Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

Did anyone notice that Madonna hired these famous vogue dancers for the performance?

CAN YOU IMAGINE MADONNA PERFORMING VOGUE LIKE THIS ON THE NEW TOUR :dramatic:

wow really god. :vogue::vogue:

Since I know some of us are still shaken up...watch this vid - trust me, you'll feel better when you do -

Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm crying of laughter!!! Hahahahaha hahahahaha

Guest bluejean

I get the feeling most of them didn't even realise it had happened since they were crouched down in position performing and she got up and kept going before you could barely blink. The girl behind her look horrified. I think she's the one that pulled the cape :lol:

Taylor Swift’s BRITs dancer: “It’s strange Madonna’s dancers didn’t help her”

What did you make of the Madonna fall? None of the dancers seemed to react to her fall – were they just being professional?

Its funny you mention the dancers’ reaction because I have watched it a couple of times since and find that bit very odd that they didn’t grab her and help her up. Maybe because it was planned? Controversial. Everyone is talking about it though so planned or not planned it worked!

What an ignorant and horrible comment to make. More likely, this dancer is jealous as Madonna's performance stole the spotlight from everyone there, including Taylor's performance. Apart from the fact the dancers would have been stunned themselves, there is usually an understanding that dancers don't stop what they are doing when someone falls, so not to further derail the sequence of the performance. I have seen quite a few falls in dance routines in musicals and always have noticed that the cast don't stop what they are doing. It is not to be heartless, but unless someone is lying there crying with pain, the option is to continue the performance if possible as if nothing happened and that is exactly what Madonna and her dancers did.

Brilliant. I'll copy paste the article here so no one misses it.

Madonna is superhuman. She has to be to survive the ugly abuse

Bidisha

No wonder Madonna took her Brit awards fall in her stride – she deals with much worse just for being a 56-year-old woman

Madonna was at the Brits, performing her totally boss I Will Survive-style single Living for Love, when it happened. “Took me to heaven, let me fall down … lifted me up and watched me stumble.”

So she prophesied it, and so it came to pass. It wasn’t a trip or a tumble. It wasn’t funny; it was terrifying and so brutal that the audience fell silent. It was the kind of accident that breaks necks, damages brains and haunts Cirque du Soleil performers’ nightmares. The Armani cape Madonna was wearing as she approached the podium was tied too tight and didn’t fall undone when her dancers pulled it. She was yanked back by the neck and flew through the air over three steps, landed hard at the base of the podium and for a split second didn’t move.

Watching at home, my heart stopped. Is that all it takes to kill a queen? Milanese outerwear?

The hateful hashtags #shefellover, #Fallenmadonna, immediately began toxifying Twitter: “I get it, Madonna. My grandma is exactly the same.” “I hope grandma’s ok. A broken hip at her age could be a death sentence.”

But as Madonna also sang last night, “I picked up my crown, put it back on my head. I can forgive, but I will never forget.” After a fall like that, anyone else would roll around screaming in agony then look for someone to blame.

She drew on a higher power: herself. Showing her famous mental and physical strength, she got to her feet, picked up the choreography and tune, un-lip-synced and note perfect – as the isolated vocals from her performance at the Grammys show – and finished triumphantly.

That is the Madonna I’ve loved for ever, starting with the flamenco moves of La Isla Bonita. They say you’re not supposed to believe the hype. But with some people, the mythos is real. She has mystique, the rare bulletproof real-deal charisma. She has never been defined by men and has always advocated for other women, pointing out in her upcoming Rolling Stone cover interview that “people like to pit women against each other”.

But it’s not just about individualistic survival ability, sisterliness or externals like Vogue style or Desperately Seeking Susan attitude. Madonna is not worthy of respect simply for surviving, having sass or cannily working out how to play every capitalist angle. She has a brilliant and indeed record-breaking talent in her discipline, which is music. She’s been making great albums including Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor throughout her career, and the latest, Rebel Heart, is up there with them; she is “in the game again”, as The Telegraph says.

But how many times does Madonna have to prove that she’s a worthy player? How many times does she have to break records by selling more, touring more lucratively, flexing harder than everyone else on the planet? Her many colleagues have paid tribute to her exceptional skills as a producer, songwriter, lyricist; but whenever Madonna successfully works with a male producer it is he who is given the credit.

