Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

I wanna know where the fuck my CDs are. They've been on preorder for a month. I haven't even gotten an email saying they shipped. I have Amazon Prime, so I was expecting them to ship today and arrive Tuesday, but other people seem to be getting theirs early. :rant:

I wanna know where the fuck my CDs are. They've been on preorder for a month. I haven't even gotten an email saying they shipped. I have Amazon Prime, so I was expecting them to ship today and arrive Tuesday, but other people seem to be getting theirs early. :rant:

That is annoying. But just look at yourself naked in the mirror and say: "They all got their cds, but I'm ME." You'll feel better :)

Yes, I've all but given up on my Amazon order. It's ridiculous. Canceled my LFL single too now that there's a better UK version!!

That is annoying. But just look at yourself naked in the mirror and say: "They all got their cds, but I'm ME." You'll feel better :)

:rotfl:

Yes, I've all but given up on my Amazon order. It's ridiculous. Canceled my LFL single too now that there's a better UK version!!

I am usually quite impressed by Amazon. I wonder why this is happening? I wonder if Target will have all 3 versions? Maybe I'll cancel and go there Tuesday.

I honestly don't hear any difference between LFL and LFL alternate. :huh: I have a remastered version of rebel heart demo it's heaven although the final version grew on me.

I honestly don't hear any difference between LFL and LFL alternate. :huh: I have a remastered version of rebel heart demo it's heaven although the final version grew on me.

I think I found the difference between the album version and the alternate version of LFL:

The final piano sound of the album version ends abrupted and distorted. On the alternate version the last piano sound fades clear out and echoes. That's why the alternate version is 1 second longer.

Edited by BetteDavisDub

remastered version? was this a new leak or you did the remastering yourself?

I think I found the difference between the album version and the alternate version of LFL:

The final piano sound of the album version ends abrupted and distorted. On the alternate version the last piano sound fades clear out and echoes. That's why the alternate version is 1 second longer.

yeah and also there is less bass during the "drop" sound the synths are more prominent

This. The drop is less punchy.

The alternate sounds like the video version quite a bit.

AFAIK, the video version was indeed based on the alternate mix: The vocals and synths are more prominent in this mix, and the track fades quite abrubtly a second earlier than in the album version.

Btw, I finally listened to the Deluxe Edition in its entirety this morning.

I really liked what I heard, though I think I would have enjoyed the first listen even more if I hadn't heard any of the demos. :(

The excitement of listening the full album for the first time just wasn't as intense.

This whole leakgate has definitely taught me a lesson:

Never listen to demos of unreleased tracks that you know will be released soon.

I really liked what I heard, though I think I would have enjoyed the first listen even more if I hadn't heard any of the demos. :(

The excitement of listening the full album for the first time just wasn't as intense.

But it's so hard to resist! :lol: I kinda feel like I've had several new albums to experience over the last few months. A part of me wishes I hadn't listened, but another part of wouldn't trade this experience for anything the world.

AFAIK, the video version was indeed based on the alternate mix: The vocals and synths are more prominent in this mix, and the track fades quite abrubtly a second earlier than in the album version.

Where is this alternate version everyone speaks of?

But it's so hard to resist! :lol:

Personally I would never be able to stop myself, if I get the chance I'll listen :rotfl:

IKR :dead:

Guest Pud Whacker

But it's so hard to resist! :lol: I kinda feel like I've had several new albums to experience over the last few months. A part of me wishes I hadn't listened, but another part of wouldn't trade this experience for anything the world.

Since Music in 2000, the experience of gearing an album has been via Internet leaks for me. It's part of it.

That old fashioned way is archaic to me. I respect people that do it but I could never.

Me too Pud. If there is new Madonna out there, i want it. and I don't see a point in waiting. Life is short why wait for a certain day?

I loved this whole experience with listening to the demos first. That was a one of a kind. And I was not disappointed at all with the demos or the final versions.

But I do respect all the fans who did wait for the release day.

Same here. As soon as there's a leak, I want to hear it. I've loved hearing the creative process this time. It's been amazing and I've got some amazing tracks to add to the album.

I really admire those who waited but I don't think I've listened to an album in order since AL! I just play the tracks I like and make my own playlists.

However, I think I may go and listen to all her albums from American Life onwards as they were released just to appreciate her artistic vision.

I received my CD today but I don't want to open it as it has a sticker on the cellophane! I don't want to lose it.

Since Music in 2000, the experience of gearing an album has been via Internet leaks for me. It's part of it.

That old fashioned way is archaic to me. I respect people that do it but I could never.

I agree. HALF of Madonna's 30 year recording career has involved pre-release leaks. It's part of the experience.

Same here. As soon as there's a leak, I want to hear it. I've loved hearing the creative process this time. It's been amazing and I've got some amazing tracks to add to the album.

I really admire those who waited but I don't think I've listened to an album in order since AL! I just play the tracks I like and make my own playlists.

However, I think I may go and listen to all her albums from American Life onwards as they were released just to appreciate her artistic vision.

I received my CD today but I don't want to open it as it has a sticker on the cellophane! I don't want to lose it.

:dead: Which ones are you opening?

Next time I'm sure you'll avoid this. :thumbsup:

I'm posting this question here because I don't want to clutter the official song thread with demo talk.

The song Rebel Heart is absolutely wonderful. Madonna's vocal, lyrics, and passion are spellbinding. The melody is fabulous, and oh my God that chorus. Yet this is the song (not counting Beautiful Scars) that seems to have divided those who heard the demos the most, with some claiming the song was so much better.

As someone who has only heard this version and is choosing not to hear the demo, it's fascinating, because I cannot imagine this song being better than it is. Is it the production of the demo that some people preferred? I have heard several references to the vocoder, but can that really be what this comes down to? During MDNA error, many were wishing Madonna would not have so many effects on her voice, and now we have an album of her full, rich, clear vocals, and some are longing for vocoder? Was there an extra verse in the song or additional lyrics?

Are you sure you don't want to listen to it? It's really hard to explain the difference. Yes, there is a robotic "Rebellll Heeeaarrttt" throughout the song and some really nice sound effects.