Get Shazam ready for Madonna’s performance

Shazam always saves my life when I'm out and about and I hear a turn that I need to have in my life.

it collects data on how many people ask about a song....it helps with radio...she'll probably want us all to shazam the shit out of her song when she performs, lol.

User: Shazam, I'm looking at the TV screen watching Madonna perform Living For Love at the Grammy's. What is this song?

Shazam: It's called Living For Love from Madonna.

Where has this app been all my life!

:rotfl:

The app would be for people who are not aware what song Madonna is performing at the Grammys...

The app is much more than that though...

The app would be for people who are not aware what song Madonna is performing at the Grammys...

Google? Seems to me that would be quicker than wading through pages of apps everyone simply must have nowadays.

Look I'm not against technology or anything. I can see if you're out and about, hear a song and want the name that might come in handy but that happens to me, maybe, once a year. Even then, just type in a lyric from the song on google and it comes up. This happened at work a few years ago. Works like a charm. If the app does sooo much more, okay. Haven't heard what that is just yet lol but if ppl get use out of it, that's cool. I just think all this DOWNLOAD APP NOW stuff for EVERYTHING nowadays is getting a bit.. ridiculous.

Look I'm not against technology or anything. I can see if you're out and about, hear a song and want the name that might come in handy but that happens to me, maybe, once a year. Even then, just type in a lyric from the song on google and it comes up. This happened at work a few years ago. Works like a charm. If the app does sooo much more, okay. Haven't heard what that is just yet lol but if ppl get use out of it, that's cool. I just think all this DOWNLOAD APP NOW stuff for EVERYTHING nowadays is getting a bit.. ridiculous.

Giiiiiirl pop a Xanax please!!! :lmao:

I totally agree!

If I heard someone on the radio singing "Living for love, I'm living for love" I would just check google and know who's the singer. Actually, it takes less time to do that than downloading an app. There's an app for everything today, how did people live without smartphones? :newspaper:

What are the other uses of Shazam? I doubt that Madonna told us to use it just to recognize her song :laugh:

What are the other uses of Shazam? I doubt that Madonna told us to use it just to recognize her song :laugh:

Every time one of Shazam’s 88 million users asks, "What’s that song?" and IDs it on a phone, record labels receive another chunk of crucial information to determine the next big hit.

Far from just a resource to identify a song you hear in a club or store, each ID tag shows up in the British company's database, where it gets packaged into pop charts, shown to record labels, radio stations and concert promoters and used to make a small hit even bigger. Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Lorde's "Royals" are among the many blockbusters that showed up first in Shazam.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/can-shazam-predict-the-next-big-hit-20140220#ixzz3R664qPIK

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

For live TV shows, you can shazam and it knows what program your watching. Sometimes it'll have exclusive content during special programs for whatever artist is playing (like interviews n such, and it'll have links to direct you to digital retailers to purchase the song)

It's a neat app, especially when it comes to commercials, or God forbid you forget the lyrics, not everyone has a computer nearby to quickly type in the lyrics

BUT YOU HAVE THE PHONE IN YOUR HAND AND THE PHONE SHOULD HAVE GOOGLE. I assume you have to have Internet to use this Shazam app?????

Every time one of Shazam’s 88 million users asks, "What’s that song?" and IDs it on a phone, record labels receive another chunk of crucial information to determine the next big hit.

Far from just a resource to identify a song you hear in a club or store, each ID tag shows up in the British company's database, where it gets packaged into pop charts, shown to record labels, radio stations and concert promoters and used to make a small hit even bigger. Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Lorde's "Royals" are among the many blockbusters that showed up first in Shazam.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/can-shazam-predict-the-next-big-hit-20140220#ixzz3R664qPIK

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

THIS!

and something is up since SIA now said to get it as well, hmmm

Shazam is by far the most useful app ever, and one of the easiest to use. It will recognize a song just by the music (no words needed), for example if you catch the end of a song and even if there are no more words sung it will still recognize the song and tell you the name of the song, the album and artist, which obviously you can't do with google if you don't catch any of the words. It'll be cool to see what the special surprise will be with the Shazam tie-in, since it does sound like something has been planned.