BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Unless people under 30 complain, Radio 1 won't listen.

I'm 28, I'll happily give them a piece of my mind.

as much as the radio 1 thing is unacceptable, i like it when madonna fights bigotry in society. She did it with views on women, and sex, and sexuality, and race ... it was inevitable that at the forefront of the fight against ageism could only be madonna. this can be her moment to redefine views.

Just wondered. Do under 29s really only listen to artists under their age? When I was 18 I don't recall hating on older artists. Are youngsters really that shallow?

Yeah, I was the same. When I was a teenager I loved Tina Turner and Aretha Franklin. Age had nothing to do with!

I'm 26 but I like artists of all ages (like T Swift, Miley, Katy and Madonna). I am not ageist with my music, and have tastes. What will happen when my young favs turn 40, will they be banned from the radio too??? What a shame!!!

That's just it; radios arbitrarily decide what the latest songs are and then the public decides which of those they like and continue to purchase on iTunes, etc. That's why radios are still important in terms of a song's success. When a listener phones in and picks their favorite song they usually pick one of the songs that has already been preselected for them.

All American radio plays is Taylor, Som Smeet, Katy, and 4/5 seconds, and other boring garbage

Just wondered. Do under 29s really only listen to artists under their age? When I was 18 I don't recall hating on older artists. Are youngsters really that shallow?

I'm 21 and if I only listened to artists around my age I would implode. Radio stations do have some leverage because they basically dictate what's popular for the section of the population that only pays attention to the charts. But I know (or at least I hope) there are plenty of young people that branch out and explore other artists.

Madonna’s single is being played on Radio 2, which caters for an audience aged over 35. By contrast, Sir Paul McCartney’s new single will be played by Radio 1 even though the former Beatle is 72. This is because the track is a collaboration with rapper Kanye West, 37, and pop mega-star Rihanna, 26.

They forgot to mention that Sir Paul McCartney is a MAN so he gets a Free Pass to this Ageist Radio Ban crap !

I hope this continues to get attention and some real outcomes are to be had. Things have got to change; ageism is becoming more and more prevalent. And the baffling part is that we all age...no matter. Foresight is just non-existent with people these days and I'm fucking tired of it! :angry:

I'm 21 and if I only listened to artists around my age I would implode. Radio stations do have some leverage because they basically dictate what's popular for the section of the population that only pays attention to the charts. But I know (or at least I hope) there are plenty of young people that branch out and explore other artists.

I Tunes and the Internet will slowly but surely kill the radio

garbage (shirley manson)

if I was @madonna I would seriously contemplate suing BBC Radio 1 for discrimination in the workplace. Just for sport. S

:clap:

One Direction or bloody Manface Goulding for our young people...by order of the BBC.

The disgusting corporation. that WE pay for, should have been shut down years ago. Good to see major support for M on the comments.

Kylie'sTiara is back with another gem..

KyliesSparklyTiarra, Formby, 12 hours ago

Madonna had her day. Radio 1 can't be forgiven for not playing Kylie, the UNDISPUTED QUEEN OF POP who's STILL GOING STRONG today!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

In America, Kylie is like "WHO IS THAT?"

WOW.

I didn't see this coming. This makes me sick to my stomach. Everything has already been said in previous posts, but how the hell is age relevant when it comes to music? :banghead:

Madonna, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Björk, Tina Turner, Stevie Nicks, Sade - just to name few "old" (UGH!) female singers who have had made one of their best work after their 40s.

I hope people (celebs too) will (and already have) react to this. But most of all I hope Madonna will make a comment about this. This is the next wall she needs to break!

Just read that Daily Fail article again and stupidly looked at some of the comments as read that there was a lot of support for Madonna. So disappointing to see the usual rubbish from the comments. What a lot of revolting bitter nasty trolls commenting and being just as vile, sexist and ageist as the article.