Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

Yes I had an ominous feeling. I think watching her climb the steps with the heavy cape tensed behind her, it just looked very precarious, and then seeing her struggling to untie it you kind of knew what was about to happen.

I think what bothered me most about the fall wasn't that she got embarassed or whatever (though I certainly felt embarassed for her), it's becuz we've all heard her say time and again how nervous she gets, how much she wants things to go right, how hard she is on herself, etc.

So watching her perform afterward, as well as she did, was kind of bittersweet. On instagram she is making light of it, and of course it's not the end of the world. But look how many of the FANS got rattled by what happened. It makes me wonder what was going through her head! Ugh.

I guess it has really humanized her in my mind, so it's weird processing that. I realized how I never thought abojt Madonna the woman. I always saw her as something else, myth, or a character out of a story. Never 100% human like this. So to go from that to seeing her as a vulnerable, rattled person, has been totally trippy.

Anyway. Love her, hope this fuels a great comeback for her.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is exactly what I've been feeling, but couldn't find the words to get out.

I think a lot of the time for us as the fans we don't want to humanise her because we idolise her so much. So when something like this happens it's a massive shock to our system because A) it's her and B) we're also automatically worried that it could be really worse. And to be fair the fall looked really nasty. I was just hoping that she didn't break anything or didn't have a head injury to be honest.

For a split second when she was getting up I thought the lights would go out and the whole thing would be terminated. But of course she is the most professional of them ALL and just carried on with the show. It's given me a whole other layer of respect and awe for her.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This sums up everything so well.

yes, it was nobody's fault, I agree

but damn I KNEW she was gonna have problems with the knot of the cape

I swear I felt I had a premonition or something

I hate to also be one of 'those people'...but I had the same feelings. How weird is that? It started before the whole performance for me...there was a nervousness I had that I don't usually have for Madonna performances... I can't really explain it. And then her putting out there that she was so nervous...and we know how nervous she actually gets with events like this... And then the fall...it was almost eerie how it played...

I'm blown away (in a positive way)...but I still can't shake the pit in my stomach... it's still there.

Not jumping on the bandwagon, I really did sense something was 'off', too. I think it's more to do with us , as fans, being as anxious as she is before and during her performances. Like proud parents we want to see her do well and get through each moment perfectly.

There was something weird about the first lines of the song once she turned around with the cape on, and it caught me off guard because the entrance was beautifully executed and her live vocal at the beginning sounded so good. But you could tell that she was struggling while standing perfectly still and then the next thing you knew she just went flying backwards off of the steps.

So happy that common sense has colored most of the reporting on this matter and she really did "walk the walk" by immediately getting up and giving THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT.

Breaking my lurking status to show my support to Her Madge.

What a tumble - still hurts - but most of all, what a recovery. Madonna at 56 and 1,50m falls backwards from a flight of stairs and gets on with a show and puts an amazing performance. A muscular pro footballer gets a bump in the shoulder and stays down in fetal position for ten minutes.

Who's got the balls?

Safe to say that we could all tell something was weird when she reached the steps. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that she was practically facing away from the cameras and not moving as she sang. That was the moment where my brain was like "something's not right." I think she knew the whole time that things were about to go haywire.

There was something weird about the first lines of the song once she turned around with the cape on, and it caught me off guard because the entrance was beautifully executed and her live vocal at the beginning sounded so good.

Yes I thought that too. It was almost as if she was already distracted or rattled by something, which made me think perhaps it had already occurred to her that it might be tied too tight halfway down her entrance along the catwalk, but it was too late to do anything about it and she was just hoping for the best.

I don't idolise anyone, not even Madonna. It's always obvious to me that she's human.

But her music and artistry are extremely important to me as they've helped me when I've been at low points in my life.

And I've grown to admire her chutzpah and integrity, while being embarrassed by some of the things she's done.

This incident was a shock just because of how potentially fatal it looked and I don't know how I'd manage without looking forward to her music in my life. And also the fact that I know she gives 100% as an artist always so I feel her pain that it didn't go as planned.

Safe to say that we could all tell something was weird when she reached the steps. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that she was practically facing away from the cameras and not moving as she sang. That was the moment where my brain was like "something's not right." I think she knew the whole time that things were about to go haywire.

I agree. I think by then it was too late to signal for the dancers not to pull the cape and she probably thought (in those 1-2 seconds) that it may still come off.

