Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

I love the WHOLE performance. Fall included. I watched it yesterday HD like 6 times in a row, it's incredible. That fall is incredibly symbolic. The strenght afterwards. The shock she had you feel it in her voice. After the first chorus, she has recovered, she even smile and i even feel she sees the comical thing and you can hear a bit of laughter in her voice.

The ending is EVERYTHING

And by the way, the cape is pull off by those 2 asian girls. First of all, those girls are SO GREAT, incredibly good addition to the performance, their movements, the facial expressions, the atittude, love it. But you have to laugh when one of them looks at Madonna after she falls. She has TERROR in her eyes, hahahahahaha

Hector, your signature is my FAVORITE part of the grammy performance. I was soooo disappointed that they cut to Kim K. during the part on the Brit Awards. :(

Yes. Overall, the Brits performance is far better than the Grammys. But the edition of the British TV is a mess. Too many general planes of the venue and that Kardashian moment is truly the worst idea.

In my opinion the reason its so traumatizing for us to see the fall is because its Madonna. THE MADONNA! Yes she has had mishaps and stuff like on tour but thats different because she is with her fans and all that but it has never really happened to her on a live award show and the media is all over it again because its MADONNA the icon, the legend, the queen. She has always delivered when it comes to performances so when this happened it was shocking for us and for the rest of the world..

Absolutely. It sounds ridiculous but it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me in that moment. I said earlier, for anyone watching live... we took that fall with Madonna, only she recovered much faster than the rest of us. Love her!

You both nailed it. When we were watching it live in real time, it was like it went on much longer than it actually did. And it was as if we were all going through it with her. And it's just such an odd feeling because it happened to someone you'd never think something like that would ever happen to. It really has woken many, particularly myself, up to her very real fragility...not just as an icon, but as a human being.

But I can't do what others here are doing in watching the fall so many times over. I can watch the rest of the performance, sure...but I have to skip the fall. It was just one of those things that I can't relive...

I love the WHOLE performance. Fall included. I watched it yesterday HD like 6 times in a row, it's incredible. That fall is incredibly symbolic. The strenght afterwards. The shock she had you feel it in her voice. After the first chorus, she has recovered, she even smile and i even feel she sees the comical thing and you can hear a bit of laughter in her voice.

The ending is EVERYTHING

And by the way, the cape is pull off by those 2 asian girls. First of all, those girls are SO GREAT, incredibly good addition to the performance, their movements, the facial expressions, the atittude, love it. But you have to laugh when one of them looks at Madonna after she falls. She has TERROR in her eyes, hahahahahaha

I love those Asian Girls ! They added something extra to the performance and they looked great ! As for Madonna this too is one my fav performances of her s( Yes Fall included ) .

She just soldiered on with Gusto and Bravado !

More like 'smile' to keep from crying. I have no doubt that she found absolutely nothing comical about what happened to her and it completely fucked up her whole mood for the rest of the performance. The only reason she was able to carry on and act like she's fine was because she's such a professional. I doubt anyone else in her place would've been able to do it.

It was the first time in a loooong time that I saw Madonna as a human being capable of getting hurt and let's not forget she's also a mother of 4. Thank god she was alright afterwards.

That article she wrote is one of the best I have ever read about Madonna. Brilliant, insightful and spot on.

It really is brilliant! So articulate and brutal in its honest assessment of the hatred directed at M. Some people really need to stop and reevaluate their lives. It's a disgrace quite frankly.

10898331_10153387760594863_5699039400864

William Orbit

Page Liked · 4 hrs ·

I thoroughly enjoyed last night at the Brits, not ever having been to one before.

At the finale, I was right by the stage watching Madonna, riveted and feeling exalted to see her, (imho, shes just made one heck of an album! : - ) but didnt catch the tumble because at that very moment my attention was drawn briefly to a lady by me with her back to the show watching on her cellphone (???)

Then right after the song I had an tumble of my own. Was sitting next to Guy Oseary, got up for a better view, and somehow tripped over something and landed right in the lap of someone else, Ouch. For both parties I assume. I looked up to see who Id crashed into and it was Kanye! He just grinned sportingly and said Id better not have any more to drink.

The reality is that Ive not had a drop in 18 months, but to my chagrin remain embarrassingly clumsy. And it was dark there amongst those tightly packed tables. Im already clear in my mind that West is a brilliant man who just runs with his feelings - not that it grabs headlines or anything it, but Ive run my big mouth off enough times to know how that happens, and hey were all just human and excited to be blessed with the buzz of being in this game. But the upshot is that I now have even more respect for the man. (some people would have just glared at me!)

That has to be the best job in the world - flame thrower operative in Kanyes gang!

Now, as for M, [this is after that fall], I was thinking to myself how extraordinarily tight her moves are. The scarves flick thing for instance. Just watch that bit. With the two oriental dancers.

The backwards moment is todays big talking point, but as any performing musician knows, these things happen if you take risks in the inherently dangerous environment of any stage, in the heat of the moment. No matter how rehearsed. When she and I last worked together wed run through the songs together on our acoustic guitars and I found timing to be way better than mine, and mine aint bad (she says its because she started her musical life as a drummer)

So, even though shes all muscle, a fall like thats gotta hurt. But to bounce back up, barely skipping a beat is really something. Dont forget that when she had that rocking horse on the cowboy hat tour and got a hernia (as you might on one of those things) she carried on with the tour, with not a murmur of complaint. She should be in the army! And dont call me a Stan. I just appreciate talent and call it as I see it.

That's actually very sweet :inlove:

It's good to see a positive in every misfortune. What happened at the Brits should be a wake up call for her team to make sure her safety always comes first. She doesn't always have to out-do herself. She's done enough of that. That fall could have potentially finished her career as a performer.

Tracey Thorn (Everything but the Girl) about the Brits and MADONNA.

With my Mum-face on I think that Paloma Faith holding a microphone in the pouring rain is a health and safety nightmare, but it turns out that the accident waiting to happen is an unforeseen one, involving stairs, a cape and a dancing bull. Madonna falls over, giving the evening its longed-for news angle. Seated only yards from the stage I hear the crash as she goes down, most shocking of all being the heavy ker-THUMP of her mic hitting the floor. Golly, I think, that mics actually. Not a given nowadays and quite a thrill.

What is most remarkable though, and confirms everything Ive ever thought about the indestructible will-to-power of Stars, is her recovery. Have you ever fallen flat on your back? I have once, on the slippery decking outside my back door, and on landing whiplashed and winded did what you would do, and burst into tears of self-pity. Which is why Im not a global superstar with a decades-spanning career, and neither are you.

Wow...all these eloquent write-ups :wow: I'm literally floored by these beautiful truths. It's fantastic :cries:

OMG guys the National Rail in the UK tweeted this after the performance:

National Rail

@nationalrailenq

To the dancer who pulled #Madonna from the stage...check your train times here...http://t.co/ZFz2pfGCDy #BRITAwards2015 #lasttrain

:dead: :dead: :dead:

yaasssss! Even the rail networks love her!

She is really devoloping the minotaur/bullfighting theme beautifully. The choreography is BRILLIANT. The moves so precise, the matador pose, with the back arched. The beautiful costume.

And she looks so beautiful with her hairdo undone.

The choreography is the best she's done ever for an awards show ,jason young her former dancer is choreographing her now ,yes?

Music and Hung Up was great because it was incredibly effective, but this level of art and dance hasn't been seen since the 90s.

Music and Hung Up was great because it was incredibly effective, but this level of art and dance hasn't been seen since the 90s.

no wonder why she's terribly dissapointed of the fall ..i feel her