"If Madonna had recorded" A fantasy thread

ruey

Alright, I realise this might be a ridiculous thread to start, but I'm keen to find out what you guys think.

If you could imagine (and by imagine I mean fully fantasize about it!), Madonna recording ANY record by another artist, what would it be? Now, you have to imagine this world in which the existing record by the original artist ceases to exist and that it was one released in an actual Madonna era. (We can dream right?) And why?

For me it would be, without a doubt....

3558356.jpg

Lead single: Indestructible

Robyn is so obviously influenced by Madonna. I love this album's assured energy, it's very reminiscent of Madonna's earlier pop records all the way up to Confessions.

Alright, I realise this might be a ridiculous thread to start, but I'm keen to find out what you guys think.

If you could imagine (and by imagine I mean fully fantasize about it!), Madonna recording ANY record by another artist, what would it be? Now, you have to imagine this world in which the existing record by the original artist ceases to exist and that it was one released in an actual Madonna era. (We can dream right?) And why?

For me it would be, without a doubt....

3558356.jpg

Lead single: Indestructible

Robyn is so obviously influenced by Madonna. I love this album's assured energy, it's very reminiscent of Madonna's earlier pop records all the way up to Confessions.

I would love to hear M sing Indestructible

I'm going backwards through time/

at the speed of light

You might all think I am nuts, but when I read this thread, automatically in my mind came Madonna singing "Break Free" from Ariana Grande, lol. Maybe it's because it's one of the two songs I only like of hers and Break Free being my favorite, and I just think it would have been an even bigger hit on the dance floor with an even more positive message coming from our Madgesty!

I agree with wanting her to work with certain people, and that is why when she records another new album I would love her to work with Dada Life. these guys right now are the best new thing to happen to electronic music and they along with Madge can work magic!

As great a Cyndi is for herself, True Colors would be amazing on True Blue album. Even from the same time and nice title coincidence (maybe even a title track?)! And I think M could sing it just as well. Different, but just as good.

Or if Erotica era was not to be such heavy in theme and sound, M could easily record early Ace of Base material - All That She Wants, The Sign, or Happy Nation.

1. "All Is Full of Love" by Bjork would have been perfect for Madonna. Even the video for it. It would fit perfectly post ROL.

2. I also wish she'd have recorded "Protection" with Massive Attack for ROL.

3. "Teardrop" by Massive Attack (which was actually a song that they thought she could sing for them). This would have been a soundtrack single.

4. "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado for Hard Candy.

5. "Criminal" by Fiona Apple for MDNA after "Gang Bang."

6. "They" by Jem for American Life.

7. "Lament" by Mount Moriah for Rebel Heart

My choice:

Fame - a straight cover - a live performance would be fun

These Boots are made For Walking - a live performance also fun

Northern Star - Mel C - very Live to Tell in many ways -

Edited by Rainbow

Supposedly she was supposed to sing 'I was made for loving you' for a KISS tribute album. I want that to happen.

If it´s a cover then I so want her to sing Venus in furs from The Velvet Underground. An intense and sexually charged performance on tour would be necessary as well!

1. "All Is Full of Love" by Bjork would have been perfect for Madonna. Even the video for it. It would fit perfectly post ROL.

3. "Teardrop" by Massive Attack (which was actually a song that they thought she could sing for them). This would have been a soundtrack single.

4. "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado for Hard Candy.

5. "Criminal" by Fiona Apple for MDNA after "Gang Bang."

6. "They" by Jem for American Life.

7. "Lament" by Mount Moriah for Rebel Heart

Not familiar with all your suggestions. Do very much your idea about Bjork and Massive attacks songs :excl:

During MDNA era I thought Electra Heart by Marina ans the diamonds would have been a great comeback album for M. Like a cheeky commentary on the pop world in general, with all those pop girls with fake personalities /characters.

And speaking of covers, I would love her to do Use Me. I don't remember who sang it originally, but I loooooove Grace jone's version.

This! :drama:

I guess the most infamous song that was rumored to be recorded (but ultimately wasn't) was "These Boots Were Made for Walkin' " -- coulda been cool, I guess. Really would have fit with the themes on Erotica -- not just in the obvious 'kinky boots' kinda way, but the whole vengeful/hurt/angry emotions that came out in songs like "Thief of Hearts" and "Waiting."

Another song that I wish had made its way to Madonna (instead of All Saints) was the William Orbit-produced "Pure Shores." It was very liquid-y and the sound was her signature sound at that moment. Too bad she didn't get the chance to help write and record it.

Another song that I wish had made its way to Madonna (instead of All Saints) was the William Orbit-produced "Pure Shores." It was very liquid-y and the sound was her signature sound at that moment. Too bad she didn't get the chance to help write and record it.

All the Orbit tracks done on that All Saints album would have suited Madonna. The killer bit at the end of 'Black Coffee' is crying out to be Madonna-fied! They should have been shopped to Madonna....Shaznay would still be rolling in the royalties!

I do love Lana Del Rey and thought 'Video Games' would have suited Madonna in one of her more contemplative moments.