Ghosttown video #soon

Guest Rachelle of London

A video in an actual ghosttown is too literal.

I would love it if it was happening in space.... Something with a real budget and production value, like the movie Gravity but of course more fashionable....

Who pays for videos these days? Is it Live Nation? I woudl love something cinematic .. the story telling of Hausman, with some surreallness of romanek or cunningham. something a la dali?

I think the song in itself is more symbolic than literal. So I wouldn't be surprised if the video had a content of representation of true love depicted in dance with some strange choreography and symbolism.

This was my first instinct too. Since the song is somber about some place that is in ruins, I thought it could really have a lot of social subtext and leave on a positive note about all the wonderful things artists are doing in Detroit to revitalize the city. Plus, it would sort of ring true emotionally for Madonna since she hails from that area. I am not sure how to capture all that visually over a 4 minute video, but at least there would be some human resonance as opposed to just a cool backdrop location or something with cheesy special effects.

I am sure Akerlund and M will come up with something amazing. I really do love this song...way more than "Living for Love".

This is what I pictured as well! Or something American Old West. If the dancers are involved, I hope Chaz Buzan is in it, he's such an amazing dancer, I mean all her dancers are great, but he's so expressive and I loved the performance piece he did for Art for Freedom. I can see something like that working as one element in the GT video. Whatever they choose to do, I hope it's a great director, and can't wait to see what they come up with!

Is it true GT will go to radio March 13? Some people in forum said DrownedMadonna reported it??

Yes, DrownedMadonna has reported that "Ghosttown" will go to radio on 13 March.

MadonnaTribe previously reported that the video would be released in early April, but that the song would impact radio much sooner.

I hate these massive delays between radio and video releases. All momentum just fizzles out.

I'd just like her to produce a video which has a storyline or loose narrative, mini film. Bad Girl, Take a Bow, I Want You. Bit boring if it's just gonna be M looking sexy walking around a "ghost town" with cuts to her infront of a wall.

Guest eroticerotic

So the video would look like sister Christina or whatever that peanut head italian nun's name Like a Virgin piece of shit did??? Girl no.

Wtf 😂 no !

She can also be shooting it in a studio or outside Paris. She kind of look like Esmeralda in her red D&G dress.

If she's shooting with Yoan Lemoine (Woodkid) it can be in a studio with dancer being shot outside. There are places in the outskirts of Paris and even IN Paris that look apocalyptic. Some kind of urban decay. They shot parts of the next Hunger Games movie in a suburbean town south of Paris. The theme of the song is something beautiful (love) in the middle of chaos ( a ghosttown).

I think the song in itself is more symbolic than literal. So I wouldn't be surprised if the video had a content of representation of true love depicted in dance with some strange choreography and symbolism.

Kinda like Pink's Try / Sia's Elastic Love?

Madonna's moves are mesmerising and we haven't seen then much lately. So it could work and be quite beautiful.

Who pays for videos these days? Is it Live Nation? I woudl love something cinematic .. the story telling of Hausman, with some surreallness of romanek or cunningham. something a la dali?

Good question... I think the artist does actually. Lady Gaga pays for her own videos. And Madonna said in an interview that she payed for the American Life video out of her own pocket.

Maybe this is why she stopped making real videos

Yes, DrownedMadonna has reported that "Ghosttown" will go to radio on 13 March.

MadonnaTribe previously reported that the video would be released in early April, but that the song would impact radio much sooner.

For me, this timing works quite well. Hopefully the initial push in March gets some traction and then the video will provide a second wind.

I hate these massive delays between radio and video releases. All momentum just fizzles out.

I'd just like her to produce a video which has a storyline or loose narrative, mini film. Bad Girl, Take a Bow, I Want You. Bit boring if it's just gonna be M looking sexy walking around a "ghost town" with cuts to her infront of a wall.

This so much

I don't like that she's releasing the song so long before the video. She should've dropped the song/video the same day.

And this

Daylight is not flattering but she could shoot outside at night, WITH a storyline, please no more studio shot videos

Its not going to be a massive delay! Its getting officially sent to radio March 13 and then the video in early April. That's about 3 or at most 4 weeks. That's very normal. And there be many live performances on youtube (Jonathan Ross, Che Temp Che Fa, Le Grand Journal, Ellen) to hold people over in the mean time.

It's not good to send the song to radio and release the video so much later. One of the reasons LFL didn't get played is because stations said there was no corresponding video.

Also the song is a ballad too and that's not always a guarantee to be compelling to peak interest. Would Wrecking Ball have been nearly the hit it was without the video? Probably not

I feel like Ghosttown needs a big video or something iconic to help promote the song.

^ umm, Vogue, Don't Tell Me, Nothing Really Matters, LFL and Human Nature (just to name few) are studio videos and they are amazing and very iconic. I don't mind either way, but to say "it's over" for doing another studio video is just ridiculous.

There are rumors that Madonna left Paris today for LA... If it's true, no video in Paris then!