REBEL HEART - THE SPOILER ZONE 2 (links will be reported to Guy Oseary)

The BIGGEST a fans I know...the ones that fly around the world over to see her opening night and buy and collect everythjng she releases are "collectors" and have every demo. You can see it however you want...this has been going on for decades...her biggest fans have been involved in listening in on leaks and demos and pre-fame songs etc...

God, yeah! Madonna fans are very passionate indeed. There is another level of excitement with demos, unreleased tracks, etc. I have never understood people who ONLY listen to what is on the radio and that is their life's journey with music. My brother is like that. Music is rich with infinite possibilities if one takes the time and energy to investigate. Madonna engenders a loyalty amongst her fans that I have barely seen elsewhere. I'm a big fan and collector of Goldfrapp, Roisin Murphy and heaps others, yet Madonna's fans are on another level.

Does it even matter if we are

I mean it makes sense to collect all the RH demos if you have a record of keeping all demos of her discography. If not, then I really don't understand why so many people here are so eager to look for each demo, even versions that are rough and unfinished. I'm not judging anyone of you since I own a bunch of these demos too, but I just don't see why you would still want to get more of them even after the final album has leaked. It's a bizarre situation.

:rotfl::rotfl:

M was right to ditch all these demos that just leaked.... Except Heaven, of course :old:

So...? At least we can enjoy them. I'm glad my ears are taking to so many of these demos. Just because they didn't make the album, doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. If you don't like them, fine. But I'm enjoying them, esp. the funky Pharrell tracks that everyone hates. Don't care.

yes, and like this guy I guess you think you have the right to control her career and music direction. great!

bashbing.jpg

I'm not even going to read that but no, I don't think I have the right to control her direction. I never voiced any negativity towards her about the demos or the differences in versions. I'm a musician so for me, it's fun to listen to all the versions. She's never disappointed me. The demos didn't ruin the songs for me. I don't get your point.

I mean it makes sense to collect all the RH demos if you have a record of keeping all demos of her discography. If not, then I really don't understand why so many people here are so eager to look for each demo, even versions that are rough and unfinished. I'm not judging anyone of you since I own a bunch of these demos too, but I just don't see why you would still want to get more of them even after the final album has leaked. It's a bizarre situation.

It's 'a feeling I can't explain'! ;)

It's an interesting mix. Dark in terms of production and atmosphere, but playful/almost humorous in terms of lyrics and vocal delivery.

Yeah that "humorous" part you're talking about is more like "I'm a confident sex goddess, you get on all your fours right now" lol

You can hear the humorous irony in her voice, but it's still pretty dark and at times even creepy. Especially that eerie piano. The listing of sex tools and the bed sounds in the end are kinda scary too. But may be I'm just not used to the dark side of sex....

How is it bizarre to collect demos even after the final album leaked? That makes no sense at all. We want all the listed demos..it doesn't matter if she releases 5 new albums. We've always collected her demos and unreleased tracks and have enjoyed them enormously.

I'm not even going to read that but no, I don't think I have the right to control her direction. I never voiced any negativity towards her about the demos or the differences in versions. I'm a musician so for me, it's fun to listen to all the versions. She's never disappointed me. The demos didn't ruin the songs for me. I don't get your point.

That's why i love people like Mensch who express themselves this way :)

I never voiced any negativity towards her about the demos or the differences in versions. I'm a musician so for me, it's fun to listen to all the versions. She's never disappointed me. The demos didn't ruin the songs for me.

:thumbsup: nice kid

Alone With You lyrics

Don't you treat me like I'm anybody
Not average, I'm not everyone
You criticize me like you're something special
But you're not
This is who I am, not ordinary
If you want the prize, better pay the price
Pointing out all the flaws in me, like you were perfect
But you're not
There you go, didn't you make a convenient exit?
I'd rather be on my own
I'd rather be all alone
There's something you didn't know
Here you come
Trying to make a convenient entrance
I'm turning my heart into stone
I'd rather be all alone
Than be alone with you
Try to shoot me down, it'll ricochet
You can't escape, always hear my name
I'd like to raise a glass to all your arrogance (look it up)
Call it what you want, you're history
I'll never understand, you're a mystery
You lied with every kiss, it all comes down to this
Letting go, didn't you make a convenient exit?
I'd rather be on my own
I'd rather be all alone
Here you come
I'd rather be all alone
Than be alone with
I'd rather be all alone, now I'm free
I'd rather be all alone
I'd rather be all alone
You can't handle me

Thanks to Bill and FallingFree for the corrections!

Edited by rebelvvv

i don't think this guy realizes he's on MadonnaNation...

not everyone has to be on our level but a lot of the people on this forum are ON OUR LEVEL of FANDOM!

we love the demos...always have. all of a sudden she's on instagram crying, and all these righteous fans are like, "you're not a fan!!!!!"

