Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

Heaven could be a song for an upcoming movie no??? I don't know which one but I have that soundtrack feeling!

Posted this in another thread re: demos not necessarily all being for Rebel Heart (but rather, perhaps, for another project):

I had been thinking this about her process, too... especially considering how different her demo tracks with Pharrell sound. I wondered if Pharrell was working on the soundtrack for the Minions movie coming out in May (which is basically the third Despicable Me movie, and he did the soundtracks for the first two, and "Happy" first appeared on the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack before it appeared on his album) -- but given the lyrical content of her demos with him, it is probably not likely that they are related to a children's movie project...

For one split second, before I saw the lyrics for another song which is on the album, I thought maybe she had a theme song for the forthcoming Pixar film. It's called Inside Out. Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Bill Hader, and Phyllis from the American version of The Office are all doing voices. They play the embodiments of emotions in a young girl's head.

There are always possibilities, I suppose.

So, I'm going to channel Some of Shane (whose questions about the tracks he is waiting patiently to hear are quite enjoyable to read)... I wanted to ask about the album version of "Inside Out" ... (I haven't heard the final versions of the remaining tracks -- I've heard the 9 from iTunes, and tons of demos that aren't making the cut, but not the finished versions of album tracks that are not yet released). "Inside Out" is probably my favorite of the demos, and I'm a little nervous about how it's reported to have changed, because of the polarized reaction from fans. Anyone want to tell me a little more about what the finished one sounds like? Is it minimalistic? (Bjork "Army of Me" synth and NIN "Closer" percussion are gone from what I understand. Ditto with the guitar and piano. What's left in terms of instrumentation?!) Is the vocal take the same? Did we lose any lyrics, or did all of that remain the same?

Mensch, I think you are one of the big fans of "Inside Out," too, right? I'm especially looking for your insight here, please. :)

Yeah, a couple of us noticed that in the previous thread.

I can't believe I didn't even pick up on this when I heard "Score." I used to listen to musical soundtrack cast albums all.the.time, including Jesus Christ Superstar.

So, I'm going to channel Some of Shane (whose questions about the tracks he is waiting patiently to hear are quite enjoyable to read)... I wanted to ask about the album version of "Inside Out" ... (I haven't heard the final versions of the remaining tracks -- I've heard the 9 from iTunes, and tons of demos that aren't making the cut, but not the finished versions of album tracks that are not yet released). "Inside Out" is probably my favorite of the demos, and I'm a little nervous about how it's reported to have changed, because of the polarized reaction from fans. Anyone want to tell me a little more about what the finished one sounds like? Is it minimalistic? (Bjork "Army of Me" synth and NIN "Closer" percussion are gone from what I understand. Ditto with the guitar and piano. What's left in terms of instrumentation?!) Is the vocal take the same? Did we lose any lyrics, or did all of that remain the same?

Mensch, I think you are one of the big fans of "Inside Out," too, right? I'm especially looking for your insight here, please. :)

I can't believe I didn't even pick up on this when I heard "Score." I used to listen to musical soundtrack cast albums all.the.time, including Jesus Christ Superstar.

1. The stunning intro is gone

2. The verses are very dark.

3. It's not as euphoric anymore

4. The guitar in the chorus is gone but we get additional strings towards the end.

5. Not as upbeat as the demo.

6. The beat is very bombastic on the final version, reminiscent of Bjork's Homogenic.

7. Same melody/lyrics/song structure

I LOVE both versions but the overall tones are very different.

Inside Out Demo: hard and beat-driven verses, acoustic chorus

Inside Out Album Version: beats during the verses are gone, however it still sounds very dark and mysterious, chorus has a prominent distored beat now (which is the only thing I don't really love about this track anymore) and a male voice is yelling 'one more time' repeatedly

Inside Out Demo: hard and beat-driven verses, acoustic chorus

Inside Out Album Version: beats during the verses are gone, however it still sounds very dark and mysterious, chorus has a prominent distored beat now (which is the only thing I don't really love about this track anymore) and a male voice is yelling 'one more time' repeatedly

Indeed :voodoo: The album version is unlistenable for me.

The demo of Inside Out is in my top 20 M tracks of all time :inlove:

The demo of Inside Out had a huge single potential. The final version is more like a filler, a rather good one too. Just not single potential anymore. It's hard to explain.

But that's ok because it actually fits better with the tone of the album. And the rest of the songs are all amazing!

I am obsessing with Rebel Heart and Beautiful Scars album versions! :inlove:

I'm a bit off topic but whatevs ^^

I wish there could be a music video (not this song having to be a single though) of VVV with Madonna dressed as a motherfucking empress of ancient Rome.

Yes I said it, as the empress and in an armour, and for the chorus, I want her to be a gladiator in the colosseum

Just a fantasy of mine XD

Trust No Bitch is the new age Thief of Hearts. I LOVE IT! I'm really excited for the "final" Diplo version.

The version that leaked was labeled version 1, so presumably there was at least another version somewhere.

I caved and listened to Alone With You - so good! Has such a strong melody and it's got a sense of humor too (Look it up :lmao: )

If this is a scrapped song I can just imagine how good the ones that made the album are going to be :tigger:

INSIDE OUT DEMO IS BETTER

:lol:

Kinda hard to pick though. Both versions are great. IMO, the album version goes well with the concept of the Rebel Heart album. It's also a track after Holy Pussy Juice which sets the tone pretty high.