Madonna in German Gala Magazine

Glindathegood

I could always tell she had a sensitive side, she's said it many times herself (but more importantly you can just tell sometimes). Too bad many people don't get that about her. And I love how close she is with Lola.

Thank you so much for translating this!

Are you sometimes sad by seeing how time flies?

Yes, sometimes I really feel sad, but foremost nostalgic. I miss the good old days, in the beginning of my career. I was friends with so many great artists - Warhol, Haring, Basquiat. I experienced the upcoming of the Rock Steady Crew and the Graffity-Scene. New York was so full of life, we all pushed each other. Nothing was censored, everything was new, unique and exzessive. It was a wonderful time. Nowadays many things have become very nice and boring.

But your life remains exiting: In November you will start a new world tour.

To perform live in front of my fans is the greatest thing for me. But on the other hand it is also a huge effort. That´s why I train so much. I need to be super fit to be able to give my best every evening for months.

I love her so much

Thank you for the amazing translation

Great interview for a gossip magazine

Scanned through the interview. Too lazy to read the whole thing. From what I saw was great but OMG she actually goes on the internet and reads comments people say about her and it kind of bothers her lol. :ohmy: What happened to NO TV, reading/ listening to gossip-donna? LOL. Is this all cause Lourdes is gone, other kids are growing up, not currently touring, no boy toy, so she has too much time on her hands. :??

Yes that struck me as uncharacteristic of her. But she'll never turn into Goopy Paltrow and spend every second of the day and night reading every little negative remark

Thanks so much for the great translation. She reminds me of my mom who is very overprotective and still doesn't like it when I stay out too late at clubs or concerts. She really comes off as a sweet person with a great sense of humor, not bitchy at all.

It's interesting how she talks about nostalgia for the early 80's when she first moved to NY. I was saying how in the RH reviews thread how on this album there is a lot of looking back, retrospection, nostalgia whatever you want to call it.

And Graffiti Heart is very much about that period. I know it's a bonus track but I think it would be amazing to do on the tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachelle of London

Thanks for translating!

Do you reckon she personally reads MNation?

Whenever I see a random person with zero posts has looked at my profile I always think its Madonna. :rotfl:

Omg me too

I could always tell she had a sensitive side, she's said it many times herself (but more importantly you can just tell sometimes). Too bad many people don't get that about her. And I love how close she is with Lola.

Thank you so much for translating this!

I think she is doing it on purpose this era. She wants to move away from the "Madonna is a tough bitch" perception to "oh she's also human and has feelings and can get hurt".

I think she is doing it on purpose this era. She wants to move away from the "Madonna is a tough bitch" perception to "oh she's also human and has feelings and can get hurt".

Madonna has always shown her sensitive side in most interviews though. Even her interview and comments on different subjects way back in 1985 for Time magazine showed how thoughtful and sensitive she was. I pick up how emotional she is alongside her no nonsense, ambitious and strong personality - plus her great humour - in virtually every interview I have read.

Small video of the WELT interview:

http://www.welt.de/videos/article137627825/Madonna-draengt-Welt-Redakteur-zu-Trinkspiel.html

There's more in the print edition I believe, but there's some fun stuff in the video too. He asks her if she googles herself, she responds no and makes him drink a shot :chuckle:

Small video of the WELT interview:

http://www.welt.de/videos/article137627825/Madonna-draengt-Welt-Redakteur-zu-Trinkspiel.html

There's more in the print edition I believe, but there's some fun stuff in the video too. He asks her if she googles herself, she responds no and makes him drink a shot :chuckle:

I love that there is another interview for the Germans but why the hell is this guy so incredibly boring? And is this how you dress when you meet Madonna?

Maybe I'm too harsh, he was probably just as nervous as any other person talking to her.