Seriously, I don't think they've been around for any discussions of the demos over the last 10+ years...the leaked outtakes for photoshoots and Blond Ambition...like are you fucking kidding me! we live for all that and now we have to explain why we are not going to listen to Madonna's declaration of her artistry. It's wrong that it happened and we all feel terrible that she's upset about it but it happens to most artist. let's get over it.

I just can't understand why some people even care that others like to listen to and/or collect demos and unreleased songs (that would have never made an album anyway...and NOT for profit, mind you).

As Mensch has so brilliantly articulated, so many here have followed this woman through it all, spending the majority of their income on her product. It's only natural that there of those of us who are going to want to follow the entire journey. The actual process does interest us. In fact, I'd be shocked if a hardcore, life-long fan didn't want to see and hear everything they could. Why do you think artists (that invest in their legacy properly) release box sets, with demo collections, etc.? Because it's part of the entire journey that many hardcore/life-long fans would, naturally, want to hear and see (and actually purchase, if they could!). If other people enjoying demos affects you so much, I think you have bigger problems.

Some of us are mature enough to not have our listening experience ruined by listening to demos. If it ruins things for you, then that's your problem, and you should probably wait. But the self-righteous finger-wagging is tired as hell.

For those with only a couple hundred posts, I think you are missing the main Rebel Heart album thread for NO spoilers. This is NOT it.

thank you! ^^^

i honestly think it just irks the complainers that we are enjoying it and they are not and then they get this satisfaction whenever somebody says whatever leak wasn't worth it in comparison to the released songs (as you will notice in the more recent leak posts) that they must reiterate it and then re-express their disdain of those listening to the demos IN THE DEMO SECTION.

Well I do realize that this is a spoiler thread, so will someone please tell me if Holy Water is a dance song?

And also the statements that Heartbreak City is one of her best vocals ever? Yes?

i don't think this guy realizes he's on MadonnaNation...

not everyone has to be on our level but a lot of the people on this forum are ON OUR LEVEL of FANDOM!

we love the demos...always have. all of a sudden she's on instagram crying, and all these righteous fans are like, "you're not a fan!!!!!"

Seriously, I don't think they've been around for any discussions of the demos over the last 10+ years...the leaked outtakes for photoshoots and Blond Ambition...like are you fucking kidding me! we live for all that and now we have to explain why we are not going to listen to Madonna's declaration of her artistry. It's wrong that it happened and we all feel terrible that she's upset about it but it happens to most artist. let's get over it.

Well that was exactly my question. I was simply asking if you guys have the habit of collecting all of her demos? If yes then of course you would want to hear all of 'em because the level of fandom is probably way up higher.

I have been busy playing the final album on repeat so I really have no time for these demos anymore.

Well I do realize that this is a spoiler thread, so will someone please tell me if Holy Water is a dance song?

And also the statements that Heartbreak City is one of her best vocals ever? Yes?

Holy Water is not a dance song in the traditional sense...but it is upbeat, and is quite 'danceable' in a sense. I don't know how to properly describe it...like more upbeat, kind of funky, mid-tempo...?

Heartbreak City IS a phenomenal vocal performance...and an amazing song altogether (not to mention the fabulous background vocals).

great...i am as well but the demos are wonderful.

the ones that weren't released are such a great addition to all the other demos from albums prior that weren't released. this time, we lucked out and got the entire album in demos.

Alone With You lyrics

Don't you treat me like I'm anybody
Not average, I'm not everyone
You criticize me like you're something special
But you're not
This is who I am, not ordinary
If you woke up crying, better pay the price
Pointing out all the flaws in me, like you were perfect
But you're not
I'd rather be on my own
I'd rather be all alone
Here you come
I'd rather be all alone
Than be alone with you
Try to shoot me down, it'll ricochet
You can't escape, always hear my name
I'd like to raise a glass to all your arrogance (look it up)
Call it what you want, you're history
I'll never understand, you're a mystery
You lied with every kiss, it all comes down to this
I'd rather be on my own
I'd rather be all alone
Here you come
I'd rather be all alone
Than be alone with
I'd rather be all alone
I'd rather be all alone
You can't handle me

thanks. its a good demo. there's a strong scars/flaws/only human theme through a number of demos which is interesting.

and for all those people who think madonna has no sense of humour ... i love the 'look it up' in the second verse.

Holy Water is not a dance song in the traditional sense...but it is upbeat, and is quite 'danceable' in a sense. I don't know how to properly describe it...like more upbeat, kind of funky, mid-tempo...?

Heartbreak City IS a phenomenal vocal performance...and an amazing song altogether (not to mention the fabulous background vocals).

Thank you!

Last question: does Addicted bear a slight resemblance to Hole as someone said?

Were people really creaming over Alone With You? I gave in and listened and was disappointed. It didn't take me there. I don't see the appeal....