Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I don't think Madonna can get away with charging as much as the Rolling Stones imo

Her relevance in this country has diminished over the years and she's not going to win back fans by ripping them off.

I just don't think she will sell out if they charge up to $600 or more.

I love Madonna but I don't want to pay much more than $300 so I guess I'll need my binoculars LOL

If she does arenas in Sydney and Melbourne only how many fricken shows is she going to do?

I'm confident a tour will sell really well down under. Now I know she's not popular with a young crowd and alot of the bitchy old queens have disowned her HOWEVER we need to consider this is an artist that FUCK LOADS of people in their 20's, 30's and 40's grew up with. That's multiple generations most of whom have never seen her in concert. It's not all teens and gays that would go to a Madonna concert. She has a much wider audience than you may think, just because they don't buy her recent albums doesn't mean people won't rush to see her in concert. There are the fans from the 80's then there are all the Ray of Lighters, Confessions kids etc etc.

Remember when Prince went down under afew years back the tour was a big success. And he hasn't had a hit since the 90's. And he'd toured there last in 2003.

I do think she should do at least Brisbane as well. And Auckland.

Very true. one main point why Prince is so popular is he performs all his old hits, sadly i think M will mostly do RH and this may put many people off especially if the prices are as high (or higher) than rolling stones. If she did a greatest hits tour it would l out without question. She may change the setlist a little for us, but she's still going to mainly do RH.

Guest bluejean

I'm not convinced she's going to do "mainly Rebel Heart" songs. Didn't Ellen say something about her doing "all her old hits" when Madonna was standing right next to her?

8-10 Rebel Heart songs

10-12 hits

I think that would satisfy most people.

My friend who works at ticketek just told me they have began working on the seating arrangements & ticket prices for the tour in the last few days, venues are currently being booked for february so asian dates must be secured!!!

^ Good. I hope an announcement comes soon.

I really wish she'd do a mixture of stadiums and arenas in Australia. Please let it not be a 6-night arena tour of two cities (although I am sure Aussies will take whatever they can get at this point). But to go that far, after such a long desert of no touring, I feel like she should reach as many people there as possible.

I'm not convinced she's going to do "mainly Rebel Heart" songs. Didn't Ellen say something about her doing "all her old hits" when Madonna was standing right next to her?

8-10 Rebel Heart songs

10-12 hits

I think that would satisfy most people.

Lets hope so.

My friend who works at ticketek just told me they have began working on the seating arrangements & ticket prices for the tour in the last few days, venues are currently being booked for february so asian dates must be secured!!!

Thats great news! thanks for sharing. Lets hope we get some official news soon!

It's important to note that floor plans and pricing are not worked on by the ticketing agent - this is all done between the venue and the promoter representing the artist taking into consideration staging, safety, lighting, capacity etc. The ticketing agent is then engaged to build the floor plan into the system and prepare for on sale. The ticketing agent is asked to pencil in on sale dates. I worked for Ticketek directly for the Events Manager so have an awareness of processes.

This could be what your friend means.

It's important to note that floor plans and pricing are not worked on by the ticketing agent - this is all done between the venue and the promoter representing the artist taking into consideration staging, safety, lighting, capacity etc. The ticketing agent is then engaged to build the floor plan into the system and prepare for on sale. The ticketing agent is asked to pencil in on sale dates. I worked for Ticketek directly for the Events Manager so have an awareness of processes.

This could be what your friend means.

Seating floor plan he said & ticketing sales, so I guess he meant what u mean. Live Nation works on the ticket prices I know.

I don't think Madonna can get away with charging as much as the Rolling Stones imo

Her relevance in this country has diminished over the years and she's not going to win back fans by ripping them off.

I love Madonna but I don't want to pay much more than $300 so I guess I'll need my binoculars LOL

It's not a case of charging "as much" as The Rolling Stones...it's a case of charging (much) more....

All I can say is don't think, just buy the most expensive ticket.

By the time you're hesitating, all these expensive tickets will be gone quicker than a ray of light.

Do u guys think Madonna will do GA like Europe on the floor or seating like the US for the Australian Shows?

Also do u think they are going to do VIP packages for the Oz shows also?

Thanks

Do u guys think Madonna will do GA like Europe on the floor or seating like the US for the Australian Shows?

Also do u think they are going to do VIP packages for the Oz shows also?

Thanks

I think it will be seated and with VIP packages for sure. Though they can cram more people in for GA so it becomes a numbers game to make sure they can make the $$$

I need the announcement already! Ffs I need to make future plans already😂

+ 1

if they are cheeky, they might tease us all by releasing it on the very last day of May 😂

Edited by Martini123

At least now that we know that she's recruiting dancer for a tour 2015-16 that kinda confirms that the tour will expand to 2016, I'm still waiting for Latin America, btw was if she does the second leg from May to August and skips January-February? Just like S&S.