My poor Nonni. I just want to give her a hug. :(

I hate to also be one of 'those people'...but I had the same feelings. How weird is that? It started before the whole performance for me...there was a nervousness I had that I don't usually have for Madonna performances... I can't really explain it. And then her putting out there that she was so nervous...and we know how nervous she actually gets with events like this... And then the fall...it was almost eerie how it played...

My feelings exactly. I wasn't so nervous for her not even when she performed at the superbowl. Both times at the grammy and brit performances I felt weirdly anxious and literally sick to my stomach.I felt like I was having a fucking heart attack, I don't wanna go through that ever again :|

I agree. I think by then it was too late to signal for the dancers not to pull the cape and she probably thought (in those 1-2 seconds) that it may still come off.

My poor Nonni. I just want to give her a hug. :(

Yeah, I almost think she underestimated their strength and thought they may tug but that she'd stay in place and carry on figuring out a way to lose the cape later in the performance than intended.

Otherwise, with the risk involved with a fall like this she would have stopped and just said "don't pull" before their cue to avoid it altogether.

What happened happened, and she handled it like an athlete, a professional, an ICON.

Wright Stuff talked about her, he usually bad mouths M but he was positive saying she was a trouper.

One of the guest said "note to footballers, she fell down a flight of stairs and cracked on" lol!

If she did suspect what was about to happen, then I really admire her courage for taking the gamble that it might turn out okay so that it wouldn't spoil the intended performance. If she'd tried to deal with it before it happened we'd probably all be talking about that weird moment when she panicked and fumbled with her cape right now.

Nobody would understand how I feel so I'm thankful for this forum. It's kinda weird but I just FEEL bad for her. Not that she needs me to but I hated it and will not reward it. And sorry to be a bummer but I seriously find NOTHING remotely funny about it @illmatic_af

Even my partner, who doesn't care for M at all, said to me after the fact that he had a feeling something would go wrong with the performance. I didn't though...I was keenly watching and waiting for Ghostown to start followed by a 3 song medley :lmao:

So I just re-watched it. I don't think it registered to me how painful that probably was. She's good at hiding it but she seemed for a spilt second like the breath was taken out of her. For those first few moments afterwards she was probably dancing and singing through so much pain and it hardly showed (despite the initial shakiness of her voice, which is understandable). I didn't even think it was possible but I am somehow more proud and in awe of her than before. I just want to cry and give her a big hug.

SO TRUE!

Guest bluejean

I find it strange how she's had such bad luck with this project so far. First the leaks and now this. It's almost like there's people trying to sabotage her. Imagine the camera pans down and there's Lady Gaga disguised as one of Madonna's backing dancers :chuckle:

Although in saying that it is not ruining the era for me. It's shaping up to be one of her best yet! Love the matador theme even more in this performance.

And I LOVED the new instrumental breakdown part.

i think we all freaked and don't think its funny at all because the fall was scary. the dark imagery and the music when she walked didn't help, it was all very... dramatic and theatrical, if you know what i mean. not another cute dance performance like say into the groove or something else

Even my partner, who doesn't care for M at all, said to me after the fact that he had a feeling something would go wrong with the performance. I didn't though...I was keenly watching and waiting for Ghostown to start followed by a 3 song medley :lmao:

Me neither. I clearly don't have superpowers :lmao::lmao:

Oh, and it's true, we haven't commented that THERE WAS NO MEDLEY AT ALL!!!!

it was a shock moment

I felt really bad

Today I have seen the perfomence a few times

and I thought how she saved the situation..

unique!

the choreography was amazing

long live the queen

Guest bluejean

I know I'll cop it for admitting this but the second time I watched the fall I did laugh out loud. I know I know it's wrong but there is just something funny about people falling. If she'd hurt herself it would be a different matter of course.

There are Gaga fans celebrating this on Twitter and Tumblr saying that Gaga's spell is finally working. I have not been this frustrated at their ignorance and stupidity for the longest time! I'm sorry I'm typing about this here. It's just making me want to cry how people are so full of hate.

Posted by Braby on chart thread, thought I should post here.

The BRIT Awards on ITV had an average audience of 5.8 million (up 1 million from last year). The show peaked with 6.8m viewers (34% share) during Madonna's performance.

omg me too, I was like, where the fuck is Into the Groove

:rotfl: