Where to after Live Nation?

mtzlplk

I know this may seem a little too advanced but her contract with Live Nation ends in 2017... Do you see any reliable record company that she could jump to after Live Nation? I haven't been following who's the best of the best record company nowadays that handles their artists well...

I can't see her going back to a record company. I think she's fine under Live Nation, after all, she's a showgirl! :stir:

I don't see her continuing with the big arena tours after her contract is up.

I think she may continue to perform. She has put out some hints, such as making sure she can perform the new songs with just a guitar. And in interviews joking about wanting to be a stand up comedian and tell stories.

People always say she couldn't make it with just her voice. But if she did smaller performances similar to her promo tour appearances, her hardcore fans would definitely line up for it.

It will be interesting to watch who will bid to sign her at age 59... she may yet still set another record for record deals at her age... i hope she still has enough energy till she's 65 to at least productions like LFL Brits..

i can't believe Madonna is now older than Rue McClanahan when she was doing Golden Girls... Madonna seems 10 to 15 years younger

She'll sign with Live Nation. Different contract though. Guy O's rebooted Maverick is in 50/50 partnership with Live Nation

What exactly is Maverick now? I've just checked out their website and they're involved with a whole host of artists that have never been associated with Maverick before (e.g. Britney Spears, Pharrell, Paul McCartney, One Republic....).

Guy would have to pull some serious strings to score another 360 deal with LN, since they're not offering them any more. It will be interesting to see what happens. Warners didn't want to lose her back in 2008, but they couldn't pay her what Live Nation was offering her, so they bowed out.

Maverick is now a super music PR firm, they overlook what Live Nation offered in their deals : the publicity and management of the artists. Guy got ALL the biggest managers in the music business together to join the new Maverick. It's just PR & Management. Not records.

Madonna does not need a touring contract with obiglations. She can tour whenever she wants to, there's always gonna be a demand even if it's not stadiums anymore. She should not sign a recording contract either and just record when she feels like it not just because she has to (mdna) to go on tour & fulfill a contract.

The music business is changing so fast who knows where it will stand in 2 years ?

well i've thought about this question before. my preferred option is that she signs a live nation/universal or live nation/warner deal. it could probably be a 3 album 3 tour deal. in an ideal coalition deal that i propose, live nation takes care of the tour portion of the deal while either universal or warner takes care of the music portion of the deal. the licensing and merchandising is split between the 2 companies. with a bigger stake by a music label, it would give them more incentives to promote madonna's music more properly, and madonna would get enough support from 2 giant music companies. i much prefer her going back to warner than universal though, since it's obvious they do better madonna promotion, and that they hold her catalog, while madonna holds her catalog from her universal era. but this is all wishful thinking haha.

Maverick is now a super music PR firm, they overlook what Live Nation offered in their deals : the publicity and management of the artists. Guy got ALL the biggest managers in the music business together to join the new Maverick. It's just PR & Management. Not records.

Thank you! I just found an article about it :)

I don't see her continuing with the big arena tours after her contract is up.

I think she may continue to perform. She has put out some hints, such as making sure she can perform the new songs with just a guitar. And in interviews joking about wanting to be a stand up comedian and tell stories.

People always say she couldn't make it with just her voice. But if she did smaller performances similar to her promo tour appearances, her hardcore fans would definitely line up for it.

See, I don't think Madonna will tour unless it is a huge spectacle......just as she's always done. Like someone else said, she is a showgirl and I honestly think a minimalist tour wouldn't be satisfying for her. I don't think she purposely made songs she can play with just a guitar for the purpose of doing scaled back, "unplugged" type tours. I feel like she did it to focus on the SONG, melodies etc and not just the bells and whistles of production. In fact, her pure enthusiasm for creating songs from their bare bones minimum shows shes as interested as ever in the process of creating music.......which is something some of her moronic fans have said she lost interest in with the past couple albums (which I personally feel is an idiotic presumption IMO but anyways...).

And the record company ship has sailed. This underlying hope that a record company is going to miraculously put Madonna back into the singles charts and on radio again will never happen. That time is over.

Had she stayed with Warner, she would probably still be having decently-sized hit singles, but she and Guy probably suspected that this would be jeoparised when they signed with LN.

I think Madonna might come back to Warners. She may stop touring for a while. I think she is trying to figure out to make money off of film making. As she becomes a full time movie director, she will continue to record albums, make music videos and performing. But after she's through with LN, we probably wont see her touring for a while. I also don't think she will do a fair well tour. So basically, we have this tour and one more. After that she may tour but not for every album she will make.

Can someone answer this?

A greatest hits album under Interscope, so basically a cd single consisting of 4 minutes :) kidding, have no idea? Do the live albums count as an album?

Had she stayed with Warner, she would probably still be having decently-sized hit singles, but she and Guy probably suspected that this would be jeoparised when they signed with LN.

I highly doubt it, unfortunately. :(

Can someone answer this?

She signed a contract with Interscope for 3 studio albums and Live Nation for 3 tours. The year 2017 is the date by which the contract is supposed to be fulfilled. We've had MDNA and now we're on album 2. That means she will have to release the 3rd one in early 2017.

She signed a contract with Interscope for 3 studio albums and Live Nation for 3 tours. The year 2017 is the date by which the contract is supposed to be fulfilled. We've had MDNA and now we're on album 2. That means she will have to release the 3rd one in early 2017.

YYYYAAAAASSS I'm excited for the next release and I'm expecting a big change this time since she's been doing straightforward pop for a whole decade!

She doesn't owe any albums at all! That has been made very clear form the beginning, only thing is

they would automatically tie in with the tours & b part of the merchandising deal under LN, so

part of that music revenue would go 2 LN as well...although with MDNA (album) :chuckle:

Share holders did some serious frowning upon that deal, M obviously bagged a lot.

But 360 deals r OVER. they r now like Laser Discs :D

She doesn't owe any albums at all! That has been made very clear form the beginning, only thing is

they would automatically tie in with the tours & b part of the merchandising deal under LN, so

part of that music revenue would go 2 LN as well...although with MDNA (album) :chuckle:

Share holders did some serious frowning upon that deal, M obviously bagged a lot.

But 360 deals r OVER. they r now like Laser Discs :D

That's just it isn't it? All the big names that signed up to 360 deals like U2, Madonna and, erm, Shakira have faced difficulties in selling records as a consequence.

I wonder if she'll go for a more conventional / flexible / independent route this after this deal is over, especially if she wants to carry on directing films and exploring other avenues..