THE REBEL HEART ALBUM THREAD Pt

ryan

No physical releases for standard or super deluxe in Brazil.

BUT... T4F has just posted a page asking people "Which concert they're more excited for this year?"

AC/DC

Maroon 5

Madonna

Coldplay

Muse

Pearl Jam

Since Muse, Coldplay, Pearl Jam and AC/DC have already confirmed and booked....am really happy right now!

I find the imagery and themes for all 3 covers just besutiful and gorgeous! I just find the super and standard covers a tad bit lazy and last minute. Don't get me wrong, the images are amazing and total cover material, but what bugs me is the extra large parental advisory sticker, and tht placement of the album title. On the standard, it's s little too big. As for the super, it should be centered than pushed to the right. Otherwise they all look great! I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it looks like more time and thought was put into the wire cover than the other two

I'm just adding my two cents! :) I do love Biancos work though this era!

I find the imagery and themes for all 3 covers just besutiful and gorgeous! I just find the super and standard covers a tad bit lazy and last minute. Don't get me wrong, the images are amazing and total cover material, but what bugs me is the extra large parental advisory sticker, and tht placement of the album title. On the standard, it's s little too big. As for the super, it should be centered than pushed to the right. Otherwise they all look great! I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it looks like more time and thought was put into the wire cover than the other two

I'm just adding my two cents! :) I do love Biancos work though this era!

I adjusted it a little :biggrin:

BWRRH3%20ex_zpskrushgom.jpg

Edited by jaguadar1720

The red one is AMAZING.

BTW what is that "2 LP SET" version? Is she releasing a version which was her original vision? I'm dying for an official tracklist of that one! I want to enjoy Rebel Heart in an official version with good sequencing (no shade but you know,,,,,)

The red one is AMAZING.

BTW what is that "2 LP SET" version? Is she releasing a version which was her original vision? I'm dying for an official tracklist of that one! I want to enjoy Rebel Heart in an official version with good sequencing (no shade but you know,,,,,)

The 2 LP SET is the double vinyl of the Deluxe edition.

Iconic is a bit...I don't know. Messy? Noisy? Not sure what to think of it right now, it might get better after a few more listens.

Ok no, FUCK THAT.

Iconic is awesome. Just gets better after every listen. Not my ultimate fave, but great enough to declare it a song of LIFE.

I still can't believe that is the standard tracklist... They leave out VVV, Messiah and Rebel Heart for fucking Body Shop?!

Yeah, I will never get that. Perhaps they just want ppl to buy the deluxe instead.

the sticker on the cover mentions "featuring LFL, GHOSTTOWN..."

a good indicator that Ghosttown will be second single? :nervous:

rebel-heart-cover_super-deluxe.jpg

I know everyone wants Ghosttown as the next single or a lot of fans do but I just can't feel that.

I love the song but I feel like it's not edgy enough, it's too safe like LFL could very well be. Still too early to know if LFL will be big for her or not but she needs to release a Rebel song next.

Also means we aren't going to get Unapologetic Bitch with a wicked video like I was hoping.

I don't think we need "edgy" from Madonna for the next single.... she's shown the world edgy more than enough for a long time now, lol. I think the world needs to hear something beautiful and soft from her, this is why "Ghosttown" is a good choice to release IMO (soft imagery in the video too please).

I don't care if it is a smash (though i can see radio playing it more than her dance tracks). I believe it is high time for Madonna to release a song like this, and also to showcase to those that might not know that there are indeed songs like this on the album. People who hear L4L might think it is a dance album and it is far from that.

It's also the song that has impressed many of my friends who have grown tired of Madonna in the past few years.

the sticker on the cover mentions "featuring LFL, GHOSTTOWN..."

a good indicator that Ghosttown will be second single? :nervous:

The sticker on my HC album specifically mentions "Beat Goes On" and that wasn't a single. I really hope that "Ghosttown" is though. It's brilliant.

Guest Borderline

I must be the only one who doesn't like the red 'super deluxe' cover art. It's kinda cheap looking, and doesn't really fit the sound of the music thus far. The wired cover art is by far the best.

I don't think we need "edgy" from Madonna for the next single.... she's shown the world edgy more than enough for a long time now, lol. I think the world needs to hear something beautiful and soft from her, this is why "Ghosttown" is a good choice to release IMO (soft imagery in the video too please).

I don't care if it is a smash (though i can see radio playing it more than her dance tracks). I believe it is high time for Madonna to release a song like this, and also to showcase to those that might not know that there are indeed songs like this on the album. People who hear L4L might think it is a dance album and it is far from that.

It's also the song that has impressed many of my friends who have grown tired of Madonna in the past few years.

She hasn't shown the world edgy in terms of singles in a very long time.

Her last truly controversial single was American Life. She needs something forward thinking and different sounding, some thing she has never done before with a controversial theme.

I love Ghosttown but it's not even the best ballad on the album. Joan of Arc might be better out of the 9 we have now. It's a nice song but she should release one of the Bitch songs next. Not a safe slow ballad people aren't going to care about

I actually think the general public is very fond of Madonna's ballads and always has been. US radio will not play Madonna, but a ballad probably has a better chance than one of the bitch songs and may even impact adult contemporary radio.

The sticker on my HC album specifically mentions "Beat Goes On" and that wasn't a single. I really hope that "Ghosttown" is though. It's brilliant.

Beat Goes On featured Kanye West, though, so that's why it was on the sticker. Ghosttown really has no other reason to be on the sticker except if its a planned single.

As for this safe v. edgy debate. If you look as a single as a way to promote the album and artist, then I don't think an 'edgy' single makes sense right now. The general public can't handle it when Madonna flashes her ass and shows her legs, but they're going to embrace 'Bitch, I'm Madonna'? I really don't think so. I personally prefer BIM to Ghosttown, and probably even the Rebel side of the album to the Heart side, but Ghosttown really is the best bet

You guys are all speaking truth but BIM and UB bring something new to the table.

People always associate Madonna with being an innovator and bringing something to the pop world that's new in terms of her music. Moving the needle so to speak and BIM certainly fits that. The SOPHIE collab and everything is different and it's hot. I think a lot of fans are underestimating how big BIM could be.

I also really want to see a video for Unapologetic Bitch, it's probably my favorite track.

I really do like that red on the super deluxe. It gives the illusion she's in some seedy strip joint/nightclub or on the red light district. :lmao:

That's exactly how I feel!!! It harkens back to the SEX book/Erotica era (of course), and has that seedy but provocative/look but don't touch/old school erotic magazine feel to it. LOVE it!!!!!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I must be the only one who doesn't like the red 'super deluxe' cover art. It's kinda cheap looking, and doesn't really fit the sound of the music thus far. The wired cover art is by far the best.

I agree, I don't think very highly of it either. I prefer either regular or deluxe ones. It looks a lot like her GGW video appearance, and the framing looks a bit like a candid on a photo shoot would.

She hasn't shown the world edgy in terms of singles in a very long time.

Her last truly controversial single was American Life. She needs something forward thinking and different sounding, some thing she has never done before with a controversial theme.

I love Ghosttown but it's not even the best ballad on the album. Joan of Arc might be better out of the 9 we have now. It's a nice song but she should release one of the Bitch songs next. Not a safe slow ballad people aren't going to care about

Yes, cause the song 'American Life' was so well received... lol.

Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens!!! :-)