Madonna to cover Vanity Fair Italia by Terry Richardson

Exclusive: On the cover of Vanity Fair Italia

by MadonnaTribe · March 2, 2015

Madonna will be the on the cover of the new issue of Vanity Fair Italia, out on Wednesday.

The magazine will feature an interview done in New York City illustrated with photos by Terry Richardson!

This era is amazing!! She is working her ass of for this album!!!

photos by Terry Richardson.. well, umm.. :newspaper:

I hate that she has to work with him but he IS the vanity fair photog....

Why would it be the old shoot? That makes no sense.

Yayyy

The last shoot was incredibly iconic and suits perfectly the mood of Ghosttown.

I'd say Joan of Arc.

I fucking hate Terry. Yes, she looked great in HB, but I still hate him. And why is she shooting for Vanity Fair? He is not one of their house photographers, and I don't remember the last time he did something for them. They usually use Annie, Weber, Testino, Meisel, Lindbergh etc

My translation of a preview of the full interview out tomorrow

http://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/15/03/03/madonna-intervista-56-anni-rebel-heart-cover-vanity-fair-foto

Now they are punishing you for your age or am I wrong?

You're absolutely right

They say you navigate through social media waters clumsily and that you can't pose topless at your age

56 to be exact

It's referred to as ageism in English

Which means: discrimination based on a person's age. There is no difference between ageism, racism or homophobia. The cause is always limited knowledge, ignorance fostering fear and fear creating a willingness to destroy through criticism. What is the point? Show me the "How To Behave At A Certain Age" handbook. As far as I know there is no such thing in existence.

They also criticise you because you date younger boys

The truth is I can do it so I'll do it again. In this case though ageism is connected to good old sexism: if I were a man nobody would even think about expressing criticism in this regard.

Does age protect you from suffering when you are in love?

And why should it? You do know this is another tequila question, right?

Ok then, let's change the subject. What does it feel like for your children having a mother like you?

I hope I can instill my rebel heart into them as well. I try but it's difficult to predict what route they're going to take, they are still teenagers. I try to offer them an example: they see a woman who fights for gay rights, for children orphaned by Aids, for the right of Muslim women to get an education. They see me never backing down an inch from who I am and what I believe in. They see a warrior who has never stopped working for a second throughout her entire life. Obviously they're also aware of criticism, they read insults aimed at me on social media and they get hurt by it but they also understand how important it is to follow one's path.

Do you already see the results of that?

Yes I do. Lourdes is 18 and says things that make me realise she's very mindful of women's rights and how we are treated around the world. And Rocco the other day told me: "Mum, mum, you know, I think my girlfriend is a feminist" and I said "Great news". He told me she's a photographer, a film-maker and that she's also into poetry. I told him I was happy for him. If that's the type of woman he's attracted to it means I'm influencing him in this direction.

Why the complain and the hate towards the photographer? That's one of her best photoshoots over the years. It's been done before and I'm sure we'll get more magazine covers/interviews. :rolleyes:

Thank you XXL! Antoher wonderful interview, love her answers!

Why the complain and the hate towards the photographer? That's one of her best photoshoots over the years. It's been done before and I'm sure we'll get more magazine covers/interviews. :rolleyes:

Thank you XXL! Antoher wonderful interview, love her answers!

Because he is an (mostly) untalented sexual predator?