Where her abilities are not ignored, imputed to men or praised in passing as though they have now faded, they are actively mocked. I loved her film WE, comparing it favourably with the risible King’s Speech, where the women were two doting wives with barely a line between them and Wallis Simpson was a depraved shrew. I saw WE with a historian friend who was astounded by its accuracy and detail; I loved the women characters, the aesthetic, the mournful realism behind the romance. It’s a feminist film, psychologically acute.

But she was brutally mocked in the reviews. And that laughter is growing louder and crueller and uglier, as the Twitter response to her fall illustrated. Madonna’s longevity was first admired and is now actively sabotaged by editorials which never fail to mention her age, as though it is something to be ashamed of. I am shocked by the uninflected scorn, the derision and foul-mouthed trashing she is dealt, and how much of it is grossly visceral: hatred of her flesh, physicality, sexual confidence, athleticism, ambition, her preference for Latin spunkbots, her alternating bossiness and vulnerability and romanticism and eroticism and playfulness, her performance ability and hunger. All the things which were once admired about her are now used to bash her and make her appear laughable or monstrous or desperate.

Madonna is no stranger to misogyny. She is a rape survivor and a domestic assault survivor. How much worse is this going to get?

Madonna is only 56. She is in the prime of her life, she has power, talent, experience and wisdom, in addition to her natural intelligence and rigour. She is about to release her 13th album – one of her best yet. The things she is ordered to do – age gracefully, put it away, retire, crawl away and die – have behind them a desire to shame, permanently destroy and negate this woman who dares to be vocal and visible, physical and political.

In order to withstand this, one would have to be superhuman. Luckily, Madonna is.

But why should anyone have to swallow the world’s unstinting hatred when she wants to be remembered for her brilliant artistry?

What an ignorant and horrible comment to make. More likely, this dancer is jealous as Madonna's performance stole the spotlight from everyone there, including Taylor's performance. Apart from the fact the dancers would have been stunned themselves, there is usually an understanding that dancers don't stop what they are doing when someone falls, so not to further derail the sequence of the performance. I have seen quite a few falls in dance routines in musicals and always have noticed that the cast don't stop what they are doing. It is not to be heartless, but unless someone is lying there crying with pain, the option is to continue the performance if possible as if nothing happened and that is exactly what Madonna and her dancers did.

Very good points. :thumbsup:

Brilliant. I'll copy paste the article here so no one misses it.

Madonna is superhuman. She has to be to survive the ugly abuse

Bidisha

No wonder Madonna took her Brit awards fall in her stride – she deals with much worse just for being a 56-year-old woman

Madonna was at the Brits, performing her totally boss I Will Survive-style single Living for Love, when it happened. “Took me to heaven, let me fall down … lifted me up and watched me stumble.”

So she prophesied it, and so it came to pass. It wasn’t a trip or a tumble. It wasn’t funny; it was terrifying and so brutal that the audience fell silent. It was the kind of accident that breaks necks, damages brains and haunts Cirque du Soleil performers’ nightmares. The Armani cape Madonna was wearing as she approached the podium was tied too tight and didn’t fall undone when her dancers pulled it. She was yanked back by the neck and flew through the air over three steps, landed hard at the base of the podium and for a split second didn’t move.

Watching at home, my heart stopped. Is that all it takes to kill a queen? Milanese outerwear?

The hateful hashtags #shefellover, #Fallenmadonna, immediately began toxifying Twitter: “I get it, Madonna. My grandma is exactly the same.” “I hope grandma’s ok. A broken hip at her age could be a death sentence.”

But as Madonna also sang last night, “I picked up my crown, put it back on my head. I can forgive, but I will never forget.” After a fall like that, anyone else would roll around screaming in agony then look for someone to blame.

She drew on a higher power: herself. Showing her famous mental and physical strength, she got to her feet, picked up the choreography and tune, un-lip-synced and note perfect – as the isolated vocals from her performance at the Grammys show – and finished triumphantly.

That is the Madonna I’ve loved for ever, starting with the flamenco moves of La Isla Bonita. They say you’re not supposed to believe the hype. But with some people, the mythos is real. She has mystique, the rare bulletproof real-deal charisma. She has never been defined by men and has always advocated for other women, pointing out in her upcoming Rolling Stone cover interview that “people like to pit women against each other”.

