Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Okay if we are indeed last on the schedule, she definitely won't be fucked. :lmao::(

MADONNA'S TEAM (WE KNOW YOU READ THIS FORUM), PLEASE GIVE US MNATION AUSSIES PRIORITY BOOKING AND FREE UPGRADES TO THE SPECIAL AREA. KTHX.

He probably means that Australian tours don't tend to generate much exposure overseas, whereas tours of Europe and the US generate a lot of publicity/PR, so artists tour the US and Europe, get a heap of publicity (which helps to sell the later dates of the tour) and then come to Australia. One Direction have just bucked this trend, though, by starting their latest world tour in Sydney a few weeks ago before travelling to Japan.

Guest Hunterlas

He probably means that Australian tours don't tend to generate much exposure overseas, whereas tours of Europe and the US generate a lot of publicity/PR, so artists tour the US and Europe, get a heap of publicity (which helps to sell the later dates of the tour) and then come to Australia. One Direction have just bucked this trend, though, by starting their latest world tour in Sydney a few weeks ago before travelling to Japan.

Thanks for your response. I get what he meant now.

I was initially optimistic but not going to get excited now based on what is shaping up, Australia being mentioned as ending leg in 2016 is like deja vu. Even if tickets go on sale it will be always be at risk...she has kids in school still.

I don't think Madonna is aware that Australia has schools and private tutors that could teach David and Mercy french and home economics?

We even have nice beds here in Australia, made of straw, that she could rest up between concerts so she is not soooo tired.

We even have nice restraunts to eat at.

I don't see why she wouldn't. They care about money a lot and Australia is not saturated at all. Unlike Europe, North America and Latin America. Japan and Australia are a must this time from a financial perspective.

Up until now they saw they could make a fortune mainly in just North America and Europe and they were like "Fuck Australia, next time."

Guest bluejean

Thank you, yes. I just meant in terms of generating more exposure for the album with all the fanfare that comes from the artist doing shows in the country/cities. That's why it makes sense to do the more important markets first.

Also I think in the case of Madonna and other artists they want to get the essential markets in first and then add on the smaller markets if the schedule permits it. For eg, imagine if she'd done Australia and South America first for MDNA, then she would have HAD to continue through Europe and US into 2013 wheras Australia she could easily cancel once she realised she wasn't going to stay on the road into the new year (which is what happened.)

Guest bluejean

I mean look at Gaga. She did Australia/Asia early on then later cancelled US shows because she couldn't get through the tour. Typical example of why it's better to do the smaller markets later on.

Anyway we will find out on tuesday (aus time) if the press release/tour intinery includes australia or not!!!

I doubt it. Guy O will just say something like "we plan to do australia", "we will go to australia" but there'll be no dates locked in. Im pretty sure that no venues have been booked here yet.

Australian stadiums were being booked in june 2012 for the january 2013 mdna oz tour. The tickets were going to go on sale in july 2012, i know as i kept all the newspaper articles from then. I guess we can expect similar this time since the tour looks like coming here in jan/feb 2016. So tickets for an oz tour will probably go on sale in the winter time!

I don't think Madonna is aware that Australia has schools and private tutors that could teach David and Mercy french and home economics?

I think Madonna's children should learn Italian (in honour of her heritage) and I just happen to know an Italian teacher who would be more than happy to provide private tutoring for them ;)

Let's imagine for a moment that RH is actually going to make it to Australia. Assuming that they'll opt for General Admission for what is almost certainly going to be a stadium tour, what sort of tickets do people plan on buying? Regular General Admission, Gold Reserve (i.e. seated tickets close to the field), Early Entry tickets (General Admission with access to the venue before other General Admission ticket holders), Hot Tickets (seated Gold Reserve with an exclusive tour gift and a lanyard) and Normal Seated tickets are the standard options.

I mean look at Gaga. She did Australia/Asia early on then later cancelled US shows because she couldn't get through the tour. Typical example of why it's better to do the smaller markets later on.

She couldn't get through the tour because she couldn't sell tickets, not because she was physically drained as was the case for M.

I think we'll have a repeat of MDNAT as surely we would have heard SOMETHING (re venues) if dates had been locked in already.

Let's imagine for a moment that RH is actually going to make it to Australia. Assuming that they'll opt for General Admission for what is almost certainly going to be a stadium tour, what sort of tickets do people plan on buying? Regular General Admission, Gold Reserve (i.e. seated tickets close to the field), Early Entry tickets (General Admission with access to the venue before other General Admission ticket holders), Hot Tickets (seated Gold Reserve with an exclusive tour gift and a lanyard) and Normal Seated tickets are the standard options.

I'd definitely try go at least twice. Once GA and hopefully get up front if possible, and a second time seating but with a good view to kind of take it all in. I doubt I'd be successful so I'll probably end up sitting in the nose bleeds.

I remember in 1993 they had fully assigned seats everywhere even on the ground (except maybe the golden circle which I wasnt in). I remember the security were really narky and wouldnt let anyone stand on the seats, and wouldnt even let people stand out in the aisles. I was about half way back and (being short) could barely see a thing the whole show.

So whatever happens, Im going to try for as close up front as I can get. Hopefully they do something for the long run fans who have waited so long, not just leave us to race for tickets with everyone else. (And not just for ICON members, as we let our membership lapse years ago and then missed the cutoff).

Guest Hunterlas

She couldn't get through the tour because she couldn't sell tickets, not because she was physically drained as was the case for M.

T H A N K Y O U

I remember in 1993 they had fully assigned seats everywhere even on the ground (except maybe the golden circle which I wasnt in). I remember the security were really narky and wouldnt let anyone stand on the seats, and wouldnt even let people stand out in the aisles. I was about half way back and (being short) could barely see a thing the whole show.

The whole field was allocated seating for The Girlie Show (there was no General Admission at all, not even in the Golden Circle).

What's everyone's Plan B in case it doesn't happen?

same as last time: tears and anger. I cant afford to travel this year, so will just miss out.

Possibly Europe in December, but it's by no means a definite. I've got some serious thinking to do over the next 10 days or so...!

I'll just be watching crappy recorded versions on YouTube until the dvd release. I can't afford to travel overseas :(.

It pains me to know that only time she's toured here was the year I was born...

Edited by Guest