Pitchfork Pop Sovereign: A Conversation with Madonna

Well, the article also says that the record is trying 'so hard to sound of-the-moment' and they mention that the album is all over the place (or something like that). Even though the guy liked the personal songs, I'm pretty sure they will not give a rating of 7 or higher for it, considering that Confessions (her best reviewed album) only got a 6.2. Hell, even Celebration got a bad rating.

Amazing interview. So on point about pop culture, the arts, technology...and what's happening to it all today. Ugh, I just want to get farther inside this woman's head......

the interviews this time around are finally what we've all been waiting for.

ps. What is "Pitchfork" anyway? Is it the typical snobby, pretentious, hipster, 'we-know-what-real-music-is' kind of place......?

I can't believe she agreed to be interviewed by them when they've never had a good word for her

"If one person out of 100 doesn't like my work I'm only interested in hearing from that one person" 1989

Amazing interview. So on point about pop culture, the arts, technology...and what's happening to it all today. Ugh, I just want to get farther inside this woman's head......

the interviews this time around are finally what we've all been waiting for.

ps. What is "Pitchfork" anyway? Is it the typical snobby, pretentious, hipster, 'we-know-what-real-music-is' kind of place......?

Pretty much. They're major hypocrites too. You shoulda seen how they handled Lana Del Rey's initial controversy. It's hilarious.

Yeah, Pitchfork is the epitome of snobby, hipster to the point of self-parody at times. Their not without good points and articles sometimes, but they can also get sort of ridiculous.