But it’s not just about individualistic survival ability, sisterliness or externals like Vogue style or Desperately Seeking Susan attitude. Madonna is not worthy of respect simply for surviving, having sass or cannily working out how to play every capitalist angle. She has a brilliant and indeed record-breaking talent in her discipline, which is music. She’s been making great albums including Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor throughout her career, and the latest, Rebel Heart, is up there with them; she is “in the game again”, as The Telegraph says.

But how many times does Madonna have to prove that she’s a worthy player? How many times does she have to break records by selling more, touring more lucratively, flexing harder than everyone else on the planet? Her many colleagues have paid tribute to her exceptional skills as a producer, songwriter, lyricist; but whenever Madonna successfully works with a male producer it is he who is given the credit.

Where her abilities are not ignored, imputed to men or praised in passing as though they have now faded, they are actively mocked. I loved her film WE, comparing it favourably with the risible King’s Speech, where the women were two doting wives with barely a line between them and Wallis Simpson was a depraved shrew. I saw WE with a historian friend who was astounded by its accuracy and detail; I loved the women characters, the aesthetic, the mournful realism behind the romance. It’s a feminist film, psychologically acute.

But she was brutally mocked in the reviews. And that laughter is growing louder and crueller and uglier, as the Twitter response to her fall illustrated. Madonna’s longevity was first admired and is now actively sabotaged by editorials which never fail to mention her age, as though it is something to be ashamed of. I am shocked by the uninflected scorn, the derision and foul-mouthed trashing she is dealt, and how much of it is grossly visceral: hatred of her flesh, physicality, sexual confidence, athleticism, ambition, her preference for Latin spunkbots, her alternating bossiness and vulnerability and romanticism and eroticism and playfulness, her performance ability and hunger. All the things which were once admired about her are now used to bash her and make her appear laughable or monstrous or desperate.

Madonna is no stranger to misogyny. She is a rape survivor and a domestic assault survivor. How much worse is this going to get?

Madonna is only 56. She is in the prime of her life, she has power, talent, experience and wisdom, in addition to her natural intelligence and rigour. She is about to release her 13th album – one of her best yet. The things she is ordered to do – age gracefully, put it away, retire, crawl away and die – have behind them a desire to shame, permanently destroy and negate this woman who dares to be vocal and visible, physical and political.

In order to withstand this, one would have to be superhuman. Luckily, Madonna is.

But why should anyone have to swallow the world’s unstinting hatred when she wants to be remembered for her brilliant artistry?

Damn, I love this article! Especially the last paragraph. :bow:

am i bad i laughed??? i saw much drama here (justified of course).

when it all started i had some bad feeling...ii seemed to me she had some problem untying that cape....and when i saw it i was first in shock (it seemed an eternity before she get up on her feet....) and i outright feared the telecast would have stopped...then i saw her with a trembling voice starting back singing and was relieved....(and then when she sung "lift me up and watch me stumble...i'm gonna carry on", yes ok, i laughed!!!) and than she followed with that amazing and intricate choreo.....only her....(it happened to me 1) i'd stayed there on the ground for at least an hour screaming, 2) even imagin i was able to get up...i wouldn't be able to remember the words, the choreo.....).

and finally i noticed her smiling with the horns on her hands!!!!!

:bow::bow:

immediately after i rewatched the perf....really....the dancer had no fault and seemed she reacted instinctively well...putting down the feet on the lower step then falling on her side on the floor to attenuate the impact...and, while at first it seemed an eternity, in reality she got up immediately after...she didn't need any help...(i read here people herd screms...i didn't hear anything, if not the sound of the microphone crashing...)...

i'm still amazed and in awe!!!!!!

that choreo is really amazing, her dancers are amazing, she's from another planet!!!!!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

That article she wrote is one of the best I have ever read about Madonna. Brilliant, insightful and spot on.

I think she wrote a fiercely defensive article after the adoption-saga 2.

And coming from the Guardian of all places ???? The writer is gonna get fired.

I think Madonna just turned a bad situation into a very good thing. She can't lose. Even if at first people were making ageist jokes in fact she proved the contrary, if you watch the fall it's pretty impressive and anyone any age would have hurt really bad, she showed that she's in top form and for her, age is just a number. She did not trip or missed, she got yacked backwards and survived and danced and sang away.

I just woke up and first thing i heard, on local news of all things, "Madonna fell on stage..." i swear my heart stopped. i was so worried. was running late for work but damn I had to check on here what happened first.. So glad know she's alright and so proud how she carried on! :queenbitch::iloveyou:M!!