Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

No one answered my question!

Can anyone figure out what she says to herself at 4.59 when she is holding the horns at the end?

It looks like it starts with a W

These fvcking assh0les always spin the story to something worse. I don't know why they hate her so much! I'm appalled by the amount of hatred. Cuz she got all the attention from the Brit Awards and they have nothing to write about?

You both nailed it. When we were watching it live in real time, it was like it went on much longer than it actually did. And it was as if we were all going through it with her. And it's just such an odd feeling because it happened to someone you'd never think something like that would ever happen to. It really has woken many, particularly myself, up to her very real fragility...not just as an icon, but as a human being.

But I can't do what others here are doing in watching the fall so many times over. I can watch the rest of the performance, sure...but I have to skip the fall. It was just one of those things that I can't relive...

Yes, totally. The thing is, it wasn't just like an ordinary fall where you slip and are floored momentarily and then quickly recover. After she fell, you really didn't know what was going to happen next. Was she hurt? Would she carry on? Would they cut to commercials or the presenters? That moment of uncertainty is what made it genuinely dramatic. And shocking, for someone who's so famously in control of everything. In the Daily Mail today, they say 'The world is still reeling from the event(s)...' which is typical over the top tabloid talk but, for once, it actually feels true.

I just read in a Spanish newspaper her thoughts on the fall, on the Johnatan Ross , but i didn't find anything here ni this forum ¿?¿?¿¿?¿

I translate from Spanish:

Well, she says that her back didn't hurt, but her cervicals. That she got a big hit on the head. That she had to spend long time after the show with a doctor so it was clear that she didn't suffer damage.

She says that it was a nightmare to fall on a performance, because she loves giving a very difficult performance that in the end it's shown as something simple and magical "Instead i gave a frightening moment for everyone".

http://www.elmundo.es/loc/2015/02/27/54f0537ee2704e140b8b4577.html

EDIT: oh, i found it in the Johnathan Ross thread. Yes, i'm a mong. Sorry guys :chuckle:

Have you also noticed the despicable word-play with the titled "Cunning Stunt"? Typical newspaper phonetic mix-up.

It's hardly despicable, it's a very english headline, cunning stunt is rhyming slang and is taken lightly

claim fans? fans? we were in shock, scared....just hateful papers like them would insinuate something like this to be a stunt. and then claiming it was the fans who think this.

TRASH..

It's so stupid. I don't know any M fans that think this is a stunt. What BS.

Can I just say that it's friday now and she's still a TT in my country on twitter? I didn't watch anything on tv to ignore people mocking her though, but I assume she's a huge topic everywhere even today.

Can I just say that it's friday now and she's still a TT in my country on twitter? I didn't watch anything on tv to ignore people mocking her though, but I assume she's a huge topic everywhere even today.

I doubt they were mocking her. I still havent' seen any good media mocking Madonna, they only praise her.

um omega symbol, also can be interpreted as the beginning of the end, march is coming.

And she fell. Not gonna lie, I love her but I laughed. But I also think it was planned. Because of the whole "let me fall down" "watched me stumble" bits.

She's a business woman!

No one in their right mind is going to say, "Hey, I think I'll get choked, fall backwards in an awkward position, and bust my head on the ground." That is ridiculous. That was a DANGEROUS fall and it was obvious that she was stunned for a second. Besides, if it was "planned" they wouldn't have put the doubled-vocals in the background during that part.