Nobody's perfect
I was dishonest
I will do my best
Yeah

Mmm, mmm, yeah
Mmm, mmm, yeah
Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect
[repeat and fade]
This album track finds Madonna trying to apologize for some undisclosed transgression while using the excuse of not being perfect. Her vocals are heavily processed for most of the song giving it a very detached and almost non-human feel. The only time we hear her true voice is during the "Cool I am" bridge where she sounds much more vulnerable and warm. I don't dislike this song but it is probably my least favorite from the Music album. I think I would like it better if there was less effects on her voice and if the lyrics were a bit stronger and not so simplistic. I do love the bridge and also the march-like music on the outro.
Favorite Lyric: Cool I'm not when I am lonely
Favorite Musical Part: The outro
Favorite Vocal Part: The bridge

I really like the song but like you said, it's one of my least favorites on the album.

On the live version there's a part that reminds me a lot of Nothing Fails, has anyone else noticed that?

My 2nd favorite from this album after the title track

mmm mmm yeah

mmm mmm yeah

perfect

perfect

perfect

perfect

mmm mmm yeah

mmm mmm yeah

perfect

perfect

perfect

perfect

such a mesmerizing track!!! perfect album track for this album and perfect companion piece to PN4M....

the lyrics are simplistic simple on purpose, and with the arrangement give the right out-of-this-world atmosphere...

really love it

such a mesmerizing track!!! perfect album track for this album and perfect companion piece to PN4M....

the lyrics are simplistic simple on purpose, and with the arrangement give the right out-of-this-world atmosphere...

really love it

this

Awesome track! The "coolllll I Am" whispered at the beginning gave me goosebumps. So atmospheric. And Madonna is so good at giving us classic breakdowns at the end of her songs. Mmm, mmm, yeah. Perfect.

So beautiful and so human.

Her work with Mirwais is perfection. More experimental than her stuff with Orbit and just as personal as her stuff with Leonard in the prime. Yet probably one of the most underrated.

really love it

I stand corrected vande :lol:

Seriously though, I love to hear differing opinions and interpretations from other fans. Sometimes it makes me hear songs in a totally different way and I appreciate that :thumbsup:

That's why I post ALL songs - not just my favorites - that is what these SOTW threads are all about!