New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

conclusion:

this was her best Grammy performance so far.

1. Living for Love

2. Hung Up

3. Music

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Cane

Yeah, I would agree with this ranking too... last night was definitely her best, with 'Hung Up' number two.

She did seem nervous at the start but it was great when she got halfway through and suddenly cut loose. It was a bit raggedy round the edges but it really came together.

I think it's very endearing for her to show her nerves. It shows it's still important to her. She never takes a performance for granted.

She did seem nervous at the start but it was great when she got halfway through and suddenly cut loose. It was a bit raggedy round the edges but it really came together.

I think it's very endearing for her to show her nerves. It shows it's still important to her. She never takes a performance for granted.

Totally. I loved seeing her nervous. She takes nothing for granted and it just made this important performance from her more personal and endearing, as you noted.

The Munsters must have found out about the poll, because earlier this morning, Madonna had about 35%, Lardy 20. Now Madonna is flat at 35, and Lardy is at 40 :goodbye:

conclusion:

this was her best Grammy performance so far.

1. Living for Love

2. Hung Up

3. Music

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Cane

Nothing beats Music for me.

1) Music

2) Living For Love

3) Hung Up

4) Nothing Really Matters

5) Open Your Heart

The Ageist Madonna Bashing Needs to Stop

So photographs of Madonna’s Givenchy butt are flooding news outlets. Her butt is as perky as Brad Goreski at a sample sale at 8 in the morning, but people are telling her dress her age.

We’ve seen older celebrities dust off their jumpsuits and make welcome comebacks, but in Madonna’s case, she’s only 56. She’s not being quirky, she’s just being hot, and it sets of a chainof insults ranging from “put some clothes on grandma,” and “you’re too old to dress like that.”

Just because she exists in a constant state of a squat and can still fit into matador getup, it doesn’t mean she’s “clinging to” her youth. She’s simply extremely physically fit. If you don’t care for her outfit, fine, but she doesn’t need to cover up because of her age.

People are crying that it’s desperate, and shameless to show off her body at the Grammy awards of all distinguished evenings. Sure we’re not supposed to police women’s clothing when they’re young, but doing it when they’re older is fair game? Her current disciple, Miley Cyrus, can cut her wardrobe down to some soap suds and whatever coverage a nearby little person provides, but Madonna has to follow different rules: a tuxedo, a broach, and underwear.

So Betty White has permission to Instagram selfies that show her drinking from a pimp cup (not “distinguished” behavior,) but Madonna flashing the world with her body is a scandal. It really shouldn’t be so surprising to see Madonna showing skin. The fact is this. No one should expect the woman famous for church sex party music videos to be embracing her “dignified” pants suit age.

Whatever her regimen is, she continues to reinvent herself, and she still looks like Madonna. So she didn’t choose Netflix marathons over actual marathons like the rest of us have. She is fighting time. Why shouldn’t she embrace this? Stop bashing Madonna for working it. She will likely outlive the little girl in SIA video.

http://www.styleite.com/features/the-ageist-madonna-bashing-needs-to-stop/

So photographs of Madonna’s Givenchy butt are flooding news outlets. Her butt is as perky as Brad Goreski at a sample sale at 8 in the morning, but people are telling her dress her age.

We’ve seen older celebrities dust off their jumpsuits and make welcome comebacks, but in Madonna’s case, she’s only 56. She’s not being quirky, she’s just being hot, and it sets of a chainof insults ranging from “put some clothes on grandma,” and “you’re too old to dress like that.”

Just because she exists in a constant state of a squat and can still fit into matador getup, it doesn’t mean she’s “clinging to” her youth. She’s simply extremely physically fit. If you don’t care for her outfit, fine, but she doesn’t need to cover up because of her age.

People are crying that it’s desperate, and shameless to show off her body at the Grammy awards of all distinguished evenings. Sure we’re not supposed to police women’s clothing when they’re young, but doing it when they’re older is fair game? Her current disciple, Miley Cyrus, can cut her wardrobe down to some soap suds and whatever coverage a nearby little person provides, but Madonna has to follow different rules: a tuxedo, a broach, and underwear.

So Betty White has permission to Instagram selfies that show her drinking from a pimp cup (not “distinguished” behavior,) but Madonna flashing the world with her body is a scandal. It really shouldn’t be so surprising to see Madonna showing skin. The fact is this. No one should expect the woman famous for church sex party music videos to be embracing her “dignified” pants suit age.

Whatever her regimen is, she continues to reinvent herself, and she still looks like Madonna. So she didn’t choose Netflix marathons over actual marathons like the rest of us have. She is fighting time. Why shouldn’t she embrace this? Stop bashing Madonna for working it. She will likely outlive the little girl in SIA video.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Its so rare to see articles like this

I've watched it twice now. Very good! My only criticism would that I don't think the cut of the red corset flattered her figure that well. But I suppose it had to have some feature to it to allow it be hoisted up at the end.

So pathetic. Look what they've been reduced to.

after germ's performance snoozefest last night,

the following is playing in little monsturds minds; "i wish i could believe you, or at least have the courage to leave you"

even that country dude with the shades on and somsmeet were more eintertaining than gagball

Don't know if anyone else noticed this; I just rewatched it again, and the part where the dancers awkwardly surround her which before seemed like they were messing up... Well she sings "and watched me stumble" and isn't that basically what's happening there? She's stumbling? So, Am I right? :naughty:

Use to feel people claiming others are ageist was exaggerated, but there definitely are people who have very strong anti-ageist sentiment in the older generations and surprisingly in the millennials.

For some reason, it continues to be completely acceptable to ridicule older people (especially whites), but god forbid someone criticizes anyone's race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

tumblr_njhfr3ISoH1r2pp2to1_250.gif

My favorite part!! I love how sexy happy and free she looks shaking her hair like that!! :inlove:

This reminds me of ROL performance from the Drowned World tour..... (which by the way, is my favourite performance by her, ever!)

Ok so I've got a question on the performance, not sure if it's been asked before, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about it :)

After the second chorus, a remix kicks in for the breakdown - does anyone know from which LFL remix this was taken? It sounds cool!

And what about the instrumental prelude to the performance...is this featured in a remix too?

Totally. I loved seeing her nervous. She takes nothing for granted and it just made this important performance from her more personal and endearing, as you noted.

right before the second chorus when she sings "now that its over" she raises her left hand and her index finger is trembling.

moments like that make her so much more relatable for me.

i love her

Ok so I've got a question on the performance, not sure if it's been asked before, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about it :)

After the second chorus, a remix kicks in for the breakdown - does anyone know from which LFL remix this was taken? It sounds cool!

And what about the instrumental prelude to the performance...is this featured in a remix too?

It sounds like the Mike Rizzo Funk Generation mix ...

The biggest flaw last night was the Papa Don't Prech dancesteps, because the dancers were doing NOTHING, they should try to catch her or move onto the stage or something other than that was amazing.

I never really saw fans criticize the choreography before, but you can tell something is wrong when people are pointing out the same flaws. I wonder if she even knows, she must've watched her performance, right?

The breakdown is the Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Club mix, the intro is the Offer Nissim Living for Drama mix, and the spoken word intro is from the Secret Project Revolution film.

The breakdown is the Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Club mix, the intro is the Offer Nissim Living for Drama mix, and the spoken word intro is from the Secret Project Revolution film.

Thanks a lot!

Love how she incorporated so many different elements into the live version :tigger: