Pitchfork Pop Sovereign: A Conversation with Madonna

she's not retiring anytime soon folks :clap:

so this tour will be a mix of musical extravaganza, intimate guitar/piano songs and stand up comedy? :lol:

i'd love it!

Great interview. Especially liked the part where she spoke about art and pop culture and how they've been more and more separated over the years. So true, unfortunately.

Oh and,

Actually, I quite like the idea doing a different kind of tour—and don’t get any ideas because this is not gonna happen right now—where I would sing songs and play guitar and just have maybe one other musician out there with me; it's just me and a guitar and a good bottle of wine.

Aka what we're all waiting for. :dramatic: Great to know that she's got it on her mind.

really good and insightful interview!

She seems in the best mood during that conversation AND she had a tequila :yes:

With William Burroughs, they shot Bloodhounds of Broadway together, he has a cameo in it, the director ws a close friend of his and was dying of Aids during shooting so Madonna and Burroughs did all they could to help him finish it. There's a wonderful article from the NYT about it that shows how wonderful Madonna was during the height of the Aids epidemic :

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/01/movies/a-director-s-race-with-aids-ends-before-his-movie-opens.html

burroughs-madonna1.png

Great interview coming from a very unexpected source. Thanks for sharing.

With William Burroughs, they shot Bloodhounds of Broadway together, he has a cameo in it, the director ws a close friend of his and was dying of Aids during shooting so Madonna and Burroughs did all they could to help him finish it. There's a wonderful article from the NYT about it that shows how wonderful Madonna was during the height of the Aids epidemic :

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/01/movies/a-director-s-race-with-aids-ends-before-his-movie-opens.html

burroughs-madonna1.png

wow thank you for sharing this Roland Barthes. I had no idea of their friendship. Just another example of what a sensitive, loving, compassionate person she is.

I love it when I see a stand-up comedian have some amazing back-and-forth dealing with a heckler in the audience. I could really have a field day with something like that. I don’t think you understand how funny I am—I mean, maybe not right now, but in general. I do some of my best stand-up comedy during sound checks.

:rotfl::rosey: aww, we know Midge, we know :inlove: