Ms best and worst producers.

Ciccone's Cheeks

IMO best: the true kings are and will always be *Pat Leonard, Stephen Brey, Nile Rogers and Jellybean. They were the most consistent and absolutely created (along with Madonna) the iconic and 'trademark' M sounds. Shep was okay. His style sounds the most outdated. Aside from one of the best songs of all time Vogue and a few others on Erotica, he, like Mirwais (Music and DTM) and Stuart Price (**HU and a few others from COAD) lacked versatility overall. Their shelf lives and sound expired quickly. Oops, forgot to add Pharrell! Loved his work on Hard candy.

Worst: Babyface zzz, Oakenfield (even though it was just 1 song/single), Dallas Austin, Martin Solveig, Timbaland, Benny Benissi, Orbit (hit/miss at best but more miss) Sorry, but think he's overrated and a one trick/album pony. David Foster (aside from You'll See, everything else was basically bland, mid 90s AC snoozefest crap).

I really like this idea for a thread. In all honesty, I think Madonna has done more for all of them than they have done for her. I am more convinced than ever before that she takes the lead in songwriting and production. I can't stand when reviewers write "Kanye produced this" instead of "Kanye CO-produced," or whoever.

Some of my favorites among her co-producers are Pat Leonard, Shep Pettibone, William Orbit, and Mirwais.

Guest eroticerotic

My favs are Patrick Leonard, Stuart Price, so far; meaning, that I listen to their other works, they are good and consistent outside of M.

The other producers seems to have done their best work with M, i.e. Shep, Orbit, Bray, so, good for her for bringing out the best in them!

All her producers have had their moments, I'd jump to say Martin Solveig, but they did produce Beautiful Killer together, also the instrumentals for GAYL and TUTR are excellent, it's just the terrible lyrics, which I'd blame M for. So the only worst producer I can think of would be DJ FRANK E. Revolver is one of the most hidious products I've heard from her. When it first leaked I assumed it was bad demo take - but no that was the real thing!

My favourite Madonna producer is Madonna. No matter which producer she co-produced with she got the best of him out of him, better than his work before or after her. Jellybean work for Debbie Harry (Feel the spin) and for his records are terrible, Stephen Bray produced records for other artists without Madonna and again : horrible (Kylie : enjoy yourself is no express yourself). Patrick Leonard (listening to the dated as fuck production on the Marilyn Martin album is torture) same.

Shep Pettibone was tamed & pushed to experiment at the same time by Madonna &Tony Shimkin. What he did after was blah (Cathy Dennis best tracks are not produced by Pettibone & Shimkin). Dallas Austin = same. The work Nellee Hooper did on Bedtime stories aged better than the work on Bjork's Debut. William Orbit could not top his work on Ray of light, even with Blur and even with Madonna on Music. He could only rehash (Pure shores, Pink) and really miss : his work on MDNA compared to his work with Britney & Chris Brown at the same time speaks volumes. Stuart did great albums by himself and with Zoot Woman but after giving his all with Madonna ( and Juliette at the same time) his work became really blah...(Aphrodite by Kylie). Mirwais did good with Yas but nothing compares to Music & AL. Timbaland whose work on Hard Candy does not include a co-producing credit by Madonna hence why the work with Pharrell sound more Madonna (though Miles Away is one of the highlights on the album).

The worst co-producing partner is Solveig, a nice guy but the result was terrible, even though lot is to blame on Demo Castillon for engineering and mixing so badly the work sucked to begin with. Demo saved the work of Benassi on I'm addicted and Best friend since they sound great and fresh compared to the horrible Girl Gone Wild (probably her worst single EVER, so cheap). Like a virgin is a better album than Let's dance.

In conclusion Madonna is the best producer for her co-producers.

My favourite Madonna producer is Madonna. No matter which producer she co-produced with she got the best of him out of him, better than his work before or after her. Jellybean work for Debbie Harry (Feel the spin) and for his records are terrible, Stephen Bray produced records for other artists without Madonna and again : horrible (Kylie : enjoy yourself is no express yourself). Patrick Leonard (listening to the dated as fuck production on the Marilyn Martin album is torture) same.

Shep Pettibone was tamed & pushed to experiment at the same time by Madonna &Tony Shimkin. What he did after was blah (Cathy Dennis best tracks are not produced by Pettibone & Shimkin). Dallas Austin = same. The work Nellee Hooper did on Bedtime stories aged better than the work on Bjork's Debut. William Orbit could not top his work on Ray of light, even with Blur and even with Madonna on Music. He could only rehash (Pure shores, Pink) and really miss : his work on MDNA compared to his work with Britney & Chris Brown at the same time speaks volumes. Stuart did great albums by himself and with Zoot Woman but after giving his all with Madonna ( and Juliette at the same time) his work became really blah...(Aphrodite by Kylie). Mirwais did good with Yas but nothing compares to Music & AL. Timbaland whose work on Hard Candy does not include a co-producing credit by Madonna hence why the work with Pharrell sound more Madonna (though Miles Away is one of the highlights on the album).

The worst co-producing partner is Solveig, a nice guy but the result was terrible, even though lot is to blame on Demo Castillon for engineering and mixing so badly the work sucked to begin with. Demo saved the work of Benassi on I'm addicted and Best friend since they sound great and fresh compared to the horrible Girl Gone Wild (probably her worst single EVER, so cheap). Like a virgin is a better album than Let's dance.

In conclusion Madonna is the best producer for her co-producers.

YES!

You said what I said except with much more detail and far more directly.

Madonna for the win.

Orbit is an excellent producer, just not such a good songwriter. The stuff he wrote is very bland.

The contributions by Marius devries have been, although few, all excellent.

And I've never disliked anything shep did. I know she wanted to go "in a different direction" with bedtime stories, but I thought she might have gone back to shep at some point. Did they fall out?

Orbit: big no no bringing him back after ROL.

Matrin Slovakia: where do I begin??? worst first single ever.

Oakenfold: i dont like his remixes.

Bennasi: maybe should stick to remixing.

Best: Nile Rodgers and Shep Pettibone

Worst: William Orbit on MDNA, Timbaland on HC, Kayne West, Matrin Solveig, Benny Benassi

But as Bang Gang UK Said " But yes, M is the constant factor that brings greatness to her production partnerships"

Guest Rachelle of London

Best: Shep Pettibone, Andre Betts, Mirwais, Nellee Hooper and William Orbit

All-time worst: Kanye West :voodoo:

But yes, M is the constant factor that brings greatness to her production partnerships.

This except I love kanyes production my worst will be Solveig.

IMO best: the true kings are and will always be *Pat Leonard, Stephen Brey, Nile Rogers and Jellybean. They were the most consistent and absolutely created (along with Madonna) the iconic and 'trademark' M sounds. Shep was okay. His style sounds the most outdated. Aside from one of the best songs of all time Vogue and a few others on Erotica, he, like Mirwais (Music and DTM) and Stuart Price (**HU and a few others from COAD) lacked versatility overall. Their shelf lives and sound expired quickly. Oops, forgot to add Pharrell! Loved his work on Hard candy.

Worst: Babyface zzz, Oakenfield (even though it was just 1 song/single), Dallas Austin, Martin Solveig, Timbaland, Benny Benissi, Orbit (hit/miss at best but more miss) Sorry, but think he's overrated and a one trick/album pony. David Foster (aside from You'll See, everything else was basically bland, mid 90s AC snoozefest crap).

I can see the overrated and even the one trick pony thing but to call him one of the worst is a stretch IMO.

Anyway, these producers created MAGIC with Madonna:

1. Stephen Bray (ITG, PDP, EY... enough said)

2. Pat Leonard (LTT, LIB, LAP... enough said)

3. Orbit (Frozen, ROL, DW/SFL... enough said)

I can see the overrated and even the one trick pony thing but to call him one of the worst is a stretch IMO.

Anyway, these producers created MAGIC with Madonna:

1. Stephen Bray (ITG, PDP, EY... enough said)

2. Pat Leonard (LTT, LIB, LAP... enough said)

3. Orbit (Frozen, ROL, DW/SFL... enough said)

4. Mirwais (Music, DTM, Paradise... enough said)

5. Shep Pettibone (Vogue, Erotica, Rain... enough said)