternoon is a different story! :lol: ) and everything is bringing me to tears today, from a kid making a clock on GMA to this:

The story of what happened to this poor kid sickens me. But seeing all the positive coming his way because of it warms my heart. *tear*

Holiday, performed with the stars and stripes rampant, is a victory lap. Madonna had said: Im feeling pretty nostalgic tonight I performed here 30 years ago. Her Madison Square Garden concert seems simultaneously like the latest stage of a 32-year durational performance art piece about stardom and an affirmation that there is simply no other performer like her. Tonight, Madonna kills it.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/17/madonna-at-madison-square-garden-review-rebel-heart-tour-no-other-performer-like-her?CMP=twt_gu

It's so poignant :inlove: Makes me feel like when I saw RIT in Paris, my first concert with her since Blond Ambition in Gothenburg. I seriously almost needed medical help after it.

Guest Pud Whacker

The story of what happened to this poor kid sickens me. But seeing all the positive coming his way because of it warms my heart. *tear*

yeah, they did a whole segment on GMA. hes so cute and smart and funny. everyone was reaching out to him. i loved it all. :cries:

What an amazing show!!! The photos and videos don't even begin to do the stage or performances justice. Everyone around me was super excited and stood the entire night, and everyone knew the words to all the new songs too. WTG and Rebel Heart were huge highlights. Singing those words and having Madonna sing them back while looking at you... I'm gonna say I had tears in my eyes and so did the guy next to me.

We were so entranced, I didn't even notice that Everybody was missing until the end, but I hope she adds it back! I love her new hair in act 2 (early '90's Madonna). It looked much better in person than some of the photos that have surfaced.

I felt she wasn't as chatty last night, probably also due to a more high profile crowd, but she was very warm. The fan who had been there for the Virgin Tour at MSG and got a kiss was a few people down from me, and that was a really special moment.

She also said she's been unlucky in love ("no, that wasn't a joke"), but she is still a romantic. :inlove:

Guest Pud Whacker

It's so poignant :inlove: Makes me feel like when I saw RIT in Paris, my first concert with her since Blond Ambition in Gothenburg. I seriously almost needed medical help after it.

it really is.

MADONNA LOUISE CICCONE!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

YEAH!!! ❤️❤️❤️

What happened to VERONICA? :laugh:

oh, i love veronica and all but thats a confirmation name. her name is...

MADONNA LOUISE CICCONE!!!

Holiday, performed with the stars and stripes rampant, is a victory lap. Madonna had said: “I’m feeling pretty nostalgic tonight … I performed here 30 years ago.” Her Madison Square Garden concert seems simultaneously like the latest stage of a 32-year durational performance art piece about stardom and an affirmation that there is simply no other performer like her. Tonight, Madonna kills it.

OMG! I'm a morning crier too. :lmao: Most of my posts on this forum happen during my Starbucks Trenta Iced Coffee-induced Madonna euphoria and epiphanies each morning as I settle into the work day. :lol: This morning, I fought back tears at my desk as I read this review and saw pictures from last night's show.

The new hair is better than the first lion hair : ))) I saw clips over here. She's so natural, happy, nostalgic and on point this tour. So happy I'm gonna see her in November. I hope she's not getting bored by then. So many hits and such great vocals.

ok so here's my detailed review lol ...

SO I threw my party. It was a mild turn out at first. I got to meet some amazing fans I've known for quite some time (from Ireland and Holland and England) in the flesh and we hung out and chatted and discussed their travels and how exciting it was to see M in NYC. One girl didn't have a ticket for the show last night but as I just saw on my Facebook, someone last minute walked outside and gave her a ticket for free! Anyhow, out of nowhere my party became a crazy success. People showed up a bit later than I expected but I was flooded with thank-yous for throwing the party and I tried my best to mingle (I told the bartender NOT to serve me liquor until after 6...needless to say I ended up starting to drink at 5:45)...It was amazing cause everyone was all dressed up and so excited. The excitement was palpable.

