Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

I always listen to albums the way it was intended to, even if it was the label that chose it. It's like watching a movie cutting scenes because you want to. I think it's just plain stupid. First of all, Music is an art form.

I agree with you!!!

I see. So the standard edition of 14 tracks is ONLY a clean version?

So I will take that to mean as well that RH is meant to close out the album rather than WAOM.

Thank you so much for always taking the time to acknowledge questions :inlove:

No the standard has both clean and explicit versions.

And I still consider WAOM the album closer because it sounds just like one! Even the reviewers view WAOM as the closing track and the last 5 as "additional tracks" as stated by official stickers.

I always listen to albums the way it was intended to, even if it was the label that chose it. It's like watching a movie cutting scenes because you want to. I think it's just plain stupid. First of all, Music is an art form.

X2. Who would change the artist's original vision and rearrange their own presentation? That's like saying that you don't like the composition of the painting so you just rip it apart and resemble it just because you prefer it like that.Dafuq?

I use this picture as the cover:

album_rebel_heart2_xl.jpg

Track listing:

1. "Living for Love" (demo)

2. "Wash All Over Me" (demo)

3. "Hold Tight" (demo)

4. "Holy Water" (demo)

5. "S.E.X." (demo)

6. "Nothing Lasts Forever"

7. "Tragic Girl

8. "Alone With You"

9. "Graffiti Heart" (demo)

Seems WAOM demo ended up on the final album after all

S.E.X. album version is EVERYTHING. Not even these 20 yo bitches can have the sex appeal Madonna has. It's the ultimate sexy song of Madonna. Witty, silly, sexy, sassy, hot, horny, nasty, FUCKING GREAT. One of my favorites.

I really did love a lot of the demos, but it's sad seeing what has happened here because of them. All these criticisms of the final versions would be virtually non existent if it weren't for the demos.

It's hard to say. It could be the same reaction if the demo leaked after, but I know what you mean. I'm trying to think: has there been a demo that released after the official release that I liked better? That would make a good topic. Can't think of any off hand.

For me, yes, there are Rebel Heart demos I like better than the final ones. I guess I need more time listening to the final versions. I'll make a separate playlist of the demos as suggested. I've been mixing them all together.

Actually, I like the Pharrell tracks. They aren't amazing or anything, but pretty good.

I love the Pharrell tracks,especially "Take A Day".That song has a certain charm to it.

I really hope that the final Wash All Over Me is closest to Demo 4. I feel like that version starts of quite mellow and slowly builds up to the dancey Avicci breakdown. Best of both worlds

I agree. Demo 4 is the best. I love the distorted vocals that play over the breakdown at then end "overrrr meeeee let it wash all over meeee over meeeeee"

I prefer Demo 3 with the synth pads during the verse which makes it sound so atmospheric vs those drums in Demo 4 (it sounds like a tambourine).

Edited by Guest

The avicii version sound generic, especially the noise after the verses. The final sounds sophisticated and grown up and fits the album. I don't mind it being faster but no to the dated avicii sound. She did best deleting that noice from the gorgeous tracks. I wouldn't mind them writing together again but not producing

The avicii version sound generic, especially the noise after the verses. The final sounds sophisticated and grown up and fits the album. I don't mind it being faster but no to the dated avicii sound. She did best deleting that noice from the gorgeous tracks. I wouldn't mind them writing together again but not producing

No lies detected

giphy.gif

we might see now how much the leaks damage the album release. We allready know about the single. It's terrible, even if we have 5 versions of 50 songs for free in our laptot, it's just terrible, and I'm so sad for her.

Forget Ray of Light, Music, American Life, MDNA, BEDTIME STORIES, Confessions on a dance floor....Rebel Heart is EROTICA 2.0. there are so much similarities between the two, the font used is one but the themes on the album, the hip hop and electronic mix, the grillz are the new gold tooth, the lenght (erotica was her first lenghty album), the photos, the attitude, the polarization, naked pics (Interview), Living for love / Deeper and deeper.....She's giving justice to Erotica ! Rain/Ghosttown, Where life begins/Holy water, Bye bye baby/Waiting all the Rebel songs.....

fff2.jpg

I agree there are similarities, she's a lot more edgy, and the songs are very sexual. I do recall people getting excited thinking MDNA was the new erotica though, comparing font, girl gone wild video being similar to fever and erotica etc, so I do wonder if we say this just because we love erotica and would love an erotica 2.0

Can not say I'm that way, and I never was... even in the days of "Like a Virgin"..I used to record my own compilations/version of the albums on tapes, rearranging the songs, including B-sides, mixes etc... I''m really listening to music for my own pleasure... and I personally could not care less how anyone feels about my way of doing things...

I agree. Demo 4 is the best. I love the distorted vocals that play over the breakdown at then end "overrrr meeeee let it wash all over meeee over meeeeee"

I looooove Demo 4 but I definitely think the album version is the powerful and has the most impact.

The album version of WAOM is absolutely perfect. Majestic and powerful. Really brings the melody and emotion to the forefront. I quite like some of the mid-stage demos, they are a nice mix of the two, but for me - the final version is just amazing. The initial demo sounded dated and a bit of a mess to be honest - like it didn't know what it wanted to be, ballad or dance song.

The album version of Rebel Heart however is about 25% less perfect than the demo. It just loses the drive and edge that the original version. I feel bad for saying it because i do agree with the mindset that the final version is what she wants us to hear, but everybody ive spoken to that is familiar to them both, all feel like the demo version is better. I still feel like this version is her reacting against the Avicii sound, but its one of the songs that really benefits from it.

Hold Tight (demo 5) is also pretty darn incredible, as is the original Inside Out, but i dont think they lose enough in their final versions to say that she got it wrong!

The melody of Alone With You is still blowing my mind. She has to do something with this track.

The album version of WAOM is absolutely perfect. Majestic and powerful. Really brings the melody and emotion to the forefront. I quite like some of the mid-stage demos, they are a nice mix of the two, but for me - the final version is just amazing. The initial demo sounded dated and a bit of a mess to be honest - like it didn't know what it wanted to be, ballad or dance song.

The album version of Rebel Heart however is about 25% less perfect than the demo. It just loses the drive and edge that the original version. I feel bad for saying it because i do agree with the mindset that the final version is what she wants us to hear, but everybody ive spoken to that is familiar to them both, all feel like the demo version is better. I still feel like this version is her reacting against the Avicii sound, but its one of the songs that really benefits from it.

Hold Tight (demo 5) is also pretty darn incredible, as is the original Inside Out, but i dont think they lose enough in their final versions to say that she got it wrong!

The melody of Alone With You is still blowing my mind. She has to do something with this track.

:clap: yes yes yes!

This post is 100% accurate.

This album preview has the upbeat WAOM (dj fmsteff 2014 totalmix) !!!!!

I'm confused why they are previewing a dance mix if it's not the album version.....

Edited by NothingFails

This album preview has the upbeat WAOM (dj fmsteff 2014 totalmix) !!!!!

I'm confused why they are previewing a dance mix if it's not the album version.....

Is this official promo megamix?