LIVING FOR LOVE Video: The QUEEN OF LIFE Delivers Another Classic Video!

n-LIVING-FOR-LOVE-large570.jpg Madonna's 'Living For Love' Video Is The Singer's Best Work In A Decade

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/madonna-living-for-love-video_n_6622962.html

Madonna dropped off the music video for "Living for Love" on Snapchat's doorstepThursday afternoon, inching closer toward the (official) release of her 13th studio album, "Rebel Heart," on March 10.

The clip finds Madonna playing matador to a host of men dressed as bulls in a red theater that glitters like a Latin-infused "Moulin Rouge!" Its imagery matches the anthemic heft for which many applauded the track when it hit iTunes in December. For a song that carries the torch of "Express Yourself," the singer dons a leotard reminiscent of 2005's iconic "Hung Up" and emerges victorious amid an army that stands no chance against a warrior who "picked up my crown [and] put it back on my head" -- a sentiment especially potent in the wake of the multiple leaks that have plagued her new music.

This is Madonna's theater, after all. Football players fawned over her in "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and she gyrated her way through a callback to the provocateur years in the black-and-white "Girl Gone Girl," sleek videos whose self-referential undertones did not double as suitable extensions of Madonna's legacy. Here, no matter the aforementioned comparisons to her 33-year career, she channels the new breakup anthem for something else: Madonna presents herself as queen of the big top without relying on allusions to her own résumé to prove she is the master of the postmodern pop scene. She uses her ongoing prowess to vanquish the beasts who grunt and shove their way across her stage. This is the Madonna video we've waited a decade for, and it hails from what sounds like the makings of the Madonna album we've anticipated for just as long.

As of now, you'll have to head to Snapchat's Discover page to watch the "Living for Love" clip, which was directed by French duo Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen, otherwise known as J.A.C.K., and edited by Danny B. Tull, who worked on "4 Minutes" and several other Madonna videos. HuffPost Entertainment will embed the video here as soon as it appears online.

o-MADONNA-570.jpg?1

:dramatic: :dramatic: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS

THIS LOOKS LIKE WHO'S THAT GIRL TOUR BEHIND THE REHEARSALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DYING!

:wow:

Ohh that jacket is everything! I want it!

Thank you for posting. Looking forward to seeing it in HD tomorrow. As is, I wasn't very impressed, but I'll reserve my final option for tomorrow. It's hard to judge from the quality. One thing I really didn't like were the sound effects. I feel like it was unnecessary and distracting, especially if this is the first time someone hears the song.

idc if it's revisited bullfighter, la isla bonita, papa don't preach or whatever else.

She's dancing!!!!! And it's not in front of wall with gun fingers LOL (at least none that I've seen yet). Off to watch again!! We need HD...NOW

n-LIVING-FOR-LOVE-large570.jpg Madonna's 'Living For Love' Video Is The Singer's Best Work In A Decade

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/madonna-living-for-love-video_n_6622962.html

Madonna dropped off the music video for "Living for Love" on Snapchat's doorstepThursday afternoon, inching closer toward the (official) release of her 13th studio album, "Rebel Heart," on March 10.

The clip finds Madonna playing matador to a host of men dressed as bulls in a red theater that glitters like a Latin-infused "Moulin Rouge!" Its imagery matches the anthemic heft for which many applauded the track when it hit iTunes in December. For a song that carries the torch of "Express Yourself," the singer dons a leotard reminiscent of 2005's iconic "Hung Up" and emerges victorious amid an army that stands no chance against a warrior who "picked up my crown [and] put it back on my head" -- a sentiment especially potent in the wake of the multiple leaks that have plagued her new music.

This is Madonna's theater, after all. Football players fawned over her in "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and she gyrated her way through a callback to the provocateur years in the black-and-white "Girl Gone Girl," sleek videos whose self-referential undertones did not double as suitable extensions of Madonna's legacy. Here, no matter the aforementioned comparisons to her 33-year career, she channels the new breakup anthem for something else: Madonna presents herself as queen of the big top without relying on allusions to her own résumé to prove she is the master of the postmodern pop scene. She uses her ongoing prowess to vanquish the beasts who grunt and shove their way across her stage. This is the Madonna video we've waited a decade for, and it hails from what sounds like the makings of the Madonna album we've anticipated for just as long.

As of now, you'll have to head to Snapchat's Discover page to watch the "Living for Love" clip, which was directed by French duo Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen, otherwise known as J.A.C.K., and edited by Danny B. Tull, who worked on "4 Minutes" and several other Madonna videos. HuffPost Entertainment will embed the video here as soon as it appears online.

o-MADONNA-570.jpg?1

Great article!! :inlove:

She's gorgeous! Love how she did the hand gesture from Rain and the dance moves from PDP. The bitch is back on top again! (Well, she's always been)

My God, what a glorious video! This is ready for the Grammy stage, I cannot wait for her to have everyone on their knees again in the 4th consecutive decade of her greatness. All hail the Queen!

I have to re-watch this again and again...

Thank you for posting. Looking forward to seeing it in HD tomorrow. As is, I wasn't very impressed, but I'll reserve my final option for tomorrow. It's hard to judge from the quality. One thing I really didn't like were the sound effects. I feel like it was unnecessary and distracting, especially if this is the first time someone hears the song.

I'm not sure about the sound effects either, but couldn't immediately tell if it was in the video or the guy filming off his computer bumping around lol. WE NEED HD. It's really hard to watch in such LQ. Really does an injustice.

My God, what a glorious video! This is ready for the Grammy stage, I cannot wait for her to have everyone on their knees again in the 4th consecutive decade of her greatness. All hail the Queen!

I have to re-watch this again and again...

:wow::clap:

the colour grading is confusing (but I think that's just a quality issue) but RED is stunnning! and the dancing! and the outfits

this has woken me the fuck up, the concept is so cool and the execution so exciting it's so modern and so Madonna!

the scene at the end with the flowers falling on the minotaur is gorgeous and the quote but... papyrus?! :madgemanson:

there's so much going on I need to keep watching I NEED it in HD NOWW

the colour grading is confusing (but I think that's just a quality issue) but RED is stunnning! and the dancing! and the outfits

this has woken me the fuck up, the concept is so cool and the execution so exciting it's so modern and so Madonna!

the scene at the end with the flowers falling on the minotaur is gorgeous and the quote but... papyrus?! :madgemanson:

there's so much going on I need to keep watching I NEED it in HD NOWW

Thank god it wasn't Comic Sans. I can live with papyrus (for now)

For the record bitches, my snarky comment in the previous thread was in regard to people saying they couldn't access the video or were having trouble downloading Snapchat or simply couldn't. But I think it's theoretically an innovative/cool way to premiere the video.

I'm just wondering - how is it humanly possible to have a body like that at her age????? :laugh::huh::laugh::huh:

She really isn't human after all, is she?? :think:

She looked damn sexy in the video. Thanks for stealing my line!!

Oooh okay what I love:

that steely focused 'in the zone' look in her eyes

the little subtleties in her movements: the hand clapping, the flicking something away, the interesting masculine posture

the Papa Don't Preach stepping!

The gorgeousness of her face! Mama still has the ability to enthrall, enrapture, just through her eyes

what detracts:

the animal grunting all throughout

you get a hint of some choreography towards the end, but it's obscured with the quick flash cuts. But I trust Mama's gonna bring the full dance sensation at the Grammies!

the low quality-ness - hanging out for that 720p / 1080p version!