I extended the party till after 7 cause lots of people came late and wanted to stay later to continue having a good time. So, I made the decision to miss Amy last night. Finally, I played "what it feels like for a girl", "frozen", and "holiday" and told everyone holiday was the cue to head out! We got in a cab, got out, ran inside the venue...got some wine and headed into our spots. I was right next to the heart and when the show started, everyone went wild. She seemed SUPER amped about performing in NYC and the crowd was just as receptive. This tour seems to have made M this incredible winner in all aspects that hadn't been there before. Idk how to explain it. People are just so elated to have 80's songs, to have her be so warm...I guess the best way to put it...she said the tour would feel romantic and intimate with a bit of rebel (as we all know)...that is conveyed so strikingly accurate. From Amy opening to the curtain joan of arc imagery, to the awesome game of thrones-ish intro, to the baddassery of burning up...

the holy water section really translates well live!! the interludes for this tour pack a punch of artistic expression +entertainment value that she always does so well but seriously Messiah is beautiful and Illuminati is absolutely nuts! the acoustic/ukelele songs made me cry especially during who's that girl. living for love was AMAZING live!!!! the last section was stunning. Her interaction about her in NYC and so many years performing at MSG really struck a nerve with everyone...including her. It really is such a fascinating thing to have the ability to still have such a strong audience come out to see you.

After the show, I went to go get my friend upstairs (she was drunk and security was calling me lol but i wouldn't leave during holiday) and before I got to the door, her costume rack wizzed by me. I passed my hand through EVERY COSTUME. I still have a vivid memory of thinking "take a pic, take a pic, take a pic, no one's gonna believe you" but I couldn't cause it happened so fast. the opening costume shoulder piece was so light. I thought it was "armor" like...i guess they designed it well to look strong but it's actually light for her and her dancers to move well in.

Anyway, I met and took pics with M's driver, a couple of dancers (spoke to them outside for a bit) and Liz! She was all smiles and spoke to my friend Adi and I for quite a minute!!! Amazing! AMAZING. AMAZING. I CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN TONIGHT!

ok so here's my detailed review lol ...

SO I threw my party. It was a mild turn out at first. I got to meet some amazing fans I've known for quite some time (from Ireland and Holland and England) in the flesh and we hung out and chatted and discussed their travels and how exciting it was to see M in NYC. One girl didn't have a ticket for the show last night but as I just saw on my Facebook, someone last minute walked outside and gave her a ticket for free! Anyhow, out of nowhere my party became a crazy success. People showed up a bit later than I expected but I was flooded with thank-yous for throwing the party and I tried my best to mingle (I told the bartender NOT to serve me liquor until after 6...needless to say I ended up starting to drink at 5:45)...It was amazing cause everyone was all dressed up and so excited. The excitement was palpable.

I extended the party till after 7 cause lots of people came late and wanted to stay later to continue having a good time. So, I made the decision to miss Amy last night. Finally, I played "what it feels like for a girl", "frozen", and "holiday" and told everyone holiday was the cue to head out! We got in a cab, got out, ran inside the venue...got some wine and headed into our spots. I was right next to the heart and when the show started, everyone went wild. She seemed SUPER amped about performing in NYC and the crowd was just as receptive. This tour seems to have made M this incredible winner in all aspects that hadn't been there before. Idk how to explain it. People are just so elated to have 80's songs, to have her be so warm...I guess the best way to put it...she said the tour would feel romantic and intimate with a bit of rebel (as we all know)...that is conveyed so strikingly accurate. From Amy opening to the curtain joan of arc imagery, to the awesome game of thrones-ish intro, to the baddassery of burning up...

the holy water section really translates well live!! the interludes for this tour pack a punch of artistic expression +entertainment value that she always does so well but seriously Messiah is beautiful and Illuminati is absolutely nuts! the acoustic/ukelele songs made me cry especially during who's that girl. living for love was AMAZING live!!!! the last section was stunning. Her interaction about her in NYC and so many years performing at MSG really struck a nerve with everyone...including her. It really is such a fascinating thing to have the ability to still have such a strong audience come out to see you.

After the show, I went to go get my friend upstairs (she was drunk and security was calling me lol but i wouldn't leave during holiday) and before I got to the door, her costume rack wizzed by me. I passed my hand through EVERY COSTUME. I still have a vivid memory of thinking "take a pic, take a pic, take a pic, no one's gonna believe you" but I couldn't cause it happened so fast. the opening costume shoulder piece was so light. I thought it was "armor" like...i guess they designed it well to look strong but it's actually light for her and her dancers to move well in.

Anyway, I met and took pics with M's driver, a couple of dancers (spoke to them outside for a bit) and Liz! She was all smiles and spoke to my friend Adi and I for quite a minute!!! Amazing! AMAZING. AMAZING. I CANT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN TONIGHT!

:tigger:

Guest eroticerotic

well, i guess ill go alone. sux! because her concerts are parties not just a show. They are best enjoyed with a group of people. If anyone wants to meet up hit me up! xxx